This Rising Sound

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, i want to use a sound like this example below, i have been sat on logic since 9am trying to get it right (its now 4.30pm in UK, i have drunk like 10 cups of coffee and I seem to be getting further away! i ended up with a hoover sound for an hour..

Anyway the sound is the rising sound, you hear it most prominent at 2.00 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdLbZ8ftAtc

Heres an example of mine - sounds like shit!

Obviosuly i don't want to steal the exact sound but if i try to get the basics of it down i can then manipulate it in my own way, I've tried pitch envelopes on just about every wave in massive and sylenth still not that rolling feeling, for the track i am making i know that sound would fit perfect, but if i can get close then i should be able to make something fit!

Any help very appreciated!

Thanks
Last edited by Mike20 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anybody can do anything if they set their mind to it

Huh, I'm not sure I can hear what you're hearing.

Are you talking about the lead? If so, the sidechain compression on it is pretty thick, with a pretty sooth ramping. You could try achieving that with forward-set triggering and a long attack.

Or are you talking about the pad that just slowly raises it's pitch in the background? If so, you seem to have hit it, to my ear, unless I'm listening for the wrong details...

Or you talking about something else?

Im on about the sound that sounds like it has a pitch envelope on it played on 8th's, to starts around 1,52 and filters up you can hear it most prominent between 2.00 and 2.10 when it finishes, its also rising in pitch, i achieved a similar sound in the end, but it sounds like shit in my track now, i guess it just isn't the right sound for the track!

Back to the drawing board!

pretty close to that exact sound mike! I would probably EQ it to boost up the high end a little bit which will give it more of a sugar feel and also try to sidechain it to the kick. That should give it some more pump. Hope that helped :D

Regarding to the actual sound, I think you have nailed it pretty well. The rest I hear is a mixture of EQ'ing, stereo-imaging and velocity (I came to think of this because to me it sounds like it plays every second note a little less hard).

Obviously as you say - it may not fit in your track. Depending on what type of music you do. You should be the judge of this :)

How did u get the dyro lead?! would love to get an answer, and the wobblinig sound is also good but needs a tad more eqing. I could offer u any sound u can hear in my productions.

http://soundcloud.com/filip-ilic

Thnx :)

howw did you make that bass! and the riser is 90% perfect dude, its really good :D
Music is Life <3

Thanks guys :)

PM'd 2 of you

Mike

I am going to assume that it would be similar to the riser that sort of squeaks. You could use a sample like VEH2 FX68 and make a pattern and as it goes you can automate the pitch up.

Really like your Dyro Lead. Could you possibly give a basic outline of how to make it?

i'll just copy and paste what I've sent to a few different people :

Hey mate, you want to use Massive for that bass, use the 'Deep Throat' waveform, maybe throw a bit of a saw in but just experiment i can't remember exactly how i done it and i didn't end up keeping it, then you want the 'Sine Shaper' insert FX, probably crank drive and mix both up to maximum, you may then want some external distortion, i can't remember what ones i used but maybe try the sausage fattener and play about with different distortion units or guitar amps and stuff to try and give your sound some grit, from there its all about the mixing, you need to get it so that the bass is really in your face, so try and have your kick take up not too much frequency space of the bass, at least thats what i done (i think!)

That should get you well on your way to that kind of sound, i also think i may have put an envelope on the waveform very slightly, just try experimenting with that it may yield some nice sounding results

Cheers

Mike

Mike20 wrote:i'll just copy and paste what I've sent to a few different people :

Hey mate, you want to use Massive for that bass, use the 'Deep Throat' waveform, maybe throw a bit of a saw in but just experiment i can't remember exactly how i done it and i didn't end up keeping it, then you want the 'Sine Shaper' insert FX, probably crank drive and mix both up to maximum, you may then want some external distortion, i can't remember what ones i used but maybe try the sausage fattener and play about with different distortion units or guitar amps and stuff to try and give your sound some grit, from there its all about the mixing, you need to get it so that the bass is really in your face, so try and have your kick take up not too much frequency space of the bass, at least thats what i done (i think!)

That should get you well on your way to that kind of sound, i also think i may have put an envelope on the waveform very slightly, just try experimenting with that it may yield some nice sounding results

Cheers

Mike
any recommendation on the guitar amp? and what kind of "other stuff", sounds really good!

Return to “Sound Design”