What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Prodyon's new Votox: Very impressive

Official support for: prodyon-virtual-gear.com

Moderator: sonicfire

BERFAB
KVRAF

5408 posts since 25 Mar, 2004

Postby BERFAB; Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:18 am Prodyon's new Votox: Very impressive

I wasn't really expecting too much here. Two days ago, I didn't even know that Prodyon was up and running again. Then I see that as a lifetime member, I'm entitled to get the new Votox Kontakt (v. 4 and up) library.

So I download it. Two clicks and all the .nki files are unpacked and installed. Very easy.

Then I start to play. And then...I see that this is a real quality library.

I'm not a tweaker, generally speaking, so I just page through the instruments as is. It is neatly divided into several categories: bass, synth, FX, Keys, Pads, etc. Instruments in every category have a lot of detail, and it is clear that a lot of attention has been paid to get some very rich, defined sounds.

For my style, the pads and keys/synth instruments get the most attention, and they are very cool. As it happens, I just upgraded to Padshop Pro, and I dare say that the Votox pads are as good or better than many of the Padshop presets.

This is not a haphazard collection of samples. This is a very interesting, unique, quality collection well worth a look.

Like I said, I wasn't really expecting much, and I was very pleasantly surprised.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...
KeithAdv
KVRist

48 posts since 18 Mar, 2006

Postby KeithAdv; Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:27 am

+1

That matched my experience exactly!
sonicfire
KVRAF

4055 posts since 7 May, 2004, from behind his workbench

Postby sonicfire; Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:21 am

Thanks very much! :)
recursive one
KVRist

454 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Postby recursive one; Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:16 am

Will the Votox library work in Kontakt Player of Komplete Elements?
sonicfire
KVRAF

4055 posts since 7 May, 2004, from behind his workbench

Postby sonicfire; Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:31 am

recursive one wrote:Will the Votox library work in Kontakt Player of Komplete Elements?

It should work in Kontakt Player! Not sure about Elements, though.
EvilDragon
KVRAF

10188 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:08 am

It will work in Kontakt Player (or Elements), but only for 15 minutes as a demo mode, since it's not a licenced Kontakt Player library. That costs money for the developer, and a lot of it.
murnau
KVRAF

2695 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from Deutschland

Postby murnau; Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:14 am

i'm not a lifetime member but bought votox (and a few other plugins in a bundle) in the past. where i can download the latest? thanx
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more” ― Nikola Tesla

Moderator: sonicfire

Return to Prodyon