Sylenth1 64bit update to OSX???

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

C'mon Lennart Digital.
Where is the OSX support??
This is my last (and the best) synth without 64 bit support.
How many osx user is over there... and begging You?

Please!!!

V

this has been discussed a lot (i certainly discuss it a lot LOL). there's no response. sadly. lennar is great with tech support, but won't discuss anything else.so i've been holding my breath...it's my last 32bit plug as well (and also one of my faves).

will we see it? or ANY update? no one knows. i keep worrying that logic X (or whatever it's ultimately called) will continue to offer the 32bit bridge... guess we'll see...about everything.

What a shame the support sucks so bad here. I've moved over to using Studio One 64-bit and I can't use Sylenth anymore. Guess I'll have to sell the license

From what I've read (here on KVR, FWIW), Logic X will indeed drop the 32 bit bridge. If you look at what Apple did with FCP X, it seems to make sense. Now, that bridge is unreliable, so no regrets there. But with no prospect of a 64 bit Sylenth, it keeps me from buying it.

@chris, have you tried using JBridge in Studio One?

Even more of a reason to drop Mac and come to the brighter side with Windows :) Sylenth work great in 32bit, 64bbit amd with jBridge not that you need it.

I have no beef about Macs...but there is just so much more for Windows. Also everytime Mac update there OS there appears to be backward compatibility problems, so my mrs's tells me anyway. She likes her vanity Mac, maybe Lennards just not vane and happy with his lot :)

Ah, but you don't have Drumspillage!

(admittedly, that and Automat are the only ones I can think of that are Mac exclusive)

Regardless of which is a better platform or which one uses, I'd rather invest in actively developed products than ones that aren't.

BDeep wrote:Ah, but you don't have Drumspillage!

(admittedly, that and Automat are the only ones I can think of that are Mac exclusive)

Regardless of which is a better platform or which one uses, I'd rather invest in actively developed products than ones that aren't.
True but if something works, then it's money well spent. I would never see software as an investment, you are buying a copyright not a tangiable product unfortunately.

Maybe Lennards working on a hardware versiion to compete with Diva HW :) I stir....

Unfortunately, you're right. And it isn't as with HW that you can still connect the newest synth to a synth from say, 1985, with the ancient, but ongoing supported, MIDI protocol.
Makes you rethink the SW-HW price difference. (although not for the life of me I would go back to HW only)

BDeep wrote:Unfortunately, you're right. And it isn't as with HW that you can still connect the newest synth to a synth from say, 1985, with the ancient, but ongoing supported, MIDI protocol.
Makes you rethink the SW-HW price difference. (although not for the life of me I would go back to HW only)
I love midi and the routing of instruments, still got several bits of outboard instruments, effects and controllers. To be honest (am ducking here) I havent seen anything thats both affordable or worthwhile in the last 10 years in the realm of synths/groovemachines that affordable similar to a lot of soft synths and what they offer with multiple waveform support, samples playback and manipulation, effects and the variety of innovated features they present to the player. When you think about software in terms of Sylenth, Zebra, Synthmaster, Alchemy and the list goes on. Looking at hardware standalone and prices all well over £1000-2000+ such as Nordwave, Roland GTs, DSI Tempest.
Fortunately we are starting to see a return to affordable outboard from Korg, Arturia, NI even though limited the sub $500 hardware market is one that needs to be filled for todays pocket money.

I am really surprised we haven't seen more affordable hardware hosts similar to Receptor and the array of iPad apps. I refuse to get into the iPad/touchscreen for playing an instrument. Synths need physical controls and keys to be emotive and create music with some attempt of connection. Another debate for another thread tbh.

A calling for Novation, Auturia or maybe NI to have a standalone device that is capable of hosting vsts if you get my drift.

...sorry this post is going ot

That would at least solve the problem of people asking for a version that works with their new OS/host - to bring it back on topic again ;)

BDeep wrote:That would at least solve the problem of people asking for a version that works with their new OS/host - to bring it back on topic again ;)
Absolutely! Thanks...that was primarily what I'm driving at :) ah we can hope.

MFXxx wrote:Even more of a reason to drop Mac and come to the brighter side with Windows :) Sylenth work great in 32bit, 64bbit amd with jBridge not that you need it.

I have no beef about Macs...but there is just so much more for Windows. Also everytime Mac update there OS there appears to be backward compatibility problems, so my mrs's tells me anyway. She likes her vanity Mac, maybe Lennards just not vane and happy with his lot :)
+1

MFXxx wrote:Even more of a reason to drop Mac and come to the brighter side with Windows :) Sylenth work great in 32bit, 64bbit amd with jBridge not that you need it.

mac, windows...doesn't matter. S1 hasn't been UPDATED since 2008...
am a mac person (not because it's 'better' or whatever, but because it's what i came up on). and there's NOTHING i am missing on the platform (all the plugins i want or need are available).

and, fwiw, have never had update issues (not to say i haven't had issues).

it does not matter what platform you use, it's the work that matters. mediocre music made on a PC won't outshine a great song made on a mac...and vice versa.

i hope we see an update, and a 64bit AU for mac, but will continue on, regardless.

BDeep wrote:From what I've read (here on KVR, FWIW), Logic X will indeed drop the 32 bit bridge. If you look at what Apple did with FCP X, it seems to make sense. Now, that bridge is unreliable, so no regrets there. But with no prospect of a 64 bit Sylenth, it keeps me from buying it.

keep in mind, like all things apple, that rumors are just rumors. the bridge may be there...or not. we won't know until we know, and that won't be until...who knows... :roll:

Return to “LennarDigital”