Cumulus CM

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No problem; enjoy Cumulus!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

I got my hands on an issue of Computer Music in a bookshop the other day...and the DVD in the back had been taken out, of course...

Files (and directories) in Cumulus are unsorted in the sample loading widget. This is a bit of pain, when you're working with lots of samples. Please fix this before the 1.1 update! :)

P.S. The problem appears on 64-bit Linux.

The problem wasn't actually limited to 64-bit Linux - it also occurred on the 32-bit version too. This bug was manifest because Linux file enumeration methods don't necessarily guarantee alphabetical order, unlike Mac OS X or Windows, so they needed to be sorted before display. I can confirm it's now fixed though!

( Would you like to get a fixed 1.0.x beta version with which you can confirm that this bug has been fixed? If so, just let me know and I can sort you out. )
Last edited by colin@loomer on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

mattmitch wrote:I got my hands on an issue of Computer Music in a bookshop the other day...and the DVD in the back had been taken out, of course...
Aw man, bad luck! I think Computer Music have an email address somewhere in the magazine (check the pages with the DVD contents listed) that you can contact if your DVD is missing? I assume they'll send you a gratis replacement copy.

mattmitch wrote:I never see an issue of Computer Music in a store...any chance of Cumulus being made available by some alternative method?
The contents of the Computer Music DVD, which includes CumulusCM, can now be downloaded by digital subscribers. More information about this can be found here. For those who can't find the magazine stocked locally, a digital purchase of any issue from CM 182 onwards comes with access to the CM digital content vault.

Linux users, beware. This new CM vault has a couple of downloads entitled "The CM Studio - PC" and "The CM Studio - Mac". I have downloaded both archives and they don't include the Linux binaries for Cumulus (unlike the CM DVD).

CPB, is this possible to include Linux versions in the download vault as well?

I'll check this with Computer Music. They certainly have permission to distribute the Linux version of Cumulus via the download vault. Does anyone know if there is other Linux compatible software on the CM DVD, or is Cumulus the only one?

Theres EnergyXT-Core
ZZZzzZZzz..zz....zzzzz
My SoundCloud

I've let the Computer Music staff know about this; hopefully they'll get the Linux content up for digital subscribers soon.
Theres EnergyXT-Core
Thanks! I thought there was some other Linux native stuff on the CM DVD, but couldn't recall what it was.

Computer Music inform me that the Linux content from the DVD will be available for download from the next issue (CM183) onwards.

CPB wrote:Computer Music inform me that the Linux content from the DVD will be available for download from the next issue (CM183) onwards.

I was just looking for Cumulus for linux, so it's nice to see it will be available for download on issue 183. Going to buy it for sure!

Thanks! Has anyone got CM 183 yet? If so, can they confirm/deny that the Linux content is now available in the digital download vault?

I bought it, but don't have it yet.
I'll see if download of cumulus for linux is included.
i'll hope i have it in beginning of next week.

Cumulus CM crashes Studio One v.2 for me.

Any others seeing this behavior?

Return to “Loomer”