Plugin for clean, warm analog pads

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all,

I've been searching for ages for a plugin that can provide clean analog pads and couldn't find exactly what
I was searching for. I've tried Absynth, Sylenth 1 and many more but most of them sound too artificial, cold or have too much of a sweep to them so most of the time I've used Kontakt or ESX24.

As an example, the pad at the very beginning of this track is pretty much what I'm looking for:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w6PqbyWioE

Thank you!

FM8 has such pads

For warm pads I use Cryologic :wink:

A little shameless self-promotion, but the Luftrum: Ambient library contains a lot of pads from shimmering pads to clear analogue sounding pads too. There is also the Himalaya: Pads it's pad haven with warm and lush sounding pads in any style you'd wish for - and this library are pads only, 150 of them!

Either of the links above takes you directly to audio demo's on the product page. Alchemy in general is absolutely amazing for pads!

There is also the newly released Padshop Pro, it's a granular synth released by Steinberg. If you grab their Zero Gravity expansion then you'll have a lot of good sounding pads too. Here's some of the (more exotic) pads I did for Zero Gravity:

http://soundcloud.com/luftrum-1/zero-gr ... ftrum-pads
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Oatmeal for free.
There are some alike analog pads in some soundbanks.
Remember to download the Lime Flavour skins.

Have a good day :)

FM8 is kind of good. I guess it needs some tweaking to sound just right.
I will try Alchemy and Oatmeal.

Where can I find Oatmeal's latest version to download?

Massive seems quite analog sounding but I can't the combination between the oscilators
as clean as the example i've shown here.

u-he DIVA & Zebra
Omnisphere

mclane wrote:FM8 has such pads
+ 1 for that, FM8 is a bonkers FM synth I love it, well worth a demo, and a good user base who can supply patches and tut's to keep you going.

I bought a trader copy here 6 months ago, and I keep seeing people getting rid of them for :o stupid money, I would have a copy just for the sake of it and unless I had a duplicate from Komplete, I can't see why I would shake it off.

The one thing I love, and you can't ignore, is that simple clear interface, Other DSP designers, take note..

Just tried DIVA and at first sight it seems very good for this kind of stuff. I love the overall simplicity
and analog style upper-interface.

Omnisphere is too expensive though. I noticed they don't have any kind of trial/demo
on their site.

cocoazenith wrote:Just tried DIVA and at first sight it seems very good for this kind of stuff. I love the overall simplicity
and analog style upper-interface.

Omnisphere is too expensive though. I noticed they don't have any kind of trial/demo
on their site.
You might want to try this, but first listen to what it does there

There are dozens of audio demos ( at the middle of the page seprate instruments demos )

And finally you can DL the demo here

Then its only 69€ Intro price ( this synth has just been released two days ago )

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

(1) retrologue
(2) analog factory

+1 for Alchemy.
Also try Synthmaster.
Twin2 never seems to get the plaudits it deserves either.

cocoazenith wrote:Hello all,

I've been searching for ages for a plugin that can provide clean analog pads and couldn't find exactly what
I was searching for. I've tried Absynth, Sylenth 1 and many more but most of them sound too artificial, cold or have too much of a sweep to them so most of the time I've used Kontakt or ESX24.

As an example, the pad at the very beginning of this track is pretty much what I'm looking for:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w6PqbyWioE

Thank you!
Try PolyKb from xils-labs.. IT IS FANTASTIC!
Mac pro 12 core,ULN8,Burl B2bomber,UAD Octo,Dramastic Obsedian,Avedis md7m Access virus TI, Moog Little Phatty, Roland JDXA. And Oodles of useless samples

Let's add another one: SonicProjects OP-X Pro-II
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

cocoazenith wrote:FM8 is kind of good. I guess it needs some tweaking to sound just right.
I will try Alchemy and Oatmeal.

Where can I find Oatmeal's latest version to download?
Here

Now go to Lime Flavour website and download the skins.

Good luck :)

Return to “Instruments”