Oxium Official Thread Xils-Lab [ Flash Sale 50% until Jan 3rd 2019 ]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Inspired By Jupiter 8 Oxium

Oxium is a performance oriented synthesizer, offering both classic instruments with a pure analog sound and modern ones, with neverseen real time modulations capabilities, allowing you to play a synthesizer in some musical ways you could never have imagined.

Due to its simple and intuitive user interface Oxium is fast and easy to operate :

Classic instruments : Use up to 8 Xils-lab thick and singing oscillator wave forms per patch (2 main oscillators with up to 4 waveforms stack) and shape them with the double filter structure. The main filter unit uses Xilslab 3rd generation zero-delay feedback filter with self-oscillation is each mode, while the second offers a voweliser formant mode in addition to high-pass, band-pass and low-pass modes.

Modern instruments : In addition to the LFOs with cumulative waveforms, the three D-ADSR envelopes, Oxium includes our brand new Le Masque modulator in its last incarnation, with many additional features : It has now 16 freely drawable zones, horizontal and vertical quantize modes, two level parameters, a zoom mode (up to 32 bars long) and, of course, you can save, load and exchange your Masque patterns.

Intuitive User Interface : Oxium interface is based on a new "Flower" design and IVF (Instant Visual Feedback) concept. "Flower" design for the oscillators, filter, LFOs and glide blocks means that you can understand the structure of a whole block after a simple glance (IVF), making Oxium fun, fast and easy to understand and to master. In addition, all the modulations are handled in a central page, with additional easy knobs, including usual musical gestures prepatched: It has never been so easy to add a Vibrato, a Tremolo or an AutoWha to your sound. ( Just move ONE knob )

Serial number protection : Oxium is protected by a simple serial number (No dongle, no C/R ).

Two different skins to fit your current feeling ! ( Orange and grey )

Oxium detailed features :

Core Modules

• 2 Cumulative modelled analog Oscillators ( up to 8 WaveForms per patch ). PWM for all waveforms ( Aliasing-free Saw, Triangle, Pulse and Square ) . Advanced Glide/Portamento mode per Oscillator/ Hard Sync and Ring modulation between Oscillators.
    3rd Generation Zero-Delay-Feedback filters, self resonnance for all modes ( LP 24/12, BP6/12, HP)
    Additional second filter to choose between Formant Filter, LP , BP, HP with cut/off/Voyel, and emphasis/articulation settings.
    Flexible Double Mixer architecture ( one per filter ) with fully configurable serial or parralel modes
Modulators

• 3 freely assignable DsyncADSR envelopes. Loop Mode for EV 2/3.
    3 Multi cumulative waveform LFOs with Mono/Poly mode, Midi Syncable, Delay, Fade in, and note retrig mode parameters
    Exclusive and unique 2nd generation Le Masque modulator, with 16 freely drawable zones ( masks). Each mask has two level parameters, can trigg envelopes, or be envelope controled, the grid has vertical and horizontal snap modes. Zoom Mode.Patterns can be saved, loaded. 3 Trigger modes.
    Central Modulation Environment : 6 freely assignable pairs of source/target parameters, 3 additional prewired pairs for common musical gestures ( Vibrato, Tremoloe, Autowha ), 6 harwired slots for real time controlers ( Mod Wheel, Pitch Bend+ and Pitchbend-, Aftertouch, Breath Controler. Additional Hardwired modulations like direct PWM modulation on main panel.
    All parameters are Midi Controlable.
Music Playing

• Advanced Poly/Mono Arpegiattor, with fully configurable note order, Gate and swing parameters
    11 Play Modes ( 5 Poly/6 Mono) allowing multiple keyboard playing techniques, including monolegato modes ( v1.0)
    Deep integration and interaction between Play modes, Arpegiattor modes, modulations and per voice sound engine for organic and expressive instruments.
    Up to 6 voices Unisson with exclusive Tune spray parameter, Oscillator drift and Output Vintage parameters to model several aspects of analog hardware synthesisers, unique Modulation randomiser : Use these 4 parameters to create or customise "big as life" instruments.
    250 first class presets created by 10 Sound Designers, more than 10 init presets.
Effects

New Stereo Delay with CrossFeedback and Damp feedback. exclusive BBD Vintage Chorus. Phaser, and Flexible Double EQ with emphasis.

