One-Synth-Challenge 42: Minimoog-V - Voting

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Time to vote for your top 5 tracks. All tracks are here.

RULES:
- Give 5 points to the track you think is best, 4 for second, then 3, 2 and 1.
- Voting is open to anyone.
- Last day for voting is 15th August (KVR time).
- If you have entered in the competition, you must vote to be eligible for prizes.
- No voting for yourself.
- Voters must have had 20 prior forum posts before start of the voting period, or participated in this month's contest.
- In the case of equal scores after voting, entries will be separated by how many 5 pts they got, then 4 pts and so on.

HOW TO VOTE:
You should allocate your votes, in a single post, in this thread ... something like this:

Artist zxy - Track zxy: 5
Artist xqy - Track xqy: 4
Artist zyx - Track zyx: 3
Artist zqx - Track zqx: 2
Artist qzx - Track qzx: 1

NOTE:
Reviews, however brief, are always welcome. Even if you can only find the time to add a short comment, then please do! ...it keeps the thread alive and encourages others to listen/vote.
Last edited by V'ger on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cool, can't miss this!
Will have a listen to every track and pick out my top 5.

Good luck everyone! :)

5p Jasinski - Feeling Free
4p Doc Jon - The Principle of Progress
3p Irion Da Ronin - Our Last Words of Love
2p bzur - A meditation
1p Photonic - wellcome mr.higgs

Quality of all the tracks was phenomenal! Still gotta choose only few.

:)
I will listen all the tracks tonight at home and cast my votes.

Notice new rules ; vote change is no longer allowed.
https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/rules

05 - Menegass - Disarmer Land Mine
04 - Waltercruz - Drowned
03 - Skyzone - The Perfect Butterfly
02 - Jasinsky - Feeling Free
01 - Z.prime - Lament

Good Luck to all participants

Hi guys, i was setting my votes from days ago to avoid taking too much time, i have lots of things to do this month.
Hard, as usual. 30 tracks was tough.

Here goes.
  • 1) Mulperi
    Precious and warm melodic song, this is what moves me. No more comments. My 5 points to you. On my playlist. Good work.
    2) Elipsis1
    Huge, agressive and... and... BOOM! I don't have any other word to describe this gritty basstard track. On my playlist.
    3) AdagioCM
    Evocative, i could see a robot awakening, specially in the end. Vangelisque. Nice chord progressions and melodies.
    4) Skyzone [Classical Flavour]
    Time to vote this productive guy who worth it. Loved the staccato violin melodies, my fave instrument. And the spacey composition.
    5) Bzur
    Relaxing, melodic, felt. What to say about Bzur? A nice track with great composition, as usual.
Portrait prize - Yeager and Z.Prime.
Risk theme (unique track) prize - Key88 -
Title prize - Jasinski [Feeling Free] - Bumtu [Digital Nomad]

Honorable mentions

Jasinski - Great, well mastered, stunning production and quality, but i felt like if i was listening your 38 OSC track again. Keep the good work in any case.
Doc Jon - The second part of the track is the side of Jon's music i like. Keep doing nice retro tracks, bro.
Bumtu - The awesomeness made into Dub. I never heard too many Dub, but i think i will like a bit more from now thanks to this track. Lovely filtered dub delays and percs.
Photonic - Super Moogish and classic. Nice band in a box into a Moog V synthesizer. Well done.
Z.Prime - It is nice to listen new waveforms from Z.Prime time to time. A great track behind a great thoughtful artist. Stunning basslines and percs.
Nikp2000 with V5 - Mesmerizing voices and precious harmonic resonances in my brain. Hipnotic and great.
Third Floor - Nice minimalistic moogy track.

Sorry, no more time for comments, guys. In a hurry. Maybe later.

Have a good day and good luck everyone :)

AdagioCm - Hello OSC - 5 points
Jasinski- Feeling Free (Arturia Mini V OSC entry) - 4 points
Irion Da Ronin - Our Last Words of Love - 3 points
APZX - Veiled Journey - 2 points
Skyzone - The perfect butterfly - 1 points

Skyzone has made a bunch of cool tracks, hard to pick one.

Good luck everyone!

Some excellent submissions.

