ableton live help.

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello people.

so im trying to figure out how to set up the pulse editor in ableton live, but really have no idea how to do it.

i can get the pulse to work without the editor, but as soon as i put the editor on the midi channel i get no sound.

I have it set up on channel 8, so i select that channel at the top of the pulse editor, but get nothing.

would someone please be kind enough to do me a step by step guide to getting the editor working in ableton live.

tried it but no luck.

i really dont understand why its not working.

i route it as it says and i can see in the pulse editor what note is being played so i assume midi is being sent, I just cant hear any audio?

Hmmm I'm not sure, you may have found a bug, can you try setting your midi controller keyboard to channel 1 to see if that works? There was a bug a while back which I thought I'd fixed where the input controller had to be set to channel 1. If that's the problem I'll look into it.

You could also try using another external or vst instrument to make sure that midi is being sent.

hi

still no luck

there is defo midi being sent, because when i turn the knobs on my keyboard i can see it moving on the pulse controller. i basicly just have no audio coming from it.

Which OS are you using?

Have you tried it in Cantabile Lite? Also did you try it with another synth software or hardware just to verify if notes are actually being sent?

I've been full on developing lately, but next week I will have some time to get to the bottom of it if you want to contact me by email :)

Hi!

I downloaded the demo, put it into the VST plug-ins folder, but when Live starts up it gives me an error message and then it shuts down. On the second attempt it displayed a message saying that the pulse control originated an error and will be ignored from now on.

What is it that I'm doing wrong? The pulse control looks pretty cool with all the new features it adds to the synth, so if can make the demo work, I'd like to be able to use the full version in Live.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

It works fine in Live here on XP/Win7, the only issues I can think of is that the plugin needs to write to it's directory and so if your vstplugin folder is inside the Program Files Directory (Win7/Vista) you have to give permission. Alternatively you can just create a VSTplugin directory somewhere else on your hard drive and add that to the Live options. The only other reason is that I've seen in the past that Live doesn't like long paths with plugins so perhaps you could try putting the Pulse Control folder in the root of your vstplugin folder.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks for answering!

I'm running Win7. I've moved the plug in directory to the desktop and the error message pops up again. Never happened before with any other plug in that I've used. If the path was too large, it would be the same problem for all the plug ins, wouldn't it?

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”