I just bought a Juno 106 woohoo.

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes that's right, I am shamefully announcing my new bit of kit because I'm excited about it..

So jump on the band wagon, what bit of kit have you got recently that you are pleased about.
Imperfection is beauty.

Normally I hate adds, but not at KVR, look at all the the toys I can get.

Electronic Punk - Group @ Soundcloud

shalako wrote:what bit of kit have you got recently
Not got yet, but I would deffo turn gay for a bit of the Hoff.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Congrats! So how does it compare? :-)
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Timfonie wrote:Congrats! So how does it compare? :-)
I love this synth, it has a sound all of it's own. This is actually my second one... The first one bit the dust a few years back.
Imperfection is beauty.

Way Cool. I've had a lot of Roland stuff thru the years (sample based) I grew so tired of it all.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

I've got a 106, need to have the voice chip repair done though. doesn't take too long before it starts to crackle.

I used to own one years ago (if i squint real hard i can still see all my old hardware) used to get a phat sound from it by running it through a Boss Compressor pedal phat n punchy have fun bro nice buy
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

I had one in really good condition that I sold for £400 5 years or so back. It's the only bit of kit I ever regret selling. I love the sound of them.

I picked up an Emu ESQ-1 for $2 at a fundraiser sale a couple of weeks ago. It has something wrong with a bank of 8 keys, the volume and data faders need to be replaced, and the battery needs to be replaced. I found the faders on-line for a couple of bucks each. I doubt I'll have any problems getting a replacement battery. The thing that worries me, is the 8 keys that aren't working. I love the SQ8L vst, so I suspect that I'll like this ESQ-1 once I get it repaired. :-)

Granted, it's no Juno, but at least this digital hybrid has true analog filters, which isn't too bad. Congrats on your Juno though! :-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

audiojunkie wrote:I picked up an Emu ESQ-1 for $2 at a fundraiser sale a couple of weeks ago. It has something wrong with a bank of 8 keys, the volume and data faders need to be replaced, and the battery needs to be replaced.
That's Ensoniq ESQ-1. And the faders are always dodgy on those anyway. Any repair cost will certainly be offset by the $2(!) pricetag, congrats (I used to have an ESQ-1 and now have a Fizmo).

audiojunkie wrote: It has something wrong with a bank of 8 key
Have you go another midi synth/keyboard or you can use a sequencer instead, just depends on if you want to play it.

I had a Mirage at one point, I actually threw it away not realizing the real value of it's sound. Did the same thing with a Yamaha RX7 drum machine.
I still have a Yamaha FB01 though... that has an awesome sound.

The one synth I regret getting in the first place is the GEM S2, I still have it, but the sound is so awful it makes me cringe when I hear it. I also had a Juno-G for a while but I sold it because soft synths have well surpassed it in quality and sound.
Imperfection is beauty.

Mr Arkadin wrote:
audiojunkie wrote:I picked up an Emu ESQ-1 for $2 at a fundraiser sale a couple of weeks ago. It has something wrong with a bank of 8 keys, the volume and data faders need to be replaced, and the battery needs to be replaced.
That's Ensoniq ESQ-1. And the faders are always dodgy on those anyway. Any repair cost will certainly be offset by the $2(!) pricetag, congrats (I used to have an ESQ-1 and now have a Fizmo).
Sorry. I have absolutely no idea why I said "Emu!" I'm actually quite embarrassed I said that, since I knew it was Ensoniq. :oops:

Any idea what the repair costs are likely to be to get things back in good shape?

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

I had a Juno 60 for a while, but it was too big for my studio - sold for $400. What wonderful sound it had though. I will always miss it.

Now I bought the Korg Microkey 61 controller and the Nanocontrol 2 knobs which also came with a bunch of Korg Legacy emus.. M1 seems rather useful.. :)

I've got an ESQ-1; also a Mirage rack, but I had an electronic tech I worked with replace the midi-in port, and it never worked properly since. Had an FB01, but gave it and a Clavinova to a friend of my daughter who was trying to start a band.

Lovely Juno 106. I have once since 1987. Two chips slowly died but have been replace at very low cost. And calibration did wonders too!

Just for your information, besides some commercial software, there are nice editors for the Juno 106 (because the beauty of it is that its MIDI implementation is extremely complete).

Editor standalone:
http://www.jarvik7.net/juno-106/ (requires Java JRE to be installed)

Editor for Ableton Live / Max for Live:
http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device.php?id=220

And check this out as well, it is crazy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPjgzmwjHL8

Cheers
Fabrizio / June74
http://www.fabriziopoce.com

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”