First post and already have some trouble ready......

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey guys, I've been working with electronic music for about four years or so now; I've always been a one sample at a time kind of guy, but lately this has gotten out of control....

I've been reading a lot of computer music magazine, and of course you get the royalty free samples with every disk, so on, etc. They're all multisampled however. Every single cool synth patch that happens to be bounced down to multi-sampled waves by say...Cyclick.....it's nice, but I don't have any software to bounce it down to one file I can work with. I'm a huge fan of soundfonts, and even tried dabbling in some of the software, but its a bit complex for me.

I like the direction discodsp's highlife went in; only problem there is once I end up trying to actually work with samples I have, I can't route them where they need to go.

Are there any vsts or samplers that specialize in working with multi-samples to bounce them down to a single file?

oh, and btw I use FL Studio 10.

The samples will be close to useless if you bounce them to a single file.
The reason samples come like that is to avoid artifacts when transposing.
Normally you create a keymap so that all samples are held in a single program and are mapped out so each sample will only play when the keys you've designated are pressed.

Direct wave in Flstudio will let you do this. Once you have loaded the samples and set up a keymap, save the patch. Then next time you go to use it you just load the patch instead of the individual samples.

You need Kontakt.

Acid Mitch wrote: Direct wave in Flstudio will let you do this. Once you have loaded the samples and set up a keymap, save the patch. Then next time you go to use it you just load the patch instead of the individual samples.
must be a new limitation of fl studio cuz i can't import wavs into directwave. Mind you I didn't shell out $ for signature edition, just producer.

Yea i know kontakt's popular, just trying to examine my options. I really don't rely enough on my sample packs as is to need it, since I use mostly drums and the native machine to organize them.

well how about software to simply make sf2's?

jimmygfactory wrote:well how about software to simply make sf2's?
Viena (.sf2):
http://www.synthfont.com/index.html

sfZed (.sfz):
http://audio.clockbeat.com/sfZed.html

:wink:

osiris wrote:You need Kontakt.
but can probably get by with short circuit

jimmygfactory wrote: must be a new limitation of fl studio cuz i can't import wavs into directwave. Mind you I didn't shell out $ for signature edition, just producer.
It's because you must have direct wave player, not the full version. The full version also works in the FLSTudio you have.
If you dont want to purchase it go with Bluedads suggestion of Short Circuit which is free.

Acid Mitch wrote:
jimmygfactory wrote: must be a new limitation of fl studio cuz i can't import wavs into directwave. Mind you I didn't shell out $ for signature edition, just producer.
It's because you must have direct wave player, not the full version. The full version also works in the FLSTudio you have.
If you dont want to purchase it go with Bluedads suggestion of Short Circuit which is free.
I tried shortcircuit at one point on the go, didn't really have much success.

I think I'll try a couple sfz programs and then run it through extremesampleconverter to sf2. Yea, I know sf2 is a bit of a cheapener in terms of quality, but it's digital music to begin with.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”