Wave Designer 0.3.10 / Customer Discounts / Tone2 Crossgrades Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

As a producer, sound designer and/or musician, would this application be useful in your current workflow or creative process?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 182

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, we've made it to nearly a page without any compaints on the UI, so I think we're in the clear with that discussion :D

Steven

DNR Collaborative wrote:Just to also clarify, currently the export format will be a 2048 sample cycle, but we are also interested in other formats that designers/users would like to export to. We crrently only have Camel Audio's Alchemy on the list, but are also looking into other formats. If anyone has a specific format that is required, please do let us know.

Steven
Alchemy needs the RAW-Format or Wav files with at least 20 periodic passages.
Alchemy can not import a single cycle waves.

DNR Collaborative wrote:
LeVzi wrote:+1 for randomize waveform, and the addition of a create insane waveform ;) lol
I'm not 100% sure about the 'create insane waveform' button, but I imagine it would be something that could be looked into :)

Steven
haha, yeah maybe insane is something a bit OTT , but definately something a lot more random than the norm. Definitely something to look out for :)

PietW. wrote:
DNR Collaborative wrote:Just to also clarify, currently the export format will be a 2048 sample cycle, but we are also interested in other formats that designers/users would like to export to. We crrently only have Camel Audio's Alchemy on the list, but are also looking into other formats. If anyone has a specific format that is required, please do let us know.

Steven
Alchemy needs the RAW-Format or Wav files with at least 20 periodic passages.
Alchemy can not import a single cycle waves.
That's true. However, Camel Audio does have a utility on their user section at the CA website that let's you import one cycle, and the utility does the rest of the work for you (I believe it was someone here at KVR who made it up).

Just looked it up, it's called Wave 2 Alchemy.

edit: Oh yeah, the project seems great by the way, :lol: . Looking forward to it; I'll have to think a bit about suggestions and get back to you.
Last edited by KBSoundSmith on Tue May 15, 2012 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Is it a plugin or a standalone tool?

If standalone: Generate random waveforms and save them via batch to file.

It would be great to have a spectrum-meter strip on top or underneath which displays the harmonic range the waveform.
It only updates when changes to the waveform are made, realtime would be nice to have but not necessary. For example a perfect sine curve should have a mark in the front of the spectrum-meter, a noisy waveform should have marks all over the place.
Cowbells!

confirming that Alchemy uses .raw for importing cycles as OSCs and LFOs

likewise Absynth for LFO and OSC uses the .gly format

You can use WAV as OSC waveform with Discovery Pro. Only requirement is loop points with minimum size of 128 samples. Take that as a feature request :)

ChiTown24 wrote:formats to work with;;

Alchemy already mentioned

Cakewalk Rapture (i think it uses plain .wavs?)

Vember Audio Surge
up to 1024
file extension .WT (or .wav for windows users)

FAW Circle
2048 (not sure if its fixed length)
file extension .WDF

would be great to be able to import/export from the various wavecycle/table formats.

decent batch operation of any import/export functions would be great

customizable naming conventions for output files
(so i could export for example 3 octaves of individual wavecycles named by note, or number, with perhaps a custom prefix or two)

ability to output (collections of) wavecycles as soundfonts too

ability to import an audio file of any length, and have the application automatically/randomly select a designated number of wavecycles

ability to import an audio file of any length and scrub through it with a fixed window size of 2048 or 1024 etc to find desirable wavecycles

will post more ideas later :)

and osx compatibility of course! :)
Wow, thanks for the suggestions :)
ChiTown24 wrote:U-He Zebra
2048 (if im not mistaken it creates a wavetable a size of 16 cycles with a length of 128 samples each adding up to a total of 2048, or is it a wavtable of 8 cycles of 128 adding up to 1024 ?)
file extension .h2p
I don't know if this will be added though, as we have sent e-mails to Urs with no response, so for now it will have to wait until a later version.

Steven

Wow! This is excellent! Been wanting something like this for use with FAW Circle. They provide an importer tool, so being able to export it in their native format is nice, but not nessescaraly. Tried loading some Galbanum demo wavecycles though and some didn't translate well to the synth (as in: it appeared as a square, but the original definitely wasn't).
I presume this will be available for OS X as well?

Since you're open to suggestions:
Being able to import and modify exsisting waves
A manual in which different "classes" of waveforms are explained with their formulas, and how elements of this formula affect the waveform. Would be extremely useful for a dummy like myself (then again, maybe you don't make this tool for dummy's ;-)

Anyway, looking forward to it!

PietW. wrote:Alchemy needs the RAW-Format or Wav files with at least 20 periodic passages. Alchemy can not import a single cycle waves.
We found the info for proper converting to Alchemy's WaveOsc and WaveLFO formats on the Camel Audio page :) Thank you for the info!
Wildfunk wrote:Is it a plugin or a standalone tool? If standalone: Generate random waveforms and save them via batch to file.
It's a VSTi instrument, but I believe it is possible to do this anyways :)
dalor wrote:It would be great to have a spectrum-meter strip on top or underneath which displays the harmonic range the waveform.
It only updates when changes to the waveform are made, realtime would be nice to have but not necessary. For example a perfect sine curve should have a mark in the front of the spectrum-meter, a noisy waveform should have marks all over the place.
Noted :)
ChiTown24 wrote:confirming that Alchemy uses .raw for importing cycles as OSCs and LFOs

likewise Absynth for LFO and OSC uses the .gly format
Thanks for the info, I did not know anything about Absynth at all :)
george wrote:You can use WAV as OSC waveform with Discovery Pro. Only requirement is loop points with minimum size of 128 samples. Take that as a feature request :)
Great, thanks for the information George :)

Steven

Single OCS formats:
Big Tick Rhino
Imageline's Harmor
ImageLine Toxic
Kv331audio SynthMaster

old but usefull, did you know this:

Rndwave! 1.2 - 16/24-bit Wave Shape Generator

You can get it here, a little down the page:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jez.price/effects.htm

found it on the numerology five12 page

with some free waveforms also.

jowen

jowen wrote:old but usefull, did you know this:

Rndwave! 1.2 - 16/24-bit Wave Shape Generator
I personally did not know about this particular application, but I'm sure it has already been taken into consideration by those creating the software during the research process prior to development. I personally am not familiar enough with the technical details to make much of a distinction myself :?

Steven

toitoi wrote:Single OCS formats:
Big Tick Rhino
Imageline's Harmor
ImageLine Toxic
Kv331audio SynthMaster
Ah, thank you for the information. I'll pass it along and see if we can find out what the differences are :)

Steven

Return to “Instruments”