Improvements!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Rimwolf wrote:
hakey wrote:No, I cheated... I used a midi file for my clip (link in my last post).
I bet a MIDI guitar controller figured heavily in creating those sequences.
Yeah, that makes sense.

(posted this in the wrong thread :oops: Now copied it into this one :oops:)

Way off topic bit it's still somewhat guitar related :hihi:
I just played Diva through Guitar Rig! A lot of fun!

Please excuse the bad playing and the weird timing :hihi:

Horrible Solo

I improvised this over a weird, glitchy beat.....I guess (hope) the timing made a bit more sense with it :hihi:
My keyboard skills are are horrible nontheless though :lol:

Cheers
Dennis
Last edited by Bronto Scorpio on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

^ Nice.

Has a bit of mediaeval sound to it - hurdy-gurdyish?

Go Dennis! 8)

Now try that with sync sweep under the pedal. A lot of folks will tell you to EQ out the fizziness in the upper register, but really the best thing is to use a distortion that gives you what you want straight up - I recommend ACME BarGig Metal C-15. It's a very under-appreciated freeware plug. Play around with that sucker and some serious flanging and you can be with Jimi for a day :hihi: I also recommend putting flanger last in the chain, even (especially) after echo and reverb.

My analog synth was a single-oscillator monophonic. So my programming was always basic (gradually getting less so) and I relied heavily on my MXR Distortion box, Morley wah-wah pedal, echoplex, etc. I didn't get to try a sync patch until I got my first VA synth (Novation X-Station) a few years ago. I was never satisfied with the sound quality of VAs though (including Omnisphere) until I heard ACE a couple years ago.
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

Arrested Developer wrote:@hakey & Trance Lucent:
both soundfiles are amazing (both sounds & playing/music)
Do you use a midi-guitar or is this played on a keyboard?
I cheated the same way as hakey :) My midi was Mediterranean_Sundance.mid.

I think it is not good idea to flood this topic with guitar-synthesis stuff. I propose to go here.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=347111

Bronto Scorpio wrote:
Way off topic bit it's still somewhat guitar related :hihi:
I just played Diva through Guitar Rig! A lot of fun!

Dennis
Damn that sound reminded me of "Ski or Die" back in the 90's some time:)

besides X-Y Controls(zebra) or Macrocontrols(massive) (which are ABSOLUTELY essential nowadays!!!)

dblclick reset for the trim section
presets for the trim section

Would like some kind of better patch management. Not one to usually criticize without putting forth an idea or 2, I'm not sure what would improve it. I'd be afraid some kind of database thing would slow it down. Maybe something like BigTicks patch manager but just within the individual synths. Keywords, Descriptions, Authors, Favorites.

GruvSyco wrote:Would like some kind of better patch management. Not one to usually criticize without putting forth an idea or 2, I'm not sure what would improve it. I'd be afraid some kind of database thing would slow it down. Maybe something like BigTicks patch manager but just within the individual synths. Keywords, Descriptions, Authors, Favorites.
No worries, Clemens is an expert on databases and meta data retrieval.

We've been speaking about some stuff lately...

really nice to hear, Urs! :) I really like your business and investigation on several topics of your great synths! I'd like to see many manufacturers more were so smart! ;) :)

OK, here's an opportunity to get this in the open - related with patch management.

I am really annoyed every time I click to open a folder within Zebra (same for all u-he plugins maybe?) because it opens every sub folder automatically.
All of these sub-sub-..folders are getting in the way and this is very distracting especially when I'm quickly searching for something.

Now, some of you may like this, but was thinking if maybe a cute little option for not opening all folders would be easily implemented perhaps? :D

Is this for DIVA too? I would like a kind of Stereo spread hypersaw. I know it seems a bit out of character but it would be more efficient than voice stacking wouldn't it?

Thats would I would like :)
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiyn wrote:Is this for DIVA too? I would like a kind of Stereo spread hypersaw. I know it seems a bit out of character but it would be more efficient than voice stacking wouldn't it?

The filters would have to be stereo then, which would probably almost double the CPU usage :hihi:
I don't know if the world is prepared for that yet :hihi:

Cheers
Dennis

3ee wrote:OK, here's an opportunity to get this in the open - related with patch management.

I am really annoyed every time I click to open a folder within Zebra (same for all u-he plugins maybe?) because it opens every sub folder automatically.
All of these sub-sub-..folders are getting in the way and this is very distracting especially when I'm quickly searching for something.

Now, some of you may like this, but was thinking if maybe a cute little option for not opening all folders would be easily implemented perhaps? :D
First time I hear that since we made them collapsible :)

It was a bit of a tough decision back then. If we collapse all folders by default, then - so I thought - it would be tedious to get anywhere. Thus we collapsed just the top level, less the path to the current preset.

Nevertheless, nothing speaks against an "all collapsed on all levels by default" option.

Bronto Scorpio wrote:
Aiyn wrote:Is this for DIVA too? I would like a kind of Stereo spread hypersaw. I know it seems a bit out of character but it would be more efficient than voice stacking wouldn't it?

The filters would have to be stereo then, which would probably almost double the CPU usage :hihi:
I don't know if the world is prepared for that yet :hihi:
Yes. If we added super saw, the voice would still be monophonic. You'd need to stack two voices (like you would in a Virus, or a JP) and spread them in panning with the "Alternate" modulation source.

Return to “u-he”