EWQLSO alternatives?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I only have the free "Monster Staccatos" section of the Cinematic Strings, and they really are what the name suggests: monstrous. Nice rough and determined sound. I use them in nearly all of my projects, they only have some trouble with really (!) fast triplets, sound a little washy and untight. But knowing that, I can work around it.

Only wish the complete Library weren't that expensive. :/
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

Can anyone tell me if HS is just an updated version of the strings from EWQLSO, or does it have a different sound? The demos are all of the "soaring" type like you hear in ET. EWQLSO however sounds more video game like. I'm not sure how they sound in your hands.

Thanks.

+1 for Albion and LASS. CineBrass blends well with Albion as well.

LASS, by far... What they are doing is truely amazing... I have both ew platinum and all KHunter and regret not going LASS. Am saving $$$ now. Check out their vids, which are great... ART and all their other innovative tools make creating a joy! :love:
CLIMATE MUSIC: http://www.tinyurl.com/vastman
SPlt/W10-64/4930K/32G; ARK1/Falcon/Banshee/Gravity/ Capricco&Min/OE1&2/REV/Sig Omni2/Tril/RMX/Alpha/Bravo/Juggs/BFD/ ALL Heavocity&OT/Lota synths&8DIO/Spitf/SL/KH/EW/IK/NI; NOVAX guitars

I'm also curious how dry the close-miced sounds of EWQL are. I'm considering adding a license but dont have anything to go on demo-wise.
Thanks-

canadianlight wrote:Can anyone tell me if HS is just an updated version of the strings from EWQLSO, or does it have a different sound? The demos are all of the "soaring" type like you hear in ET. EWQLSO however sounds more video game like. I'm not sure how they sound in your hands.

Thanks.
The Hollywood series is completely new recordings.

I don't have HS or HB, so I can't comment on their sound or quality, but they are new recordings for sure.

Brent
My host is better than your host

The close mics of EWQL: totally dry, very near and, hurray, stereo. For those who look for a harsher, more intimate sound: okay, as long as you can bear the general sound of EWQLSO. I can't anymore. Changed to Cinematic Strings 2 in combination with Lass Sordinos and its the beginning of a new day, what do I say, a new world. EWQLSO is still good for some additional brass and wood though.

Just my two cents

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”