What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

No Music from my Fresh Install of Horizon

Official support for: xoxos.net

Moderators: xoxos, Moderators (Main)

Mister Natural
KVRian

1323 posts since 28 Oct, 2007, from michigan

Postby Mister Natural; Sun May 06, 2012 7:18 am No Music from my Fresh Install of Horizon

Rurick, hope you can guide me as I've tried a couple of fresh re-istalls of the beautiful Horizon. Just up-graded to WIN7 using LIVE8

any ideas ?
an expert on what it feels like to be me
& you are who you google

https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks
xoxos
Mr Entertainment

10629 posts since 29 Apr, 2002, from i might peeramid

Postby xoxos; Mon May 07, 2012 9:56 pm

is it giving you any error messages, plugin not loading, loading but no sound?

horizon is one of the vst that you have to copy the .dll of for multiple instances, eg. copy it several times and rename them horizon1.dll, horizon2.dll et c., in case you're trying to open an old song file that has several instances in it.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha xoxos.net free vst. neither a follower nor a leader be
tagore "where roads are made i lose my way"
Mister Natural
KVRian

1323 posts since 28 Oct, 2007, from michigan

Postby Mister Natural; Tue May 08, 2012 6:39 am

no error messages; looks like it starts to load, then either crashes LIVE or "locks-up" the whole computer with a loud buzzing sound out of the soundcard - and has to be manually re-booted

thanks for your help
an expert on what it feels like to be me
& you are who you google

https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks
xoxos
Mr Entertainment

10629 posts since 29 Apr, 2002, from i might peeramid

Postby xoxos; Tue May 08, 2012 10:06 am

if you're only loading one instance into a fresh songfile, there's probably not a lot i can do except to recommend using a plugin wrapper of some kind, which usually takes the 'handling' away from the host and overrides any compatabilities. if i get a report, it's almost always about ableton.

otherwise you could try using aurora, which is generally similar, and has lighter overhead without the arp stuff :)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha xoxos.net free vst. neither a follower nor a leader be
tagore "where roads are made i lose my way"

Moderators: xoxos, Moderators (Main)

Return to xoxos