I'm pretty excited about the potential of this software and hope there will be a more detailed manual and tutorial soon (as it sounds like there will be)!
- Does RC contain a harmony generator... where I can compose a melody and then have RC help come up with interesting harmony parts to correspond with the melody?
- Can you explain what the idea generator does?
- How does the rhythm generator work in relation to chords for example? I imagine you can use RC to make some pretty funky rhythm heavy stuff... can it take a simple chord progression and generate new interesting rhythms with it... if so, how do you do this?
- Can RC help with arrangements... specifically regarding which composed parts work best with certain instruments/ranges?
|^||Joined: 04 Dec 2008 Member: #195125|
thank you for your questions.
- RC does not contain a harmony generator yet, though this is planned for a long time.
- the idea generator (for advanced users only ) creates a few measures using the phrases, variations, chord progression, etc that you specify. You can choose to have more randomness, or none at all. A number of phrases are selected from the set of phrases or phrase generators based on your settings, then the same happens for variations (transformations applied to phrases). We have a customer who makes music for films and he always starts composition in the idea tool... Though I realize this may not be useful for everybody.
- If you ghost copy a phrase generator, and change the rhythm of the original phrase, all phrases will use the new rhythm. In the near future the same rhythm generator can be shared between multiple phrases which will be very exciting IMO.
- RC can help with arrangements. In the composite track, where you see your chosen tracks in the same piano roll, the selected phrases can be moved to another track with just one click on the track name button. That is changing the instrument for any parts of your composition is very easy.
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
|^||Joined: 09 Jan 2010 Member: #223336|
Disclaimer: All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed in this forum are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of kvraudio.com (unless kvraudio.com is specifically identified as the author of the communication).
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group