What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

How to control Predator-RE Pitch & Gate via Thor Sequencer?

Official support for: robpapen.com

Moderators: Meffy, Concretefx, Rob Papen

tomoe97
KVRist

34 posts since 8 Feb, 2006

Postby tomoe97; Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:29 pm How to control Predator-RE Pitch & Gate via Thor Sequencer?

I can't figure out how to control Predator-RE's Pitch & Gate via Reason's Thor Step Sequencer. With other Reason synths, it's easy: connect Thor's Step Sequencer Note and Gate outputs to the destination synth's Sequencer Control CV and Gate inputs. It also works this way on the Korg Polysix rack extension. However, on the back of Predator-RE, there are 4 CV inputs and 6 Gate inputs (Arpeggiator, Trance-Gate, Envelope 1, Envelope 2, LFO 1, and LFO 2). I have tried connecting Thor's Gate output to Predator-RE's Gate inputs and then Thor's Note output to Predator-RE's CV 1 input, then routing CV 1 as a source to Main Pitch in Predator-RE's modulation section. However, this doesn't trigger any notes in Predator-RE, so something must be missing.

Any suggestions?
Concretefx
KVRAF

3529 posts since 6 Feb, 2003, from UK

Postby Concretefx; Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:46 pm

Hi there

Proper gate / note in, is something we need to add to Predator-RE, so it'll be in next update.

Cheers

Jon
tomoe97
KVRist

34 posts since 8 Feb, 2006

Postby tomoe97; Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:04 am

This is great to hear! I discovered that one way around this problem in the short term is to add Predator-SE to a Combinator and route Thor's Step Sequencer Note and Gate out to the Combinator's Note and Gate inputs. I've tried it and it works!

Moderators: Meffy, Concretefx, Rob Papen

Return to Rob Papen