Official Evolution Update Progress Thread

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes, it's gonna be a free upgrade. :)

stpete111 wrote:I just bought Strawberry yesterday, and then saw this thread. So this just a new engine you're working on? Will it be a free upgrade for me?
Yup, it'll be a free upgrade! You'll receive an email when it's released, with the download information.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Great, thanks!

Hallo! How it's going on?

Getting the final things ready to release the update: send out the emails, update the webpage, etc. Basically a bunch of writing. I've also made good progress on the Steel Strings implementation in the new Evolution engine.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Gregjazz wrote:Getting the final things ready to release the update: send out the emails, update the webpage, etc. Basically a bunch of writing. I've also made good progress on the Steel Strings implementation in the new Evolution engine.

Can't wait! :-o :help:

Check your emails, the update has now been released! :)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

:wheee:
Thanks Greg!
Downloading now...

Thank you very much! That's really exciting, I can't wait to try it :)

How will the new patches/sample behave with previous sessions, will they load the same or do we have to keep both versions on HD?
Alexis

From what I see, the new EEG has only one NKI files, and presets are loaded via NKA files (new feature in Kontakt 4.2). So I suspect your options are:

1. Keep both versions on the hard drive
2. Delete the samples from the old version and batch-resave all NKIs from previous version by pointing them to the new NCW samples of the update (if they have the same filenames, I've yet to check that, but Greg will probably reply sooner than that)

Thanks for your response!
I cant' check right now, so I'll wait for Greg's input too :)
Alexis

Wouldn't changing the file extension from .wav to .ncw automatically mean they don't have the same filename?

Not necessarily. Batch save supports resaving while looking at different extensions, as long as the filename is the same (tick "Allow alternative file types" when batch resaving).

___
Last edited by Aloysius on Fri May 04, 2012 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius,
Regarding the pick position, IMO, moving the dial to the right is as if you're moving it to the right with a guitar in your arms, the graphic shows a mirror image which actually makes what you're seeing and doing correct.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”