User Interface

• Instant Visual Feedback UI Concept based on exclusive Flower Design of Oscillators , LFOs, Filters and Glide blocks for Instant Visual Feedback of synthesizer modules.
    Exclusive Intelligent Information Feedback Panel : You'll find here all the informations usefull to understand a patch, and how its done, in order to modify or adapt it to context. These informations are built on the fly.
    Content and preset management : Exclusive and fast Double Criteria Search Engine : Find the right patch for your tracks in seconds, build your own favorites soundbanks, project, CD or Live soundbanks, and export them with a single click. Cross platform preset format.
    A/B compare slots
    Two skins to fit with your current feeling
More informations :

Oxium Features

Oxium Demo

And you can even buy it

The Intro Price is 69€ ( Msrp 99€ ) ( Valid until September 5th )

Demo limitations :

No preset or project saving.
No bank import or export.
No automation.
No date limit. Time limit after 20mn ( you have to reload Oxium )
No serial number required

Thanks for reading, have a nice day

Xils-Lab Teama
Last edited by Lotuzia on Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:52 am, edited 27 times in total.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

( Reserved for Audio and Video material )

Let the sound speak for itself and listen to Oxium : 12 minisongs and dozens of clips of separate instruments in isolation

Oxium Tracks

Separate instruments in isolation

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Cool! Glad to see the intro price has been extended...thought I missed the deadline for it. I'll definitely be picking this up during the first week of September. Very important question, though: Am I able to license this on my Syncrosoft dongle or will I need to buy a Pace I-lock?
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

return of the lost thread, and l'bump.
btw love the orange gui, matches my microwave xt.

In the "old" thread Laurent asked about if i have a feature request and my answer was deleted. Here it is again:

I like to have "filter envelope amount" (e.g. for the Modwheel) as a mod destination as using the envelope level does not seem to deliver proper results so far.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

bluedad wrote:return of the lost thread, and l'bump.
btw love the orange gui, matches my microwave xt.

Thanks Bluedad :)

Yes not so much Orange synths. ( But still more than pink ones )

And thanks to you and Dan for recovering what could be recovered of the thread too :tu:

LtZ

Xenos wrote:Cool! Glad to see the intro price has been extended...thought I missed the deadline for it. I'll definitely be picking this up during the first week of September. Very important question, though: Am I able to license this on my Syncrosoft dongle or will I need to buy a Pace I-lock?
Thanks Xenos,

You dont need any dongle, Oxium is just serial protected.

As for the intro price, well we received a lot of demands to extend the intro price because people were either on holydays and could not get it or try the demo, either were a bit broke for a few of them. We choose the 5th September because we thought that everybody will be back from holydays at that time, so it seemed to be fair.

There's really not enough xils threads here, i'd like to see more...

This is the only one I see, maybe I need glasses 8)

Welcome in the only, pure, genuine, undoubtly official Xils-Lab Oxium thread.

Ingonator wrote:In the "old" thread Laurent asked about if i have a feature request and my answer was deleted. Here it is again:

I like to have "filter envelope amount" (e.g. for the Modwheel) as a mod destination as using the envelope level does not seem to deliver proper results so far.

Ingo
Thanks Ingo,

Well Nth order modulations (ie modulations of modulations) can take a lot of CPU, as almost everything in Oxium is done at audio rate by the per voice core audio engine.

This is why we prefered to allow modulation the envelope level atm. Maybe this new function needs to be a bit more refined.

As we now have tree view for all the modulation targets, it becomes more doable to add new modulation targets ( before the list was getting endless and too long )

So if some people want some new target modulations, they can post here a FR.

We plan to implement a few more in the next update, as well as check that the last ones, like the filter EV level, work ok. Once its done it will be possible to modulate it with MW as a source, as for all targets.

LtZ

Hi Laurent,
do you ever read your PM?

Nothing important but it was about the Oxium long ago... :)
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

oh cool... a new XILS synth without a dongle... (been away for a few months) downloading demo...

liquidsound wrote:Hi Laurent,
do you ever read your PM?

Nothing important but it was about the Oxium long ago... :)
Hi Liquidsound,

Thanks for your kind words, also about the presets.

I'm really sorry :oops: :oops: , I try to answer to all PMs, and I've received around 200 PMs since one month, and I saw I missed 3 including unfortunately yours, I'm warned by email when I received PMs, but I think I missed them because I received several in a row and only answered the first, or the last.

Hope you still enjoy Oxium :)

L.

pdxindy wrote:oh cool... a new XILS synth without a dongle... (been away for a few months) downloading demo...
Welcome back and thanks for trying it Pdxindy :)

Lotuzia wrote:
pdxindy wrote:oh cool... a new XILS synth without a dongle... (been away for a few months) downloading demo...
Welcome back and thanks for trying it Pdxindy :)
There is the joystick that has bend up and down and modwheel to the left... aftertouch is to the right... should say AT I think... not Exp which I would assume is the expression pedal. There are also 2 dedicated EXPR modulators in the modulation section. Those are also AT... I also think those should say AT or Pressure or something. EXPR again sounds like expression pedal.

Is there midi learn?

Also, If I have unison set to 4 and global voices set to 6, 2 notes will play... does one play unison 4 and the other 2? Or does each do 3?

I think I have the grid fairly figured out... but what exactly is happening when I click env2 on the grid page?

Oxium with no notes is using 30% cpu... in Live on OSX 10.6.8... a new instance does not do this but I do not want to delete this instance yet cause I will lose the sound I have at the moment...

Here is a quick example
http://draigathar.org/sounds/Oxium1.mp3

Return to “Instruments”