Moderator: Moderators (Main)
by Lee CM; Thu May 24, 2012 11:25 am
It contains two EQ plug-ins for PC/Mac in VST/AU formats. The plug-ins are IIEQ Pro CM and LP10 CM (based on DDMF's IIEQ Pro and LP10 plug-ins).
Here's a video overview of the plug-ins:
Full magazine info: http://bit.ly/cmmag179
Order at: http://bit.ly/buycm179
Computer Music magazine
(And before anyone asks, I'll post a full feature list when I've written one up
by Lee CM; Thu May 24, 2012 12:26 pm
The DDMF CM EQ Pack contains two equaliser plug-ins for PC and Mac, in VST and AU formats. IIEQ Pro CM is an all-purpose EQ, whereas LP10 is focused more on mastering, offering linear phase and variable phase operation.
Both plug-ins have the following features:
• Six bands of EQ
• Click and drag on graph to create and edit EQ bands
• Create/edit EQ bands directly via lower parameter strip
• A/B comparison
• Adjustable graph scale (-5:5dB, -10:10dB, -20:20dB)
• Use mouse-wheel to adjust band Q
• Hold Ctrl to "auto-listen" to the band
• Output gain dial
IIEQ Pro CM features:
• 19 filter types in total: 12 standard, 7 Butterworth
• Analogue- and digital-style peak/bell filters
• Low and high shelving filters
• 12dB/24dB low- and high-pass filters
• Band-pass filtering with compensated/normalised mode
• All-pass filter
• 7 Butterworth filters, with up to 10th order operation, for super-steep filtering
• Unusual Butterworth band-shelf filter - like a flat-topped bell/peak!
• Series or parallel operation (useful in conjunction with all-pass mode, for phasing effects)
LP10 CM features:
• Fully adjustable phase for each EQ band
• Sweep smoothly ase from minimum phase (ie, normal digital EQ) to linear to inverse minimum phase
• Global linear phase and minimum phase buttons, for convenience
• Built-in stereo width adjustment (useful for mastering)
• Standard peak/bell, 12dB low-pass and 12dB high-pass filters
• "Flex" filters: peak, notch, low-pass, high-pass, band-pass, low-shelf and high-shelf
• Smoothly adjust the slope of the Flex filters, from 6dB/octave up to 60dB/octave
The full, paid-for versions of IIEQ Pro and LP10 offer the following additional features:
• 10 bands instead of 6
• Built-in spectrum analyser
• Stereo and mid/side operation[/u]
by Krakatau; Thu May 24, 2012 12:48 pm
by Lee CM; Thu May 24, 2012 4:36 pm
antithesist wrote:There isn't a way to download this yet though, right?
Not yet, but we're working on a system that will allow downloads of the digital content, which currently is only available with the DVD that comes with the print edition.
Do the developers continue to update the CM versions?
Beyond bug fixes, no, not in a major way, though occasionally a developer will add something to a CM version.
by Lee CM; Thu May 24, 2012 4:39 pm
by darsho; Thu May 24, 2012 11:00 pm
https://soundcloud.com/dusktodawn/dusk- ... -synth-pop
by Lee CM; Fri May 25, 2012 1:24 am
grymmjack wrote:Hi Lee. Are there any plans to allow the iOS news stand subscribers of the mag to get the files from cd/dvd yet?
Hi Yes, a system for this is being developed, and we can't wait to be able to offer all the DVD content digitally. Sorry it's taking longer than expected.
by antithesist; Fri May 25, 2012 8:16 am
Lee CM wrote:You can find shipping info at MyFavouriteMagazines http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/m ... ic-jul-12/
Okay, I did eventually find that the answer is yes, shipping is included. Thanks, though.
Do developers offer discounted upgrades to the full product and/or will DDMF?
by Lee CM; Fri May 25, 2012 8:19 am
antithesist wrote:Lee CM wrote:Do developers offer discounted upgrades to the full product
Some do a special offer with a discounted upgrade, but that's really up to the developer.and/or will DDMF?
It's not been talked about, but DDMF plug-ins are very affordable anyway
by antithesist; Fri May 25, 2012 9:39 am