The end of Albino

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Peter from LinPlug

New postPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:22 pm

Well, I'm a bit not lucky with talking about it so much in advance, as its not our style to talk about vaporware. But here is what we plan (!): By the end of the year we should have a new "Classic Subtractive Synth" (no name found for it yet, it will not be an "Albino"), and will not be in collaboration with Rob Papen, it will have many of the enhancements of both MorphoX (but no morphing, because thats MorphoX) and the new CronoX 4 (to be released soon, but no Sampling as thats CronoX) and it will accurately play back Albino 3 presets. I'm not going to say what features it exactly has, though we are pretty clear about that, however, if you are used to Albino 3 you will find your way (as you would in Alpha, CronoX, MorphoX). There will be a crossgrade option, and as always we will continue support for the discontinued product for a while, at least a year. One could also say that we at LinPlug take any effort to make your investments into Albino and additional soundsets to bear fruits in years to come. As I said at first, its not our style to talk about any new products so much in advance, so please understand I wont go into more details.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Looking forward to Linplugs new synth. I always loved their GUI's and sound.

braj wrote:Peter from LinPlug... and it will accurately play back Albino 3 presets.
:-o :shock: :o ...*other random OMG emoticons*
Eternitysound VST Banks

Hi guys,

Linplug will provide a new replacement synth and unlike linplug stated, I will not load Albino3 presets.
I will never allow my preset to be worked in this new product.

If they make a new synth, it should be new and fresh of course.
Plenty sound designers around to fill this new product.

Linplug stated to me that they maintain the product for 2 years, so that it keeps on working on newer OS and so on.

So there is still plenty time to switch to this new Linplug synth or to cross grade to Predator.

Best,
Rob
www.robpapen.com

"Inspiration SoundWare"

Hi Rob,

Well, not having your presets does not cause a problem for me-- unless of course I want to imitate the sound of some one beating a gaggle of geese to death with a condom filled with gravel.... :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Oh! Sorry! I've had one to many rum and cokes.

Really, I respect your work and hope that most sounds will translate well to the new synth.

Best,
joji

Rob Papen wrote:Hi guys,

Linplug will provide a new replacement synth and unlike linplug stated, I will not load Albino3 presets.

Linplug stated to me that they maintain the product for 2 years, so that it keeps on working on newer OS and so on.

So there is still plenty time to switch to this new Linplug synth or to cross grade to Predator.

Best,
Rob
Hi Rob,

I love your presets for it so i will use Albino 3 until it stops working which could be a while as it is already 64-bit.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Well that will change by the end of this year...
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Rob Papen wrote:Hi guys,

This is naturally a matter that has to be settled between you and Peter - and maybe I misunderstand your tone here, but why not? Would a compability mode with Albino really be such a hard blow to possible sales? Albino is a respected synth - even today and has many followers. Why kill it off? Why not make a grand gesture of goodwill and let the synth live on? I am sure many users would appreciate such a gesture enormously.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote:
This is naturally a matter that has to be settled between you and Peter - and maybe I misunderstand your tone here, but why not? Would a compability mode with Albino really be such a hard blow to possible sales? Albino is a respected synth - even today and has many followers. Why kill it off? Why not make a grand gesture of goodwill and let the synth live on? I am sure many users would appreciate such a gesture enormously.

/C
+1
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

With all respect to Linplug, I had suggested to Rob that the ConcreteFx guys work their magic on a new version of Albino, but he's very much looking forward to new things and I can't wait to hear them. To me, of any synth out there, Albino has the architecture that could most closely emulate a Virus. But, then again, we have to see what Predator has up it;s sleeve....

Teksonik wrote:
JPQ wrote:ps. 64bit enveorment is hard use 32bit plugins.
But Albino is already 64 bit so......... :shrug:
Oops my mistake. Now i dont be sure which my plugins are only 32bit i know one but any others i must look... and this plugin needs replacent....

Rob Papen wrote: Linplug will provide a new replacement synth and unlike linplug stated, I will not load Albino3 presets.
Well, in defence of Linplug, Peter did write additional soundsets and not factory soundset. He also said nothing's set in stone yet. So maybe you guys should have a contructive meeting about this asap and settle any issues.

That said, there's a lot of users, including myself, who would very much like to be able to import our own presets into a new Albino-replacement synth.

Cheers 8)
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

metal wrote:
Rob Papen wrote: Linplug will provide a new replacement synth and unlike linplug stated, I will not load Albino3 presets.
Well, in defence of Linplug, Peter did write additional soundsets and not factory soundset. He also said nothing's set in stone yet. So maybe you guys should have a contructive meeting about this asap and settle any issues.

That said, there's a lot of users, including myself, who would very much like to be able to import our own presets into a new Albino-replacement synth.

Cheers 8)
+1

Arcvidean :-o

Does Predator have the same architecture as Albino 3 and is it able to load A3 presets? If not I don't understand the tone of Rob Papens reply... I'm a bit confused by the situation as Albino 3 has both LinPlug and Rob Papens name on it and would assume that both companies would be trying to find a positive solution to the situation.

Return to “Instruments”