TASCAM US-800 user experiences, tips, etc.

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

schnapsglas wrote:
Yes, we bought it, we knew there were problems...
I didn't know there would be problems. Those Tascam US-144 devices were THE workhorse for years.

It's really too bad - the preamps have lots of gain before noise.

rockstar_not wrote:
schnapsglas wrote:
I didn't know there would be problems. Those Tascam US-144 devices were THE workhorse for years.

yeah, I use a US-144mk2, never had any issue with it.

Kullervo wrote:
rockstar_not wrote:
schnapsglas wrote:

yeah, I use a US-144mk2, never had any issue with it.

Yeah, I knew other Tascam interfaces were fine, but people were having trouble with US800. I didn't think it could possibly continue to have problems when other interfaces work well with good drivers.

I have tried to contact Tascam in so many ways but I am being ignored. Just a simple question: are you working on a driver? I think I know about five different ways to crash a system using this interface now.

Any idea how to contact them? Do they even have a forum? :? Have people using this on x64 given up?

Latest driver activity is still from April of 2011. http://tascam.com/product/us-800/downloads/

Not very often that I desire to spam something, but I sure wish I could spam incoming mail to Tascam on this unit.

Back from the dead-thread list.

I had another project tracking session killed by the disappearing US-800 act.

Same drivers still listed from April 2011, v1.0.8

rockstar_not wrote:Back from the dead-thread list.

I had another project tracking session killed by the disappearing US-800 act.

Same drivers still listed from April 2011, v1.0.8
I really admire you for maintaining the search for a decent driver for u.s 800.
I'm afraid it will never come.
I have one as well and it works fine as long as I do NOT use midi with it.
The device was cheap to buy..I paid 99 euro's new.
Again..I'm happy with it..all the ins and outs work as it should.
No crashes..stable..good sound.
Maybe..since it bothers you that much..you should just buy another card.
Might give you some peace of mind..finally.
Good luck!

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
This page contains information about installing the latest Tascam US-800 driver downloads using theTascam Driver Update Tool.

Tascam US-800 drivers are tiny programs that enable your Audio Controller hardware to communicate with your operating system software. Maintaining updated Tascam US-800 software prevents crashes and maximizes hardware and system performance. Using outdated or corrupt Tascam US-800 drivers can cause system errors, crashes, and cause your computer or hardware to fail. Furthermore, installing the wrong Tascam drivers can make these problems even worse.

Recommendation: If you are inexperienced with updating Tascam device drivers manually, we highly recommend downloading the Tascam US-800 Driver Utility. This tool will download and update the correct Tascam US-800 driver versions automatically, protecting you against installing the wrong US-800 drivers.

http://www.solvusoft.com/en/update/driv ... ub-models/ (http://www.solvusoft.com/en/update/drivers/audio-controller/tascam/us-800/sub-models/)

anyone see this yet?

The current drivers are readily available from Tascam...they are what they are, and haven't been updated since 2011 (http://tascam.com/product/us-800/downloads/).

Do you work for Solvusoft?

G

nah I don't work for em...

just thought this may be a fix or something.

Or maybe an updated driver.

G

nope its just one of those places that sell standalone driver management software and feel they need to have a 'database' of drivers...

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”