New from Sonimus - Sweetone

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Compyfox wrote:
K-Slash wrote:
Compyfox wrote:Sweetone is pretty much a Tonelux Tilt "clone", both with tilt mode and "loudness" mode (the dreaded "loudness EQ courve" from old hifi amplifiers).
Don't forget the preamp emulation, it's subtle but sounds sweet, hence the name ;).
Actually, both Sweetone and Tonelux Tilt (Softube) feature the preamp emulation (MP1a).

K-Slash wrote:
Compyfox wrote:So now we will have three emulations of TILT:

Softube "Tonelux Tilt EQ" (the official emulation)
cross platform, 99USD Native - fixed frequencies, 6dB/Oct filters
The Softube plugin also features a 12dB/Oct filter for the High-Pass.
Indeed it does, overlooked that one.
Tilt does subtle transformer emulation. Preamp emulation is a bit of a stretch, unless your are talking about the trafo plus plain Jane digital gain.

I got native Tilt for $35 on sale with the addition of a discount for doing purchase feedback. It's nice and works as advertised. It also includes Tilt Live which has Boost Ceiling instead of Gain.

Why would these guys need to make an enhanced emulation of an official emulation. Other than the enhanced part, that's Nomad territory, isn't it?

Ive just bought it and will try it out so Im hoping its as good as the sonimus FX

I paid for it and got the download straight away. Its sound is excellent and the filters are as smooth as Ive heard on any. This will be my tool for high and lo cuts and fast general equalization. the sound is superb, its one of the best EQ's Ive had the pleasure of using and Im not kidding. If you cant spare £16 for this there is something wrong with you. It has the color and depth of Soneq but in a much lighter and smoother way, almost creamy in texture. Ive only tried it on an acoustic drum groove with some average samples but I am more than Impressed. I havent heard the softube one but I dont really care from now on, I especially love the GUI. There is a lot of tone shaping options as well. My first thoughts were that it would be limited in scope, but as I read the manual and tried out what he said it just shows that the developer was already thinking about these things before i even got there. It can do Warm and Loud to Deep and Subtle, so try it and make your own mind up. In short Im loving it, and If your listening mr developer, what people are looking for is an alternative plugin to the UAD stuff with the same Quality but something affordable. I think this is what you have here. I would love to see you do a whole range of EQs like this because you obviously can. I look forward to anymore you make which I will buy without hesitation. I took a gamble with this based upon the quality of your freeware EQ soneq and left feeling more than happy. I heard the filters on satson were smooth but these are the ones for me. Processor wise, again, next to nothing on a quad core with 3GB ram. :tu:

Trakstar wrote:I paid for it and got the download straight away. Its sound is excellent and the filters are as smooth as Ive heard on any. This will be my tool for high and lo cuts and fast general equalization. the sound is superb...

Would be great to hear ... any chance of posting a wet/dry demo if you have time?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

What payment methods are available?

User Manual / PDF ?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I'd be surprised... Not many vendors seem to accept PDF payments anymore

lingyai wrote:
Trakstar wrote:I paid for it and got the download straight away. Its sound is excellent and the filters are as smooth as Ive heard on any. This will be my tool for high and lo cuts and fast general equalization. the sound is superb...

Would be great to hear ... any chance of posting a wet/dry demo if you have time?
Ill get a few ready for tomorrow, its 9.00pm here now so about 12-14 hours, whats the best place to use for sticking audio demos up, I havent done any before, can you use soundcloud?

Trakstar wrote:
lingyai wrote:

Ill get a few ready for tomorrow, its 9.00pm here now so about 12-14 hours, whats the best place to use for sticking audio demos up, I havent done any before, can you use soundcloud?
Take your time, there's no rush at all, and thanks very much for being willing to share an example or two.

You can just paste the url of a soundcloud track here, like this

http://soundcloud.com/st-josephs-social ... for-a-film

lingyai wrote:
Trakstar wrote:
lingyai wrote:

Take your time, there's no rush at all, and thanks very much for being willing to share an example or two.

You can just paste the url of a soundcloud track here, like this

http://soundcloud.com/st-josephs-social ... for-a-film
will do, Ill let you know tomorrow. Ill do a few drums,bass and instrumenst or something.

Trakstar:
You do know that a "Tilt EQ" is basically only a shelving EQ that works like a seesaw? There is no magic behind it other than "tilting" the frequency spectrum, and then limiting with with the HP/LP filters. I'd see it as broadband EQ and not like a surgical one.

antithesist wrote:Why would these guys need to make an enhanced emulation of an official emulation. Other than the enhanced part, that's Nomad territory, isn't it?
Don't think so actually. If I read it right (and got that right from contact with Softube), the "second" Tilt plugin is some sort of circuity evolution of the original concept. So we both have an "emulation" and an enhanced circuity. Much like G-Sonique which used the concept of Pultec EQ's and developed it further.

Now Sonimus goes yet another step further and introduces two fixed rotation points rather than one. And TAL TILT, er I mean USEq uses a complete configurable design alltogether (sans HP/LP and input modeling).

Now if Sonimus would offer a mode to shift the rotation point as well, we have yet another evolution of the concept and not a pure clone.

