Lap Steel Guitar for KONTAKT 4/5 Now Available!

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lap Steel Guitar
Lap steel guitars are very flexible and versatile instruments, and make a great addition to a variety of musical styles. As well as easily fitting in folk, country, and pop productions, they also sound great with distortion for rock and blues tunes. The Orange Tree Samples Lap Steel Guitar sample library features around 1 GB of high quality samples, with three dynamics and four round-robin samples for each chromatically-sampled string--giving you a total of over 2,000 samples.

Audio demo:
Audio Demo #1: Gray Patchwork

Here are a few notable features:

* Onboard Effects
Lap Steel Guitar includes five stereo cabinet impulses as well as spring reverb, tremolo, chorus, and much more.

* Timbre-correct slides
The timbre-correct slides give you much more realism when sliding, as opposed to conventional methods of pitch bending. These slides will also realistically re-excite the strings, lengthening the sustain.

* Advanced Bending Control
Lap Steel Guitar not only gives you the ability to bend strings separately, but also allows you to set the bend range to conform to a specific key/scale.

* Modeled Vibrato
The vibrato in Lap Steel Guitar isn't a simple LFO, but is modeled after real lap steel guitar vibrato, while still giving you speed and depth controls.

* External presets
All the effects and performance settings can be stored in external preset files. That means that you don't have to reload the entire library to audition different presets. It also means that the presets can be easily shared with other Lap Steel Guitar users.

Price:
We're currently having a $30 OFF introduction sale on Lap Steel Guitar, so you can pick up your copy of the new Lap Steel Guitar today for $49 (regularly $79)! This discount offer will expire on July 31th.

Format:
Due to the extensive scripting, this sample library is available in Kontakt 4+ format only. Lap Steel Guitar requires the full retail version of Kontakt, so it is not compatible with the free Kontakt Player.

Visit the product page here: Lap Steel Guitar sample library for Kontakt

Or you can click here to order Lap Steel Guitar directly
Last edited by Gregjazz on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

hot damn, that demo sounds good.!

and the price!

can you get it to sound more like dirty americana instead of pop radio country?

dw

Greg....

This sounds AWESOME... I always wanted to learn how to play a pedal steel.... your program will let me play around to see what the pedal steel is all about.

Gimme some NRPS or POCO...

Jim
The keeper of the Shrine.
http://lldom.blogspot.com
The Lamb Laid Down on MIDI

jkleban wrote:Greg....

This sounds AWESOME... I always wanted to learn how to play a pedal steel.... your program will let me play around to see what the pedal steel is all about.

Gimme some NRPS or POCO...

Jim
The Lap Steel will be great fun.

[And I followed your link to your project page,Jim, being a big Genesis fan, and enjoyed your work from In The Cage ... one of my favorite Genesis songs!]

Congrats, Greg, for another awesome library!

wow, smooth sound! fortunately the discount lasts for some weeks.

:D
"It dreamed itself along"

Just added two tutorial videos focusing on the pitch bend capability in Lap Steel Guitar: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4B89FA07085A6985
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

can it do "High Hopes"-esque sounds? for those not in the know - the final solo is played on lap steel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGBM5vWiBLo
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

How would you be able to have a 2nd mod-wheel control for an overall slight pitch modulation for an entire chord? Most players don't just hit and hold a chord... would the Korg NanoPad work for this?

thanks, it looks good!

Cannot say enough good things about the instrument. Cannot. (As with the rest of them)
But I only wish it have had palm mutes, assignable to velocity and individually volume controlled... You can say: "why", of course :)

But this is only a wish, not a request!

Thank you!

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”