2ndMOUSE -- new album " NEO " ( full previews )

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's been a while since I released my last 18 track behemoth " Expert Tiger , Mediocre Troll " and I'd had some major life changes like getting married , starting work again , moving 100 miles away etc.....and i'd just been quietly tinkering away on tracks that were gonna be part of a 4 or 5 track E.P. with a release around march 2012.

I kept on making tracks and wasn't content to just release an E.P. and " NEO " kinda became an album.
More chilled out than my last releases. Maybe this is a process of the dust finally starting to settle down , but anyway....here it is , with full previews at this link.

http://2ndmouse.bandcamp.com/album/neo

"Much more chilled out than previous albums. It wasn't a conscious decision , but maybe the acquisition of a guitar , a wife , and a yorkshire terrier had something to do with the new chilled sound."

Wait until you have children, You will need to make heavy metal :hihi:

Seriously though, great music :D

Totolitoto wrote:"Much more chilled out than previous albums. It wasn't a conscious decision , but maybe the acquisition of a guitar , a wife , and a yorkshire terrier had something to do with the new chilled sound."

Wait until you have children, You will need to make heavy metal :hihi:

Seriously though, great music :D
Thanks a lot Toto.
I doubt i'd find either the time or energy to make music , metal or not , if I had kids. That's a tough gig !!
Glad you enjoyed what you heard. Thanks for listening.

Just currently having a listen to "always" parts 1 & 2. Interesting stuff and nice production values. Doing a good job of holding my attention for 25 minutes apiece. Well constructed beats =)

I haven't had a chance to listen to it all yet, but this is definitely more chilled than previous releases. I liked Apollo: Redux and Jacob's Ladder, but Fathom was the standout track for me so far. I loved the way this track crept up on me, with the gradual introduction of the pads, synths and vocals. I liked the panning on here too. Something about the ending reminded me of Bach for some reason. Is that your new guitar on here?

I shall try to get back to this later but I've just had 2 days of IT service management training and am just about to evaporate.

Laters

seismic1 wrote:I haven't had a chance to listen to it all yet, but this is definitely more chilled than previous releases. I liked Apollo: Redux and Jacob's Ladder, but Fathom was the standout track for me so far. I loved the way this track crept up on me, with the gradual introduction of the pads, synths and vocals. I liked the panning on here too. Something about the ending reminded me of Bach for some reason. Is that your new guitar on here?

I shall try to get back to this later but I've just had 2 days of IT service management training and am just about to evaporate.

Laters
Many thanks Seismic.
Hope you didn't evaporate !! =)

No, I'm still here, patiently re-assembling my molecules or something along those lines. It will be nice to return to Earth.

Anyway, I just played "One In A Million". That was gorgeous. Great chord progression and a hypnotic piece of music. Neat work with those percs, and the female vocal was lovely (sounded a little like the SampleTank Free vocal I have in one of my unfinished tracks).

Great track 2M :tu:

seismic1 wrote:No, I'm still here, patiently re-assembling my molecules or something along those lines. It will be nice to return to Earth.

Anyway, I just played "One In A Million". That was gorgeous. Great chord progression and a hypnotic piece of music. Neat work with those percs, and the female vocal was lovely (sounded a little like the SampleTank Free vocal I have in one of my unfinished tracks).

Great track 2M :tu:
Bah !
Rumbled !!
Well spotted. It was indeed the lesser spotted STANK-warbler.
I went a bit mad with it for about a week until I realised it was probably as ubiquitous and recognizable as dbglitch =P

Appreciate you listening and many thanks =)

bump't

for those who may have missed this.....

Return to “Music Cafe”