One-Synth-Challenge 43: DUNE BE - Submissions and gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE

ONE-SYNTH-CHALLENGE WEBSITE

RULES:
Submissions MUST comply with ALL the rules HERE!

Song(s) must be submitted before 1st September (KVR time)

DUNE CM version is allowed to use, but the full version of DUNE is NOT.

PRIZES:
Synapse Audio : 1 DUNE full license

KV331 Audio : 1 Synthmaster license + 4 Rob Lee expansions

Sonic Academy : 1 ANA license

Wusik : Wusik Station Full + Wusik EVE Full

MaxSynths : Free choice of either Crisalys, Cryologic, Teutonic Tension or aPiano

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune

Electric Himalaya : Free choice of one soundset (as sold directly via the website)

Luftrum : Free choice of one soundset for either Glass Viper, Roland Gaia SH-01, Animoog or Reason
Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures) Image

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: 2 Soundsets of choice
(Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

3ee Sound Design : 1 sound set of choice

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by V'ger on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Hey V'Ger!

Doubtful as it is I'll manage an OSC this month - is Dune CM the same as Dune BE (and therefore would be acceptable)? I think the Dune BE install is just Windows, CM is Win and Mac. CM is Dune with 8 mod slots and no effects if I'm not mistaken.

Okay this time I have no excuses!
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Notice our new prize! :)

KV331 Audio : 1 Synthmaster license + 4 Rob Lee expansions
Last edited by V'ger on Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OSC is becoming richer from month to month! And I'm not referring to the prices only :)

JoeCat wrote:is Dune CM the same as Dune BE (and therefore would be acceptable)? I think the Dune BE install is just Windows, CM is Win and Mac. CM is Dune with 8 mod slots and no effects if I'm not mistaken.
The Beat version is for Mac too.

Not really sure what the difference between CM and BE is, but maybe only the mod slots as you say as Beat has all slots available. Probably Ok to use the CM version, but just thought for simplicity's sake to keep to the Beat version. But if it can be confirmed that there are no advantages to use the CM version then it's surely Ok.

V'ger wrote:
JoeCat wrote:is Dune CM the same as Dune BE (and therefore would be acceptable)? I think the Dune BE install is just Windows, CM is Win and Mac. CM is Dune with 8 mod slots and no effects if I'm not mistaken.
The Beat version is for Mac too.

Not really sure what the difference between CM and BE is, but maybe only the mod slots as you say as Beat has all slots available. Probably Ok to use the CM version, but just thought for simplicity's sake to keep to the Beat version. But if it can be confirmed that there are no advantages to use the CM version then it's surely Ok.
Shoulda done my homework on the Beat Version (especially since it has all the mod slots). TY :)

Arrrgh.... no mac vst with BE. :x Guess I'll have to use Garageband. 8)

Nice to have you back in the OSC JoeCat! :)

Awesome new prize from KV331 and Rob Lee!!!

But not even the full DUNE version is for Mac VST, only AU it looks like:
http://www.synapse-audio.com/download.html

I would suggest that CM version should be allowed only for MAC users.
This version is even more limited than Beat version, same deactivated effect part, but also, only one page of modulation.
So not a big problem CM VS BE.

Other than that, and i hope so, full version of Dune won't be allowed, due it has the effects section, and in that part of the synth, there are effect like Phasers, Flangers, etc, which can't be used with free external effects. So full version users would have an advantage against the free version users.

@V'ger
As far i know, AU format is for MAC users, mate. No?

Have a good day :)

I doubt I'll have the patience for more than 8 mod slots!

evo2slo - we gotta stop meeting like this :D
Don't know if I'm in just yet - my fiance is (hopefully) flying in for a week at the end of the month (we have been living on opposite ends of the U.S. for over 5 years!) - I'll be taking some time off, so I may end up with a half-baked track.

That said, I already know Dune to be easy-to-use, awesome-sounding, and pretty damned bug free, so not having to fight tech issues may push me in the direction of doing something.

JoeCat wrote:That said, I already know Dune to be easy-to-use, awesome-sounding, and pretty damned bug free, so not having to fight tech issues may push me in the direction of doing something.
The only bug i found with Dune, any version, is hang up notes when playing with QWERTY keyboard on FL Studio. Just that.
Not a big problem. You just push the correct hang up note on the GUI keyboard, and the note will be set to off again.
Only is a bit annoying when you want to make a tour listening all the presets.

Have a good day and good luck :)

V'ger wrote:But not even the full DUNE version is for Mac VST, only AU it looks like:
http://www.synapse-audio.com/download.html
Strange... according to the manual that came with the BE version there is vst for mac:
Synapse wrote:Installation Mac
Dune comes with a dedicated installer applica- tion. Download and open the file named "Dune In- staller.dmg". Afterwards, double-click on the installer icon to begin the installation process. The installer will guide you through the necessary steps. The plu- gin files will be placed in the proper directories auto- matically. In contrast to the PC version you do not need to select any directories manually, as the plugin directories are identical for every Mac. The next time you start your host software Dune will appear in the AU and/or VST instrument list, depending on which format your host software supports.
It's a bit confusing, but regardless every mac user should be able to participate with the BE AU - even if not with DAW of choice. I'm looking forward to trying Dune out for the first time. :)

If anyone does know for certain if a mac vst exists for the Dune full version, I'd be curious to know. Couldn't figure it out from their website. The manual says there is, but it's odd that a demo doesn't exist for it...

edit:
there is mac vst version
http://www.kvraudio.com/news/synapse_au ... dune_15523

Even more prize goodies! Thanks to Richard of Synapse Audio :)

Synapse Audio : 1 DUNE full license

evo2slo wrote:edit:
there is mac vst version
http://www.kvraudio.com/news/synapse_au ... dune_15523
Ah, there's that cleared up, but only for the full version, the BE and CM versions or even the full version demo is AU only then.
IrionDaRonin wrote:The only bug i found with Dune, any version, is hang up notes when playing with QWERTY keyboard on FL Studio. Just that.
Not a big problem. You just push the correct hang up note on the GUI keyboard, and the note will be set to off again.
Think I saw somewhere that this also happens when inputting from a MIDI controller as well.

@Joe: that's a long long-distance relationship.. ;)

Return to “Instruments”