[Primitif-Workshop] summer camp for electronic musicians

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all !

The 7th edition of the Primitif-Workshop will be help from 3rd to 14th of September.
...and there are still few places available ;)

So here's a few words about the Primitif :

The Primitif Workshop is a gathering organized in Switzerland for people from all over the world who produce all kinds of electronic music.
Since 2005, once a year, we bring together producers and friends from different countries to share our passion, knowledge and skills in a dedicated place.
We come from a Goa/Psytrance background; however, we also enjoy and welcome different subgenres of electronic music. Different styles are also focused such as chill out, lounge, break beat, progressive and electro as well as sound design, mastering work and plug-in development.
People who participated in past gatherings have shown great enthusiasm and interest. As a result, in 2007, we decided to create an official association to increase the potential and activity of this project.
To know more about the Primitif Workshop sessions, take a tour on our website.

This edition will be our 7th editions. Our goal with this event is to share our knowledge in electronic music in general. and meet people from all around the world who want to improve their skills.
We are not like strict school.
Anyway we try to touch at all the differents aspects of electronic music. For instance how to use programs such as Cubase, Fruity Loop, Ableton Live. Also how to use equalizer, compressor, filter, some basic basis on mastering , how to build a track, how to use a specific VST, or a synthetizer. This will permit you to improve the quality of your production.

Even if you are a beginner or already an advanced artist who already released some tracks for sure you will LEARN without any doubt.

And I kept the best for the end, you will be in a wonderful place in the mountain with an amazing view, and delicious cooking :)

Our next edition will be from September 3rd to September 14th.
This edition will take place in "Chalet la Forêt" (Suen/Wallis/Switzerland)
There are still free available places to Primif Workshop 2012.

Regards,
Julien aka Aslak
Co-Founder @ Primitif-Workshop
Last edited by aslakutopy on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Videos from past editions :

Primitif Workshop 2008 Edition
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2pfhIenEdc

Primitif Workshop 2009 Edition
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKm3oLE8 ... re=related

is there a vegan meal plan?

Hi wrench45us,

Yes, we already had vegans participants the last years and they always were happy with the food.

But let me double-check with the cooks and I will confirm you soon ;)

Cheers,
Julien

Serious question: Will Ajja be there?
(he is from switzerland iirc)

Other questions:
- Whats the total cost?
- Is accomodation included?

I'm seriously considering it 8)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Hi Mushy Mushy,

The total cost is 700 CHF. (Check www.xe.com for change rates)

This includes for the whole duration of the workshop (10 days):
- Accomodation
- Food & drinks (alcohol not included)
- Access to 5-6 studios
- 1 hour presentation / course on a specific subject every evening
- ... and few surprises more ...

(you can find more detailled informations on our website or in the application form : http://primitif-workshop.com/downloads/ ... s_2012.pdf )

About Ajja : well, I dont know... He's not currently in the list of participants... But he's a friend of the organizing team, so maybe he'll come few days as a guest ;) ..but I'm not aware of his "agenda" for these dates....

Cheers,
Julien

~£470

* runs to check diary *

8)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:~£470

* runs to check diary *

8)
;)

wrench45us wrote:is there a vegan meal plan?
so : we always have vegetarian dishes at every meal.
And the cooks told me it would not be a problem to prepare a vegan dish if needed.

so, vegans wellcome ;)

Are kids allowed? :3 I produce electronic music that alot of people and I feel amazing, I am only 14 but produce like I am 21. And my school starts late September. Please let me know soon. :)
:3 Electronic Moosics

Hi DJRevocation !
Thanks for your message.

Unfortunately, for legal reasons, we decided to not accept any particpants under 18 years old.

Sorry for that :(

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”