SampleTank for iPhone/iPad Updated to v1.2

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like a lot of the sounds in Sampletank iOS, but I use a lot of wind and bowed string instruments. This is one area where Sampletank is not adequate for what styles I write. I don't really use the included patterns either, and I guess that puts me in the minority. Maybe I'm expecting too much, or am not the intended user of Sampletank.

To be fair, I use a wind controller to write parts on PC for wind and other orchestral instruments, which adds a lot of life to the playability, but overloads most synth apps with excessive CC data.

I hope that soon I'll be able to use the EWI more easily with Sampletank and other iOS synths. CC support is coming along, but I just don't have the time to babysit scaling of CC messages for many iOS instruments currently.
"All generalizations are false".
"Don't quantize me bro"!

We look forward to enhancing SampleTank iOS in many ways for many different musicians! I'd love to hear some music you have done with your EWI controller, any videos? I've seen them online, but never seen anybody actually use one.
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

Redje wrote:I tried using it with the camera connection kit + M-Audio keystation mini 32.
Unfortunately it didn't work
I am using the CCK with M-Audio Oxygen and it works great. Be sure the MIDI channels match up. The MIDI Out of your Keystation should be the same as the MIDI Channel in SampleTank. In SampleTank, go to the parts tab where it shows all four sounds at once. There is a little number in each square. That is the current MIDI channel for playing that sound. By default, the MIDI channels start at 1, but you can change these by swiping your finger over it. It's possible your Keystation is set to a different MIDI channel.

I think GarageBand is OMNI, so it receives on all MIDI channels for input.

ObiK wrote:We look forward to enhancing SampleTank iOS in many ways for many different musicians! I'd love to hear some music you have done with your EWI controller, any videos? I've seen them online, but never seen anybody actually use one.
Progress is coming along pretty well on these iOS apps so I'm being patient. I'll bet within a year I'll be able to perform with just my iPad and the EWI and Handsonic.
I do have a live video that I'm editing down currently. For a live video the sound is surprisingly good. I guess I will have to start a YouTube account darnit.
"All generalizations are false".
"Don't quantize me bro"!

Yup, everything is changing so fast its hard to keep up sometimes! Im excited to see your vid, are you using SampleTank in it?
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

Does anyone use the M Audio Mini32 controller?

I cant get it to work with Sampletank.
It works flawless in Garageband.

As long as it is Core MIDI compatible it should work fine with SampleTank iOS. Please contact our support for more help if you are having issues making it work.

Issue got solved through support.
The keyboard didn't default to channel 1.
Had to lookup with the manual to default it.
Also you need to switch between channel 1-4 to get the sound form ABCD.
Never used channel change in any program before.

So it works like a champ now.

Is Sampletank half price at the moment? I noticed that the app itself is $9.99 and the all sounds pack is $19.99

SirKen wrote:Is Sampletank half price at the moment? I noticed that the app itself is $9.99 and the all sounds pack is $19.99
Sorry I didn't see this - we started a promotion on November 1st where it (and the All Sounds in-app purchase) are 50% off http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/promos/?item_id=1675

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
SirKen wrote:Is Sampletank half price at the moment? I noticed that the app itself is $9.99 and the all sounds pack is $19.99
Sorry I didn't see this - we started a promotion on November 1st where it (and the All Sounds in-app purchase) are 50% off http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/promos/?item_id=1675
Are there any new sound packs coming? Also, What about Audiobus? :-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Not sound packs yet, but we did just release iGrand Piano. No new news there either, once we get some concrete info we'll let you know.

Please do the same you did to iGrand: more polyphony!

Nul

We do plan on improving SampleTank more in future updates.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”