What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  
dburgan
KVRian

1127 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby dburgan; Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:30 am Emagic Space Designer Presets

One of the Spirit Canyon Audio customers has graciously donated Spectral Relativity presets for Emagic Space Designer to make it easier to use within Spectral Relativity.

If you're a Space Designer user, pick up the file here:

http://www.spiritcanyonaudio.com/contrib.php

Thanks to Smeet for contributing this to the community!
dburgan
KVRian

Postby dburgan; Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:22 pm

Space Designer presets have also been contributed for Kaleidoskopy, at the same URL.
Loopy C
KVRist

95 posts since 7 May, 2004

Postby Loopy C; Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:20 am

I have been unable to get these to work. I assumed that the IR's would be put in the same folder as other user IR's but it still asks me to locate each IR in Space Designer. Is it possible to detail the exact paths to work in Logic 7.1?
Loopy C
KVRist

Postby Loopy C; Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:16 am

Hmmm, I guess it's just certain IR's that do this, there seems to be a few in each collection. Would'nt you know I happened on these particulary ones when I was trying to get the presets working and was mislead into thinking it was the folder structure. I will post if I figure out why certain IR's need to be manually loaded while others in the same folder work fine. Anyway, should not forget to thank the creators of these presets, your hard work is appreciated :wink:
dburgan
KVRian

Postby dburgan; Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:14 am

If you fix any errant presets and have the time, please send me back the complete set of presets (including fixed ones) and I'll post it on the web site for others. Thanks!
simplesimon
KVRer

22 posts since 7 Jul, 2005, from UK

Postby simplesimon; Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:42 am

Any news on this guys, or perhaps there is a quicker way we can automate the process?

I'd really like to get these IRs if I can get them in the Logic preset menu

I've heard that the Sanitarium Logic presets don't work very well at all

:-)
dburgan
KVRian

Postby dburgan; Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:44 am

simplesimon wrote:Any news on this guys, or perhaps there is a quicker way we can automate the process?

I'd really like to get these IRs if I can get them in the Logic preset menu

I've heard that the Sanitarium Logic presets don't work very well at all

:-)

Unfortunately I'm not going to be much help here since I'm neither a Logic nor a Mac user. Can anyone shed any light?
Loopy C
KVRist

Postby Loopy C; Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:17 pm

Honestly, it would jut be a matter identifying naming issues I think. The reason I never bothered is it is just as easy to use the 'Load' IR' button. The presets contain no other data concerning Space Designer's parameters, all they were doing were loading the IR from the pop up menu. In my case, it is even more convenient to 'Load IR' because if I bypass the '& Initialize' option I can try various IR's with things like 'Sample Rate' (which I often half or quarter), low end cut off, envelope settings, etc maintained. The preset's in my usage would mainly be handy as a start point for customized patches (basically just saving the time to type in the name!). For organizing, it would be handier than cruising the folders through navigation services but barely a hiccup for my muse.

If you are waiting to buy the IR's because of this issue, DON'T. Buy them now! The presets have very little bearing on actually using the IR's. To date, I have yet to actually get through all the IR's I think and I use them all the time! (I own all of the sets) There is so much to explore and experiment with that the idea of a preset is a minor organizational issue, far surpassed by the otherwise ease of use anyway and unique abilities the IR's will add to the toolkit. IMHO of course ;-)
Loopy C
KVRist

Postby Loopy C; Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:22 pm

btw, it is a small number which don't work. It originally was because some IR's were saved in floating point (which Space Designer won't see) and, as I said an occasional naming issue. I batch processed the IR's in Sound Grinder to solve the format issue and whatever fell through the cracks is a small percentage. All that to say, the presets on my system mostly work, I just don't use them, opting for the advantages mentioned above ;-)
dburgan
KVRian

Postby dburgan; Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:45 pm

Loopy C wrote:btw, it is a small number which don't work. It originally was because some IR's were saved in floating point (which Space Designer won't see) and, as I said an occasional naming issue. I batch processed the IR's in Sound Grinder to solve the format issue and whatever fell through the cracks is a small percentage. All that to say, the presets on my system mostly work, I just don't use them, opting for the advantages mentioned above ;-)

If you'll let me know which IRs won't load in Space Designer, I'll be happy to take a look at them and see if I inadvertently saved them in a goofy format .... ?
Loopy C
KVRist

Postby Loopy C; Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:02 am

I think it was only the Sanitarium ones (which were outsourced if I remember correctly). I would have to reload them from CD to tell you exactly which ones, I just opened them all up in Sound Grinder and was able to see at a quick glance what the problem was.

If I get a break I will try to open the CD again and let you know.
aMUSEd
KVRAF

19648 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:58 pm

Did anyone get these working? I was looking for some Space Designer presets for these.
aMUSEd
KVRAF

Postby aMUSEd; Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:39 am

I realise this is an old thread but...
aMUSEd
KVRAF

Postby aMUSEd; Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:01 am

Anyone?
dburgan
KVRian

Postby dburgan; Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:36 am

aMUSEd wrote:Did anyone get these working? I was looking for some Space Designer presets for these.

Sorry, but I don't own a Mac or Space Designer, so I have no way of testing this. Hoping someone in the community who uses it can respond ...
Next

Return to Spirit Canyon Audio