Virtual instrument similar to Kaossilator?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everybody,
I'm now in a electro-duo (maybe trio!) project where electronic instruments will be used for improvisations and some real time looping/sequencing... some of the stuff I've never used before!

We're after something that could be used like the iKaossilator app on the iPad, something that can create grooves and modify them in real time by simply acting on an XY pad. The reason why we can't use just the iOS app is that we need to sync it to a sequencer, so the choice are 1) buy the real Kaossilator pro or 2) find a plugin/standalone that has similar functions.

Any help?

Thanks,
Guido.

PS: No, I'm not going to program this myself! ;)

ipad kaossilator. just awesome!

Mike

Karmacomposer wrote:ipad kaossilator. just awesome!

Mike
iKaossilator doesn't support MIDI out which the OP was looking for.

If you want to export audio as individual tracks from iKaossilator to your DAW you can.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHe5zTjjK00

ive been after a similar thing for a while, I havent found anything suitable.

One of these days im going to have to learn Reaktor and just try it myself...

gabebrunogarza1021 wrote:iKaossilator doesn't support MIDI out which the OP was looking for.
...and yet the OP doesnt mention MIDI out....
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

On another note:

Is there a Kaossilator-like VST for Windows, that let you use the regular touchpad on a laptop as control interface?

ZioKiller wrote:The reason why we can't use just the iOS app is that we need to sync it to a sequencer, so the choice are 1) buy the real Kaossilator pro or 2) find a plugin/standalone that has similar functions.
whyterabbyt wrote: ...and yet the OP doesnt mention MIDI out....
In order to "sync" you'll need some sort of MIDI out functionality.

The Kaossilator Pro has that
http://www.korg.com/kaossilatorpro

USB + MIDI provides versatility and compatibility
The KAOSSILATOR PRO offers standard MIDI IN/OUT connectors. In addition, the USB connector lets you use your computer to back up the loop recording data, or even drop loops into your favorite DAW. The KAOSSILATOR PRO can also control your software applications or an external MIDI device. The KAOSSILATOR PRO can send or receive MIDI clock.

The iKaossilator doesn't.

gabebrunogarza1021 wrote:
ZioKiller wrote:The reason why we can't use just the iOS app is that we need to sync it to a sequencer, so the choice are 1) buy the real Kaossilator pro or 2) find a plugin/standalone that has similar functions.
read it again.

especially the bit I highlighted.

He needs the plugin to sync to the sequencer. MIDI out will only send information from the plugin. It will not help receive any information.

How will the ack of the ability to send information from the plugin (or a Kaossilator) via a MIDI OUT have any affect on the plugin (or a Kaossilator) receiving sync information?

When the OP first wrote this thread, the second paragraph did not yet exist.

Mike

Karmacomposer wrote:When the OP first wrote this thread, the second paragraph did not yet exist.

Mike
My bad to you Mike.

whyterabbyt wrote:
gabebrunogarza1021 wrote:
read it again.

especially the bit I highlighted.

He needs the plugin to sync to the sequencer. MIDI out will only send information from the plugin. It will not help receive any information.

How will the ack of the ability to send information from the plugin (or a Kaossilator) via a MIDI OUT have any affect on the plugin (or a Kaossilator) receiving sync information?
Sorry, I meant to say MIDI IN/OUT not just OUT.
The Kaossilator Pro supports both ways.

The iKaossilator doesn't support MIDI IN/OUT.
Other iPad apps like the ThumbJam, AniMoog support both MIDI IN/OUT.

I think too that the OP may have just wanted that, MIDI IN/OUT.
I'm not sure he wanted syncing as in MMC controlling, but I could be wrong as well.

Numanoid wrote:On another note:

Is there a Kaossilator-like VST for Windows, that let you use the regular touchpad on a laptop as control interface?
http://www.livelab.dk/touchpad2midi.php

gabebrunogarza1021 wrote:Sorry, I meant to say MIDI IN/OUT not just OUT.
The Kaossilator Pro supports both ways.

The iKaossilator doesn't support MIDI IN/OUT.
Other iPad apps like the ThumbJam, AniMoog support both MIDI IN/OUT.

I think too that the OP may have just wanted that, MIDI IN/OUT.
I'm not sure he wanted syncing as in MMC controlling, but I could be wrong as well.
Okay, but the OP asked 'is there a plugin I can use instead of the iKaossilator because it doesnt sync' and your reply is 'the iKaossilator doesnt sync' :?: :?: :shrug:

whyterabbyt wrote:
Numanoid wrote:On another note:

http://www.livelab.dk/touchpad2midi.php
Thanks, but the download link seems unfortunately not to work?

whyterabbyt wrote:Okay, but the OP asked 'is there a plugin I can use instead of the iKaossilator because it doesnt sync' and your reply is 'the iKaossilator doesnt sync' :?: :?: :shrug:
Can't ya fix it with iRig or something?

Return to “Instruments”