Dark Zebra - Amazona says Best Buy!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had some ideas back when I started reading this thread, but subsequent posts made all my guesses moot. What I have heard all sounds very cool. I look forward to seeing the results rolled out on the 20th.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

a new filter?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

i still not sure what it is but i like winning as i only ever won something once before, so i'll take it :hyper:

hmmmm.... now varieverb will NEVER get updated!

(dig at Sascha)

:hihi:

rj0 wrote:
HcDoom wrote:Is this some kind of joke or Zebra 3 really comes? :)
Somehow I am still expecting Debra. :hihi:
i have zero idea why but i have laughed my ass off every single time i saw the word debra in this thread

ttoz wrote: i have zero idea why but i have laughed my ass off every single time i saw the word debra in this thread
http://www.youtube.com/embed/Qhcw-ObPi98

Urs wrote:...
Otoh, yes, it's definately related to a movie trilogy by Chris Nolan, ...
My bet's on a changed demo mode that randomly displays the classic ZAK, POW, etc on screen and inserts short synth brass blasts accordingly in the output. :P

I go for a Zebra "special" HZ (Hans Zimmer) version, which contains Diva LPF and HPF!???
plenz

whatever it is, it will;;

[a] sound great
cost some cpu

bring it on :)

who cares?

it's from Urs and U-he, so it will totally awesome... honestly, he could tell me it's a software emulation of poop on a stick and I'm absolutely sure it would still be really cool...

Filterscape is great. Zebra is amazing. ACE is cool. Uhbik is awesome. MFM is crazy neat. And Diva blows me away.

So honestly, who cares what it is?

IT WILL BE GREAT.

baaaaaaaane!

ballin' 8)
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

plenz wrote:I go for a Zebra "special" HZ (Hans Zimmer) version, which contains Diva LPF and HPF!???
This one is a side effect.

As you know, next week premieres the final part of The Dark Knight trilogy. For the soundtrack HZ used a custom built Zebra with Diva filters and some prototype features originally planned for Zebra3. He got us to do this in return for some rights. Now the gist is, part of what we're releasing requires that pimped version of Zebra, hence it will be bundled. It isn't perfect, e.g. the "Diva" filters are mono, there's no multicore support, significant CPU drain if the extras are used. We call it ZebraHZ, and it will run nicely as a *separate* plugin!

So, hehe, I can't hold back anymore, and it has been guessed rightly a few times - all Zebra patches by HZ/HS designed for Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, accompanied by ZebraHZ. Sells for 99$, requires an existing Zebra license.

This I think is the best way to celebrate 11 (i.e. one more!) years of u-he, and a great way to bridge the gap until we release Zebra3. I'm also very happy that we can finally and officially make these sounds heard :)

Urs wrote:
So, hehe, I can't hold back anymore, and it has been guessed rightly a few times - all Zebra patches by HZ/HS designed for Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, accompanied by ZebraHZ. Sells for 99$, requires an existing Zebra license.

This I think is the best way to celebrate 11 (i.e. one more!) years of u-he, and a great way to bridge the gap until we release Zebra3. I'm also very happy that we can finally and officially make these sounds heard :)
:clap:
I'm in line!
Thanks.

Urs wrote:
plenz wrote:I go for a Zebra "special" HZ (Hans Zimmer) version, which contains Diva LPF and HPF!???
This one is a side effect.

As you know, next week premieres the final part of The Dark Knight trilogy. For the soundtrack HZ used a custom built Zebra with Diva filters and some prototype features originally planned for Zebra3. He got us to do this in return for some rights. Now the gist is, part of what we're releasing requires that pimped version of Zebra, hence it will be bundled. It isn't perfect, e.g. the "Diva" filters are mono, there's no multicore support, significant CPU drain if the extras are used. We call it ZebraHZ, and it will run nicely as a *separate* plugin!

Wow, exciting stuff Urs!!

Return to “Instruments”