Official Evolution Update Progress Thread

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@l3x!5 wrote: How will the new patches/sample behave with previous sessions, will they load the same or do we have to keep both versions on HD?
Because the scripting was completely redone for the update, it won't play back an older sequence the same way the old version does.

In regards to the samples, the samples in the new version have been re-tuned and converted to Kontakt's lossless NCW compressed format. Some of the filenames are also different, too.

If you want to keep the old version without it taking up too much space, you might convert its samples to NCW format so it takes up less space. However, can anybody confirm that your projects would still load it correctly in your DAW after doing this?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Gregjazz wrote:
@l3x!5 wrote: How will the new patches/sample behave with previous sessions, will they load the same or do we have to keep both versions on HD?
Because the scripting was completely redone for the update, it won't play back an older sequence the same way the old version does.

In regards to the samples, the samples in the new version have been re-tuned and converted to Kontakt's lossless NCW compressed format. Some of the filenames are also different, too.

If you want to keep the old version without it taking up too much space, you might convert its samples to NCW format so it takes up less space. However, can anybody confirm that your projects would still load it correctly in your DAW after doing this?
Thanks for your explanation!
I'll keep the previous version the way it is for now - it doesn't take that much place.
I'll try to save some time tomorrow to try it! :band:
Alexis

Gregjazz wrote:However, can anybody confirm that your projects would still load it correctly in your DAW after doing this?
Well, the project files save the original sample references (which are WAV in this case)... so you would have to do a batch resave in EACH project file, then resave the project file...

part 2 samples consistently fails on open here.
"The structure of the archive is damaged" Chrome browswer, thrice now.

Just to confirm, you only need to extract the "Strawberry-Engine.rar" and "Strawberry-Samples.part1.rar". When you extract the part 1 of the samples RARs, it will automatically extract the rest of the RAR parts.

If that's still not the case, do your byte counts match the following?

Strawberry-Samples.part1.rar -- 629,145,600 bytes
Strawberry-Samples.part2.rar -- 629,145,600 bytes
Strawberry-Samples.part3.rar -- 402,491,476 bytes
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

well the samples folder [as opened] reads 1.73 GB.

believe it or not the numbers do read in terms of Megabytes and not bytes here. Ie., I guess roughly that is right.

calculator says that is 600MB so yes. I'm going to guess that 1.73GB is right since it roughly looks right. My misteke.

Yup, looks correct to me. The real test is to open the patch in Kontakt and make sure there is no "missing samples" dialog.

The samples now use Kontakt's lossless NCW compressed format, which is why the updated library is smaller than the old version. No quality is lost, of course, it's just a more efficient format.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Thank you to the Orange Tree team for this very nice update.
All is working great here.

This is really a great job. Nice and clear interface.

___
Last edited by Aloysius on Fri May 04, 2012 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Regarding the pick position--I know, it might feel a little strange to turn the knob clockwise and have the pick move left. The reason for this was to have the zero value of the knob be at the default right-most position. And that way if you automate it, when the MIDI CC # is at its default of zero, the pick position will also be normal.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

___
Last edited by Aloysius on Fri May 04, 2012 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I'm having trouble with Kontakt finding my samples...

I've tried telling Kontakt to search through the "Evolution Electric Guitar - Strawberry Guitar" Folder and the "Samples" folder with no luck...

It takes it about 10-20 (Guesstimate) minutes to look, just to return to the "Samples Missing" window where I can try and search again...

I've encountered this problem before with other Sample Libraries, but when Kontakt finds those, re-saving the patch has always fixed it, but Kontakt won't even find them this time... :?

The wait is over, but not for me! D=

Godseyse wrote: I've tried telling Kontakt to search through the "Evolution Electric Guitar - Strawberry Guitar" Folder and the "Samples" folder with no luck...
Did you redownload the new samples for the update? Those are in a different format (and have been re-tuned), so it can't use the old samples. The update is completely standalone from the old version.

Or am I misunderstanding what's going on?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Hi Greg,

Is there an ETA on the acoustic update?

Thanks,
Ben

Hopefully just a few days, maybe a week. I've got the samples in and the interface done, but I still need to make new presets, strumming patterns, and the manual.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”