First off, special mention goes to Skyzone. Some pretty fantastic pieces. Also, evo2solo that track was just a lot of fun to listen to. But alas I can only pick five and my tops are:

5 Pts to Doc John's The Principle of Progress: Kinda got a feelin' of JMJ with it, but the percussion is just freakin' fantastic. That pluck is simply awesome too, piercing but not too much. Indeed quite a JMJ feel with some of the sounds and the way they're used and played (just like Adagiocm the second half reminds me a bit of Oxygene).

4 Pts to Bzur's Meditation : Wonderful ambience and overall feel. Truly an atmospheric piece that picks up quite a bit of energy in the middle then has a nice little fade off at the end.

3 Pts to Photonic's Wellcome Mr Higgs : I love those synth brass sounds! Excellent sound choice with a great vibe. Also, towards the end with those breathy chords, simply wonderful.

2 Pts to AdagioCm's Hello OSC : Interesting, with a very JMJ sounding bit to it (Oxygene kinda stuff). Quite a nice sound.

1 Pt to Oopfoo's Another Chance : Nice lighthearted beginning. Simple understated sound with a nice texture to it. Really digging the softness about it. Really this track just got me liking it. Seriously, I really liked it.

I wish I could award more points because there are some other really excellent pieces, such as Elipsis1's Propitiation, which while not exactly my cup of tea was a fantastic piece of work in its own right. Or Menegass' Disarmer Land Mine. Just so hard to pick 5.
nox ad umbras lucem misit.

1. Jasinski - Feeling Free (5 pts)
2. Doc Jon - The Principle of Progress (4 pts)
3. Irion Da Ronin - Our Last Words of Love (3 pts)
4. AdagioCM - Hello OSC (2 pts)
5. elipsis1 - Propitiation (1 pt)

and the rest of my top ten…
RuediRena - Devil's Playground
bzur - A meditation
Yeager - Fosbury Flop
z.prime - Lament
papatomany - the banished satyr

It was hard to choose, many interesting
contributions, but here it goes:

Jasinski - Feeling Free (5 pts)
AdagioCm - Hello Osc (4 pts)
evo2slo - Moog Me Baby (3 pts)
Oopfoo - Another Chance (2 pts)
z.prime - Lament 1 pts)

-------------------------------
====================
Ricardo Menegasso
====================

Hi all

5Pts - Elipsis - Propitiation
4Pts - Zprime - Lament
3Pts - Jesinsky - Feeling Free
2Pts - Irion da Ronin - Our Last Words of Love
1Pt - Bzur - A Meditation

HMs
1 - Bumtu - Digital Nomad
2 - DocJon - The Principle of Progress
3 - Evo2slo - Moog Me Baby
4 - Third Floor - Minibob
5 - Nikp 2000 - V8

Very nice & cool Tracks this month .Thank you guys

Irion Da Ronin - Our Last Words of Love: 5
Janinski - Feeling Free: 4
Mulperi - In the Rain (miniV mix): 3
bzur - A meditation: 2
Yeager - Fosbury Flop: 1

Notes:

MOST IMPORTANT: Don't feel bad if you don't get any votes or don't win, what I have learned in my life making music, is this: as long as you like it, that is all that matters!

Irion Da Ronin surprised me with this track, I really got lost in it. Very cinematic, and he is a master of melody :) Also, very expressive and played with loads of passion!

Janinski's track was very Skrillex like IMHO, and that is not a bad thing, a lot of work went into this track as far as splitting up the parts to be shared among many different Mini V instances I'm sure. It was a cool track, very modern sounding.

Mulperi's track was bliss. Very delicate and beautiful. A tranquil piece nicely done.

bzur had a very laid back and beautiful piece as well, nicely mixed and very tranquil. Guess you can tell I like ambient music by a lot of my choices here.

Yeager, nicely done! I hope saying this reminded me of my first radio days in the 80s is a compliment? I really loved your arrangement of these sounds, it was triggering memories of my youth! Great work.

There were plenty of great entries, thank you all for sharing. Much love to you all.

elipsis1 wrote: MOST IMPORTANT: Don't feel bad if you don't get any votes or don't win, what I have learned in my life making music, is this: as long as you like it, that is all that matters!
Which is the spirit of OSC, I think :) Moreover, I consider it as a music school, where everyone is a teacher and a student.

Narrowed the list down to 7, now it's getting really tuff! :-o

Return to “Instruments”