Vortex VSTi - Multi Timbral Groove Machine Beta

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

/////////// RC5

* Sequence Display Template now changeable. You can create your own template by copy/pasting the 'default' folder from the templates directory, giving it a unique name and then edit the .png files. The current template name is stored in the registry so that it will be remembered between sessions.
* Inline Help for the Sequencer and Mixer, click and hold the '?' Buttons.
* Fixed a bug where exiting Studio One in Windows 7 64-bit could cause a crash.
* Fixed a bug with the keyboard display where it would not display notes sometimes on windows 7
* Increased Knob Speed, CTRL is now Medium Speed, and SHIFT is even slower for finer adjustments.
* Reworked the Sequencer display to be much more efficient.
* Re-Compiled most modules on win 7 which seems to have cleared up some issues with win 7.
* Keyboard now works correctly on multiple instances.
* Preview now takes global transpose into account.

Astralp wrote://///////// RC5

* Sequence Display Template now changeable. You can create your own template by copy/pasting the 'default' folder from the templates directory, giving it a unique name and then edit the .png files. The current template name is stored in the registry so that it will be remembered between sessions.
* Inline Help for the Sequencer and Mixer, click and hold the '?' Buttons.
* Fixed a bug where exiting Studio One in Windows 7 64-bit could cause a crash.
* Fixed a bug with the keyboard display where it would not display notes sometimes on windows 7
* Increased Knob Speed, CTRL is now Medium Speed, and SHIFT is even slower for finer adjustments.
* Reworked the Sequencer display to be much more efficient.
* Re-Compiled most modules on win 7 which seems to have cleared up some issues with win 7.
* Keyboard now works correctly on multiple instances.
* Preview now takes global transpose into account.
Thank you for improvements, and especially for context help feature. I'm also curious how works customization of display templates. I need check it :) .
Astralp wrote:I just can't rely on HGS for my income, development of Vortex took much longer than expected because I added the internal sound engine and lots of other stuff. As a result I've had to clear some debt over the last few weeks to catch up.
Sure... we have hard times. I know many Micro-ISVs (Independent Software Vendor) developers and they usually have additional jobs and work also in other companies. Unfortunately, it always limit free time for coding, but if they would like make a good living they need also work for third party.

Janusz
Computer: rack PC, Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 2700K, 16 GB RAM, 250 GB & 500 GB SSD disks, HDD 1 TB 7200 RPM
DAW: Studio One 3 Pro, FL Studio Producer 20, Bitwig 2
Hardware: Yamaha 01X + 2 x Yamaha i88X, Nektar Panorama P4, Behringer BCR2000,

:) I haven't updated the manual for the templates yet, but if you find the templates folder in the install folder, copy the default and give it a new name, you can then edit the pngs. It's only for the sequencer display though.

Yep HGS is driven by passion more than anything, I'm close to launching now and that should fund some more development time so I can get on with 1.1.

Hopefully it is bug free now, the only area where there could be problems is the sequencer display not updating correctly as I've just done some major work on the display code so that it doesn't bottleneck.

Astralp wrote::) I haven't updated the manual for the templates yet, but if you find the templates folder in the install folder, copy the default and give it a new name, you can then edit the pngs. It's only for the sequencer display though.
This is easy to managing, but by the other hand I found your images are really optimized for work in Vortex.
Astralp wrote:Hopefully it is bug free now, the only area where there could be problems is the sequencer display not updating correctly as I've just done some major work on the display code so that it doesn't bottleneck.
Yeap... I think you already can move your focus from beta thread to Vortex Feature Requests thread :wink: .

Best,
Janusz
Computer: rack PC, Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 2700K, 16 GB RAM, 250 GB & 500 GB SSD disks, HDD 1 TB 7200 RPM
DAW: Studio One 3 Pro, FL Studio Producer 20, Bitwig 2
Hardware: Yamaha 01X + 2 x Yamaha i88X, Nektar Panorama P4, Behringer BCR2000,

Has he gone back to Scotland? :hihi:

Good to see you back Andy, fwiw Vortex is great i think it's evolved into a pretty versatile midi sequencer. I hope it does well, it deserves to anyway imho. :)

Overall it seems stable. There are some typos on the contextual help. ;) Will you be adding context help for the other pages?
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

musikmachine wrote:Has he gone back to Scotland? :hihi:

Good to see you back Andy, fwiw Vortex is great i think it's evolved into a pretty versatile midi sequencer. I hope it does well, it deserves to anyway imho. :)

Overall it seems stable. There are some typos on the contextual help. ;) Will you be adding context help for the other pages?
Not quite :) I'm in Nottingham for a couple of days though from tomorrow.

Thanks, glad you are still enjoying it :) I've done a couple of tutorials on youtube/the site using microsoft sam (unfortunately), but it's better than the alternative!

I'll check out the typos thanks for the tip, I should really do the other pages I suppose, may get some done tonight.

I've set the launch for a week tomorrow and I'm sticking to it this time, it will be a relief to finally get it released :)

Astralp wrote:I've set the launch for a week tomorrow and I'm sticking to it this time, it will be a relief to finally get it released :)
Congrats in advance! I hope you are well rewarded with sales and satisfaction for your stellar accomplishment.

I can't imagine that anyone into midi live performance or dance or electronica production/ remixing won't want Vortex once they understand it.

You may even have to learn to code for OSX.

Como
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

v1.0 is finally released! Not much in the way of changes apart from more quick help links.

It is now in the KVR Database so can be reviewed and commented on etc... :)

I've also added an introduction video to the vortex page on HGS.

Thanks everyone for your patience, support, ideas and testing!

Andy

Congratulations, Andy!

I wish you great success with this outstanding instrument!

Como
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Thanks Como :)

como baila wrote:Congratulations, Andy!

I wish you great success with this outstanding instrument!

Como
I'll chime in here with a +1TB!!!

haha thanks Jens. I'll hopefully get to developing v1.1 shortly!

The best of luck from me also.

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”