Beat Zampler: free sample workstation by Synapse Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Beat Black Mamba Commodore 64 Synthesizer Sessions DELUXE Zampler Zampler

Mikelo wrote:mmmm... tried downloading the sample bank but download stops after 20mb or so... :(
That's a known issue and Beat was supposed to have fixed it. What I did using FireFox was simply pause and restart the download about every 19 megs (in your case). It's tedious but did work and I didn't need to install any download helpers which I've never needed before even for much larger files.

Seems like the download is timing out from the Beat servers....... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

johnnyvn wrote:I'm on a Mac and also can't seem to successfully download the demo library...my download stops repeatedly at around 17-18M. Really looking forward to checking this out! Thanks, Synapse.
I had the same problem at first, then I got it with Orbit downloader. The file is fine - maybe a server problem or something.

IrionDaRonin wrote:I just noticed something.

If you push the UPDATE button in the GUI, it will bring you to Beat website, register and make a little survey (just 3 minutes) and you will receive a free Artillery 2 Beat edition.
I don't know if there are differences between this and the CM one.
Just in case you are interested.

Have a good day :)
That's great. But the page is in German. Is there any way to get it in English?

EDIT - Nevermind... Got it now.

Thanks Krim :wink:
Last edited by Andywanders on Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teksonik wrote: EDIT: I've just had a look at one of the Rapture .sfz files in SFZED. It shows as an invalid .sfz file ???? I guess that's why those files have to be moved into their own sample folders. Odd since Rene invented the .sfz format and was the developer of Rapture.....you'd think those files would be to spec...... :shrug:
I hope some dev really nails the sfz format, they all seem to be content
with about 40%-60% compatibility. I would think there is a small market of new users
who have yet to $commit$ to Kontakt, or other established format. William K
could place a hold on his tinkerings :wink: and put a nice iron on the fire.

A key-combo or option to raise an editor on sfz import, would be nice,
once familiar with the sfz text options, it should be easy enough to mod the
sounds to taste, or fix common ommissions.
Cheers

Mikelo wrote:mmmm... tried downloading the sample bank but download stops after 20mb or so... :(
Try using DownThemAll! ... worked for me after trying again and again with Firefox.

Kriminal wrote:it will load any sfz file, including the ones in my sig, all the free samples are sfz format :wink:
No it wont
Quite a lot of SFZ files don't work ;)
I have a folder of 50 here it wont load properly and every other SFZ player does no problem, so good freebie, but load every SFZ , no ;)

Seems to really struggle with drumkits (These 50 are all drum kits)

I am guessing that they have not supported the 'key =' in the SFZ format
If you use that you do not have to use pitch_keycentre or hikey lokey
So it does not support all SFZ unfortunately ;)

example

Code: Select all

<group> lovel=0 hivel=127

<region> sample=samples\8Men\8Men 001.wav
key=C2

<region> sample=samples\8Men\8Men 002.wav
key=C#2

<region> sample=samples\8Men\8Men 003.wav
key=D2

<region> sample=samples\8Men\8Men 004.wav
key=D#2

<region> sample=samples\8Men\8Men 005.wav
key=E2

<region> sample=samples\8Men\8Men 006.wav
key=F2

V'ger wrote:if someone can confirm that it has all the SFZ opcodes and whatnot implemented, it's not really clear from the site.
Very few are supported in fact people shouldnt say or think it supports all SFZ, they should be saying that it supports part of the SFZ opcodes (As far as i can tell so far, it just uses SFZ for the sample mapping and nothing more), bit misleading but at the end of the day it is a freebie, so nobodies place to whine really hahaha
Last edited by gpunk on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Probably already been reported but the FXB just crashes the two hosts i tried, might be a good plugin but it sure is hard to find out hahahaha
I shall come back to this when they have worked on it a bit more ;)

gpunk wrote:
Kriminal wrote:it will load any sfz file, including the ones in my sig, all the free samples are sfz format :wink:
No it wont
Quite a lot of SFZ files don't work ;)
I have a folder of 50 here it wont load properly and every other SFZ player does no problem, so good freebie, but load every SFZ , no ;)

Seems to really struggle with drumkits (These 50 are all drum kits)

I am guessing that they have not supported the 'key =' in the SFZ format
If you use that you do not have to use pitch_keycentre or hikey lokey
So it does not support all SFZ unfortunately ;)

example

Code: Select all

<group> lovel=0 hivel=127

<region> sample=samples\8Men\8Men 001.wav
key=C2

<region> sample=samples\8Men\8Men 002.wav
key=C#2

<region> sample=samples\8Men\8Men 003.wav
key=D2

<region> sample=samples\8Men\8Men 004.wav
key=D#2

<region> sample=samples\8Men\8Men 005.wav
key=E2

<region> sample=samples\8Men\8Men 006.wav
key=F2
thats odd, i made my own drum sfz's and tried those and they worked ok during testing :?

but no, it wont support all opcodes. It was built to Beats spec, specifically to play magazine content as far i know :wink:
Zampler should support the following:

- One sample per key (no layering)
- Lokey
- Hikey
- Lovel
- Hivel
- pitch_keycenter
- sample
- tranpose
- tune
- volume

Hey there,

thanks for your interest in Zampler!

Now the download should work. I've just downloaded all files without any issues.

Have a nice sunday!
Beat

gpunk wrote:
V'ger wrote:if someone can confirm that it has all the SFZ opcodes and whatnot implemented, it's not really clear from the site.
Very few are supported in fact people shouldnt say or think it supports all SFZ, they should be saying that it supports part of the SFZ opcodes (As far as i can tell so far, it just uses SFZ for the sample mapping and nothing more), bit misleading but at the end of the day it is a freebie, so nobodies place to whine really hahaha
Aww shucks, I was hoping to just have one definative SFZ player. What is currently the most supported/accurate player? Alchemy Player?

I just loved the Babylon Toolbar crapware that jdownloader installed in my computer without my knowledge. Got rid of it. Got the content. Don't use jdownloader.

Yeah, same problem with jdownloader--yuck!! No need for that -use Free Download Manager--worked better too. Alchemy Player has a lot of SFZ problems which they have been saying for months they will fix in 1.3. I've even considered buying Cakewalk's Dimension LE for $50 since I assume they have down the format they created. The Cakewalk free SFZ player looks a little limited.

beatmagazin wrote:Hey there,

thanks for your interest in Zampler!

Now the download should work. I've just downloaded all files without any issues.

Have a nice sunday!
Beat

Hi, i bought the recent beat issue with zampler on it. Howncan i make it work in Studio One V2 64 bit?

Thanks!
Finally!

You need a bit bridge if S1 doesnt have a built in one

Return to “Instruments”