Reason 6.5 - Any new workflow features, or just RE?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

memyselfandus wrote:anyone know if the rack extensions will include instruments? I have only seen effects being announced.
Rob Papen said on a video that he will port Predator when things will be possible. So we can assume maybe not at the first RE release but in the future updates.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Thank you. Hoping to see stuff like addictive drums

memyselfandus wrote:Thank you. Hoping to see stuff like addictive drums
And some serious FM!...I wouldn't mind BLUE AT ALL!!! :love:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

memyselfandus wrote:anyone know if the rack extensions will include instruments? I have only seen effects being announced.
See for yourself here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziDR9pJO ... e=g-user-u
-="I beat the Internet...the end guy is hard"=-

In that video from props you can see the Korg PolySix and also GeForce Re-Tron. No seen in that video is Rob Papen's Predator and then finally propellerheads will be releasing something called Radical Piano (it's on their site). Those are the "known" instruments at this point. :)

aMUSEd wrote:Someone could just code a minihost Re plugin and open it up completely - I doubt they would allow that though
I don't have access to the SDK (yet) so I don't know much about it, but I don't think that will be possible. The RE's are sandboxed. That would also break the "make once, work everywhere/always".

Pulsar is an RE made by the Props that can be used as a synth:

Scroll down a bit and there are some audio demos:
http://www.propellerheads.se/products/r ... =whats-new

One other feature in 6.5

You will have to have internet on the computer you want Reason to be installed on. No challenge response or serial options. and as far as I know you cannot back up the rack extensions you buy. but they will store them online for you.

this bugs the shit out of me because I "like" to have a offline computer. But it will be cool for most people.. especially for those who use laptops for everything.

I really hope they eventually make a full version of reason for the ipad. I have not got one yet.. but plan on it in the future. especially with the docking options from alesis and so on. would be real nice to get rid of my loud and bulky PC....

memyselfandus wrote:One other feature in 6.5

You will have to have internet on the computer you want Reason to be installed on. No challenge response or serial options. and as far as I know you cannot back up the rack extensions you buy. but they will store them online for you.

this bugs the shit out of me because I "like" to have a offline computer. But it will be cool for most people.. especially for those who use laptops for everything.

I really hope they eventually make a full version of reason for the ipad. I have not got one yet.. but plan on it in the future. especially with the docking options from alesis and so on. would be real nice to get rid of my loud and bulky PC....
If this is true then that's a deal breaker for me. I want to store my stuff on my hard drive, not in the cloud. I'm not quite ready for that yet. I think I'll just upgrade my copy of Orion instead. 8)

Everything is going cloud based though. And it was predicted over a decade ago that things could possibly go this way once the technology was in place.

But I digress. . .

Am i the only one who is turned off by the three-tier interface in Reason 6? I'm sure it works better with a large display, but on a laptop i find it to be way less productive and streamlined than Logic/Live, etc.

Workflow (as a DAW) is still pretty sub par in Reason IMO. For example, i think that the tools menu that is a floating pop-up window right now should be integrated into the one window interface, just like ReGroove...a little button fold-out. As a modular synth-station, reason is, of course, fantastic.

I think you may be confused?

Currently you can choose between the internet authorization or a dongle. Internet auth requires a connection while you use reason, but the dongle does not. All new reason purchases come with a dongle, and upgraders can buy one.

This is not new in reason 6.5

herein wrote:Am i the only one who is turned off by the three-tier interface in Reason 6? I'm sure it works better with a large display, but on a laptop i find it to be way less productive and streamlined than Logic/Live, etc.

Workflow (as a DAW) is still pretty sub par in Reason IMO. For example, i think that the tools menu that is a floating pop-up window right now should be integrated into the one window interface, just like ReGroove...a little button fold-out. As a modular synth-station, reason is, of course, fantastic.
Yeah, that tool window is always in the way or closed and thus missing :x

I support your proposal!

The interface works fine here on my desktop using dual monitor setup. But if i only had one monitor, especially on a smaller screen like a laptop .. ick, claustrophobic!
Now i have the rack on the left monitor and switch between mixer and arrangement with one of my mouse's buttons.
:hug:

Guys...Props posted some info on new and announced "Polar" effect. There is sound demo as well..check their pages again..cool..

Robert Randolph wrote:

I think you may be confused?

Currently you can choose between the internet authorization or a dongle. Internet auth requires a connection while you use reason, but the dongle does not. All new reason purchases come with a dongle, and upgraders can buy one.

This is not new in reason 6.5
we will not be able to buy any rack extensions without a computer connected to the internet. the computer you instal it on must be Online. the products will instal into reason but be "stored" online.

herein wrote:Am i the only one who is turned off by the three-tier interface in Reason 6? I'm sure it works better with a large display, but on a laptop i find it to be way less productive and streamlined than Logic/Live, etc.

I am on a laptop as well it doesn't bother me. Maybe because of how I make music I do not jump from one side to the next and back again like that. I usually just build my rack get it right input the notes into the sequencer and go to build my next one. Also right click and there is a menu where you can select the device you want. Its been there for a long time.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”