NEW Lap Steel Guitar for KONTAKT 4/5 from Orange Tree Samples

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

synchronizer wrote:My only concern is the apparent lack of velocity layers of previous bass guitar sample libraries. Wouldn't you say that the Rickenbacker 4003 sample library might benefit from them?
I'm not sure which other bass libraries you're referring to, but the Rickenbacker will absolutely have velocity layers. I'm currently planning at least 3-4 velocity layers, but concentrating on having more round-robin, since that's a more crucial aspect when it comes to realism. For example, the natural difference in dynamics for each round-robin sample will not only make it sound like there are many more velocity layers, but also vastly improve repeating notes--a very important aspect when it comes to creating realistic bass tracks.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

I remember that the Corebass Cherry and similar bass libraries had few or no velocity layers. hmm. Well, i can't complain about your approach to sampling the Rickenbacker. I'm looking forward to it.

synchronizer wrote:I remember that the Corebass Cherry and similar bass libraries had few or no velocity layers.
CoreBass Cherry actually uses a mix of special dynamic samples with scripting to create a smooth dynamic range as opposed to using traditional velocity layers. Here's an audio example, so you can hear what it sounds like. Notice the realistic tonal changes (this is not EQ, by the way) and also the way the string starts to buzz when you play loudly:

http://www.orangetreesamples.com/audio/ ... csTest.mp3

Anyway, don't worry--I have some big plans for the Rickenbacker bass. :)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

synchronizer wrote:I remember that the Corebass Cherry and similar bass libraries had few or no velocity layers. hmm. Well, i can't complain about your approach to sampling the Rickenbacker. I'm looking forward to it.
@Synchronizer Have you found any shortcomings actually playing/using Cherry or are you basing your concerns on your understanding of sampling techniques? I recall you bringing up this topic several months back and after you heard some dynamic samples you no longer had concerns.

Yes I remember that conversation with you. To be honest I wasn't completely persuaded but I'm fine now. :)

With demo songs like those on your products, you can sell me whatever you want :lol:
Man, I'm lost in the demo songs for hours...

Here's something I put together to show the dirtier side of the lap steel guitar:

Off-road Detour

The lap steel was played in live, as were the other guitars (EEG Strawberry and EAG Steel Strings), and the bass is CoreBass Pear.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Gregjazz wrote:Here's something I put together to show the dirtier side of the lap steel guitar:

Off-road Detour

The lap steel was played in live, as were the other guitars (EEG Strawberry and EAG Steel Strings), and the bass is CoreBass Pear.

You got me with that demo.......bought

Jason Morin

He got me with the first demo but I have to wait for July.. :?

I just added two tutorial videos focusing on the pitch bend capability in Lap Steel Guitar: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4B89FA07085A6985

Enjoy!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Thanks for the tutorials and new audio demo. I'm really looking forward to getting this (which will be very soon).
Cap'n Spanky
From the Planet Screwball

This library is so good it makes me wanna cry in my beer, and go bass fishin' with my bluetick...

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”