Login / Register  0 items | $0.00New @ What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Problem with Broomstick Bass & Win 7 64

Official support for: bornemark.se

Moderators: robin@bornemark, Sven Bornemark

1 post since 19 Aug, 2012

Postby Cheshirsky; Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:25 am Problem with Broomstick Bass & Win 7 64

Hello! I try to use Broomstick Bass with FL Studio & Win 7 (64), but it doesn't work. It gives the error: Could not find factory sample library. Please re-install Broomstick Bass. Re-installation doesn't help with it. What's wrong? Help!
33 posts since 17 Jun, 2006, from Amsterdam, Netherlands

Postby EdHart; Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:29 am Re: Problem with Broomstick Bass & Win 7 64

I found a solution to let Broomstick Bass work with Win 7.
Go to (translated from Dutch) Start / Config / User account / change settings / to left there is a fader, put it in the lowest position .
Now Broomstick Bass works.
10 posts since 7 Jul, 2010

Postby DeZeA; Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:38 am Re: Problem with Broomstick Bass & Win 7 64

I've had this problem and, after some debugging since I have some reverse engineering background, I've found out that the problem is that from time to time the "InstallDir" key from the registry gets deleted (I use frequenty a registry cleaner tool, maybe this tool wrongly wipes out the InstallDir entry from the registry - or maybe it's Win7 itself that does some unexpected things)

All you have to do is create a "InstallDir" string value at this location:

and then, in the Value data field corresponding to the field value, you enter the exact path of the library (without the file name).. eg:

Hope this is helpfull for anyone experiencing the same issue. This is a great VST btw which I've purchased since it's worth all the money.
New version of In TUNE Hits released - the first drum samples library which has the sounds organized by pitch !
Visit http://www.drumhits.biz to read more about this 18.500 drum sounds library.

Moderators: robin@bornemark, Sven Bornemark

Return to Bornemark