For the first time, I do not feel like left out in the dark. This time everything you need to know is written on the product page of Sonimus Sweetone. So there is no manual needed. Audio demos or a demo in general is a different thing though.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:Now if Sonimus would offer a mode to shift the rotation point as well, we have yet another evolution of the concept and not a pure clone.
+1 :tu:

Compyfox wrote:Took me a while to find the actual "info" on the page, but what do we know:
Sweetone is pretty much a Tonelux Tilt "clone", both with tilt mode and "loudness" mode (the dreaded "loudness EQ courve" from old hifi amplifiers).

So now we will have three emulations of TILT:

Softube "Tonelux Tilt EQ" (the official emulation)
cross platform, 99USD Native - fixed frequencies, 6dB/Oct filters, 12dB/oct additional on HP

Sonimus Sweetone
cross platform, 25 USD - 2 selectable frequency modes, 6/12 dB/oct filter

Togu Audio Line USEq (formerly known as TILT)
cross platform 32bit, free/not supported anymore - no input gain modeling, variable center frequency and Q, bass lift mode

You can choose for yourself what you think might suit your needs. And Softube (finally?) has some competition.

Not on form today are we Compyfox?

You also forgot the 'Elysia Niveau Filter' which while not called a 'tilt' eq it is exactly that......a tilt eq and a very nice one it is too.

The Elysia also has the variable 'tilt' frequency that you mentioned.

As for the Softube version,I found it very smooth and warm but decided not to buy it when I discovered I could get almost exactly the same results from the Nomad British EQ.

As you rightly state Compyfox,theres no magic to a tilt EQ,its just quicker to get the results using a tilt than it would using a full blown EQ.

ps.You are forgiven :hihi:

well... meh... surprised the son eq has not been enhanced and go 64 bits which is what almost everyone has been waiting for. (not me but from what i have read, although i admit, i did like son eq)

$25 is $25 too much with no demo and no return policy.
I was not a fan of satson and therefore threw $39 into thin air.

when i contacted them (3 times to get a reply), they took 2 months to reply, to tell me that license transfers were not allowed nor refunds. Bad luck, it is cheap enough that if you don't like it you can write it off, was the jist of the reply.

How anyone can support this business model is beyond me. I don't care if it's $5, or $1, the guy doesn't give a shit about his customers, and is just looking for the cash cow.

Simple as that.

this is a prime example of a dev that needs a good kick up the ass with the new Eu license law. This is a perfect example. NO demos NO audio demos NO returns NO resale.

I think he is a complete pig.

i'd rather give softube my money any day, where i get answers within 24 hrs,

It looks really sweet, but I sooooo hate fake 3D perspective GUIs. It makes my mind collapse. :lol: I mean monitor is 2D and when you see one of these things and try to tweak it it feels so weird. No wonder, because it is weird! You move your head and the thing doesn't change perspective! How can that be so? :lol: Until they invent GUIs that change perspective with the movement of your head, I think this is utterly RIDICULOUS!

However, it looks beautiful [if not for the fake mesmerising perspective], and I can bet it sounds great as every other of Sonimus plugins.

I really didn't like how he made that gloss on the Satson Channel/buss Vu-meter. I hate it. I think GUIs on the computer should be normal 2D and useful. So I'm still using version 1.0! :( [which is fine.. doesn't matter, it works great] GUI "improvements"... hmmm that freaking gloss really bugs me so much that I cant use the newer version. One shouldn't squint to see what's going on, and squinting doesn't help in this case!... damn. Gloss just makes it hard to see, so is fake perspective. I HATE IT WITH PASSION.

Anyway, I guess this is my first Satson plugin I'm skipping... and there's no demo, too. However I do have Elysia niveau filter so I don't think it's a big loss and there are lots of great preamp and saturation emulations, so I don't need another one...

I wish you all the best, and thank you for the one of the best freebie EQs around Pylorca!

Interesting post ttoz... it surprised me quite a bit. You seem to have had a really bad experience with Sonimus. :( It is good that we have these forums to share the experiences.

Cheers!
Last edited by DuX on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

I really like the look of this and I love the filters that this guy codes.

Only thing is Satson has crashed FL Studio ever since I've had it. I reported (with videos and everything, I'm a really thorough bug reporter, I'm sure some devs can attest to that) on 27 Aug 2011 and got an instant reply.

Since then they've been in contact, but haven't done anything that fixes it. That's too bad because I really, really like Satson. SonEQ doesn't suffer this crash.

So this is a coin toss. Will it be like the free SonEQ and be stable as a rock? Or will it be like Satson, which has been nothing but trouble and a waste of time. I'm not bothered about the money, it's that I spent lots of time testing, emailing and trying to fix it.

I hazarded a guess I was putting more time into trying to solve this bug than sonimus, that's why I just gave up a few weeks ago :(

So great products, not so good support. Fast response on the initial report. After that I'd waited months for replies, and even been given false hope with the 1.2 update. I geniunely believed it would be fixed at that point.

I'm really not trying to badmouth these guys. Small outfit doing great things. But like so many small outfits the support is sot so stellar. I wish I could be singing praises right now... :help:

Sorry for the slightly OT, but I need to get this off my chest...
For the curious 1

For the curious 2

Return to “Effects”