Wave Designer 0.3.10 / Customer Discounts / Tone2 Crossgrades Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

As a producer, sound designer and/or musician, would this application be useful in your current workflow or creative process?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 182

RELATED
PRODUCTS

highkoo wrote:Itll have to come through with em
The first release will definitely not have every one of those features in it unless we get a massive amount of pre-orders. All of those features will cost approximately the price of a nice vehicle and it's going to take me some time to get everything in. Initially I was just going to release the simple, function-editor only version with customizable sample length exporting, but since there was so much positive interest, I set this up instead. All the pre-order funds will be going directly to new features from the list, along with additional money from myself. That's the purpose behind presenting it in this fashion. We aren't some huge company with a big bankroll. It's more like an avenue to allow me to release new stuff for the people who have supported me for the past 3 or 4 years or whatever it's been now.

Nielzie wrote:I agree, seems like a very Reasonable (see what I did there, lol) price for what we'll get. Looking forward to this!
lol, good one Nielzie but you don't capitalize my first name :)

rlahalla wrote:
Kriminal wrote:Interested but too pricey IMO
If that's too pricey, I don't know what to tell you Dave. At that price, I'll be lucky to make back what I've spent even thus far. I'm not doing this for a profit, but I sure don't want to lose money either.
Well, its somthing i would use, but not often . I dont think i would use it enough to make it worth the price.

Currently i have other ways of making single cycles that 'free' ie not including my time.

This would have been a diff tool with diff options but its out of my range right now. Maybe in the future when it might be used more

Cheers.

And yes, i was looking at the final price. I never pre order, bit risky.

Kriminal wrote:Well, its somthing i would use, but not often. I dont think i would use it enough to make it worth the price.
Yeah, I understand where you're at. I think because of the nature of the tool, it will only really be useful to people who are making either A) commercial samples/soundsets or B) people who really like to have custom waveforms easily available. Once it has the rest of the features included, it will more than likely be useful to a broader range of people and applications, but as it is right now, I can definitely see why you'd be hesitant. It's all good though :)

It will be a nice tool, as I can see. Just go on, wish you luck with it!

Now, maybe the following will not be pleasant to hear, but its all about how to make things better.

Thiking of your tool, I remembered something that IMO you must consider:
for $199 (or $99! at a discount, or even less with Komplete) Absynth 5 has "everything and more" that you're still planning to / must implement. I didn't saw that powerfull syngle-cycle tool anywhere. If you catch with Absynth, or if you go beyond it(!), you'll have a winner. Until then, I think it is early to publish the tool.

Another poss. limit: There are MANY already finished scwfs. I have ~60000 of them... In the past, I made at least 10000. So, I really don't want more, unless the tool will inspire me by providing some very unique new features.

Anyway, you're a great and calm talker, and I definitely like the way you're promoting your tool here. Really, wish you all the best!

P.S. You might also want to check the old but nice and free "WaveCalc 1.0" (I think it can be downloaded from the SynthEdit Yahoo group). In the past, I used it a lot to create s-c waves with various math formulas.

zorniko wrote:It will be a nice tool, as I can see. Just go on, wish you luck with it!
Thanks for the good words :)
zorniko wrote:Thiking of your tool, I remembered something that IMO you must consider:
for $199 (or $99! at a discount, or even less with Komplete) Absynth 5 has "everything and more" that you're still planning to / must implement. I didn't saw that powerfull syngle-cycle tool anywhere. If you catch with Absynth, or if you go beyond it(!), you'll have a winner. Until then, I think it is early to publish the tool.
Well, here's the thing: there actually is not any tool out there currently that does what this one does, even in it's current raw state. Here's why - with all of the tools that are actually available currently, none of them have the combined ability to A) export a custom sized waveform, B) export to various formats and C) run as a VSTi instrument. This combination now reduces the need to use multiple programs to create *proper* single-cycle waveforms. There are actually like 20 or 30 tools out there that can indeed create single-cycle waveforms in WAV format, but none that do everything in one fell swoop.
zorniko wrote:Another poss. limit: There are MANY already finished scwfs. I have ~60000 of them... In the past, I made at least 10000. So, I really don't want more, unless the tool will inspire me by providing some very unique new features.
You sure are correct, but you can't redistribute those without paying license fees. My aim with this is to allow sound designers and library developers to create their own custom waveforms, converted to various formats, in a very short amount of time. For those who are just looking for libraries of waveforms, there are surely many other pre-made libraries already available. Although, I'm surprised that nobody has yet complained about the abundance of duplicates in some of those massive packages. I'd rather have 100 very unique waveforms than 50,000 with most being suspiciously similar.
zorniko wrote:Anyway, you're a great and calm talker, and I definitely like the way you're promoting your tool here. Really, wish you all the best!
Thanks a lot for taking the time to write out your thoughts. And BTW, not so long ago I wasn't able to talk to people without ripping them apart for minuscule differences :) Heavy medication works wonders, even though I'm a bit of a zombie half of the time now, haha.

rlahalla wrote:...ability to A) export a custom sized waveform, B) export to various formats and C) run as a VSTi instrument...
I think that these advantages are not so important. The really BIG ones can come only from implementing a respectable number of unique wfs processing methods. THAT is the difference you must focus on, IMHO. All these various formats, custom sizes and other stuff are just cosmetics.
rlahalla wrote: I'd rather have 100 very unique waveforms than 50,000 with most being suspiciously similar.
Agreed. But, as you know, even the slightest diff can be huge (sound-wise) in the world of scwfs. Anyway, there is indeed a lot of ~similar (but not duplicated) wfs.
rlahalla wrote: ...not so long ago I wasn't able to talk to people without ripping them apart for minuscule differences :) Heavy medication works wonders, even though I'm a bit of a zombie half of the time now, haha.
A good zombi ;)

zorniko wrote:I think that these advantages are not so important. The really BIG ones can come only from implementing a respectable number of unique wfs processing methods. THAT is the difference you must focus on, IMHO. All these various formats, custom sizes and other stuff are just cosmetics.
Well, indeed they are cosmetics to a lot of people, but for me (which is why I started this) they are massive time saving features. I agree though that the other shaping features are actually going to be the selling point for those who don't do this for a living.
zorniko wrote:Agreed. But, as you know, even the slightest diff can be huge (sound-wise) in the world of scwfs. Anyway, there is indeed a lot of ~similar (but not duplicated) wfs.
Correct - those differences can indeed be massive in the overall design of the sound. I would still rather have waveforms that are blindingly different though :)
zorniko wrote:A good zombi ;)
Most of the time ;)

rlahalla wrote:I would still rather have waveforms that are blindingly different though :
+1

Ok, then, those were my 3-4 cents :), wish you a good progress and looking forward to see how this will develop.

Have a nice day

zorniko wrote:Ok, then, those were my 3-4 cents :), wish you a good progress and looking forward to see how this will develop.
Every penny helps haha :D

Well, we've received almost enough pre-orders to pay for one major feature :)

:tu:
Eternitysound VST Banks

GeorgeZ wrote::tu:
Well, I'm going to match whatever comes in for pre-orders, so hopefully we can get a lot of the most wanted requests included, but we'll see..

BTW.. you library subscribers have new content, so go check it out :)

not keen on the way its panning out as a kind of public-risk/private-reward enterprise so i definitely wont be pre-ordering :(

and at the estimated full price i dont think ill be jumping aboard either unless its absolutely fully featured & reliable, and of course the chance to try a demo version first

but ill be keeping a keen eye on developments and if youve got a product to sell me at the right price ill be glad to do business with you in the hopefully not so far future

good luck to all involved :)

rlahalla wrote:Well, we've received almost enough pre-orders to pay for one major feature :)
Nice!

Btw, I know this is somewhat off-topic, but have you checked those .raw files available for download from your site? I was on a little surf :) so I visited the site; saw some scwfs, could't resist haha, and dl the "Alchemy" sets.
But something is not right, every wav has some sort of junk around ~1800-2048 sample :shrug:

Cheers

Return to “Instruments”