Amplitube: discussion and wish-list.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Um, I don't think you are really understanding what I'm getting at. Of course my host can make a chain of effects, that is no big deal, what I am talking about is just sticking everything within one common GUI, nothing exactly revolutionary and really I could do this in MUX too but I'm just giving feedback to IK about what I'd like to see in their product. It is about the GUI mostly, something that would integrate third party plugins in their little VST hosting environment as if it were native to their plugin format, ie. if I have a phaser I like I could make a pedal GUi for it and control it as if it were a native Amplitude module, and place it anywhere in their effects chain.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

My response was more focused on T-RRacks, not Amplitube.
For my needs I wouldn't want to run third-party plugins within Amplitube. If anything, I prefer my amp emulations to be as simple as possible.
I do add plugins in the chain, but not within the amp emulator. Would I use that feature within Amplitube? Probably not. Of course, YMMV.

I would prefer to have some very basic stuff working in AT3, like a resizable GUI and mouse-wheel support. Or better sound quality. Some models sound awful. I don't care if they're a perfect emulation of the real amp or pedal if the original sounds awful, but that's just me :)
I still use AT3 for some Fender amps, and I understand that they did get it right with the Slash/Marshall model, but my money went to Scuffham and Plugin Alliance so no Vunter Slaush for me.
esoundz name: Helio

These are some awesome ideas here for the Custom Shop. Personally though, I use my FX chain in Reaper like a rack. I hardly use the T-Racks stand alone application. I just LOVE reaper and find it easier for my workflow.
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

ObiK wrote:These are some awesome ideas here for the Custom Shop. Personally though, I use my FX chain in Reaper like a rack. I hardly use the T-Racks stand alone application. I just LOVE reaper and find it easier for my workflow.
Exactly.
For my workflow it's also easier (and better) to use either the DAW or an audio editor to host my FX chain, as well as metering, visualizing, etc.

I like the idea of T-Racks as an integrated module, but that idea was good over 10 years ago when T-Racks came out. T-Racks 3 offered many improvements, but at the end of the day it doesn't facilitate my workflow and I find it rather limiting (no pun intended) compared to other approaches.
esoundz name: Helio

Well for me its about window management, with as many plugins within one window, levels get easier to manage, T-Racks has metering that you can view from all the plugins, it is just simple for me. Not that it is terribly hard in Reaper, I'm just saying, if you are looking for improvements for IK products...
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

True, which is why feature requests like this should be posted on the IK forums so our whole development team can see these requests first hand, but I understand. I REALLY like to float my windows though. I move them around with my workflow. Constant remind to get the mix done with things out and open I guess.
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

A.M. Gold wrote:+1 on the AT3 rotary speaker. One of the best around, IMO.

Edit: BTW, that was not intended to be a pun. :hihi:
I'm sorry I just noticed this.

would "wah wah" be redundant?

At any rate, yes they sound great.

Ha, I see what you did there...twice... :D

There's one feature of Line 6's offering that I particularly like and would love to see in Amplitube: When you select a device from a certain preset group, say distortions, there is a drop menu listing all the available distortion modules, it makes switching between different variants easy and though it is a small thing it did make a big difference for me.

Let the devs know on the IK forums. There are already a few threads on feature requests and changes users would like in AmpliTube.

new and more affordable prices on ikmultimedia site... but can't find an upgrade/crossgrade from t-racks standart do deluxe... waiting for announcement here on kvr forum.

waltercruz wrote:new and more affordable prices on ikmultimedia site... but can't find an upgrade/crossgrade from t-racks standart do deluxe... waiting for announcement here on kvr forum.
Well that's good, it always seemed a little absurd to have sky-high normal prices and crazy sale prices. I'd love to see the prices on the ala carte stuff in the custom shop reflect the reduced cost of the Fender stuff.

New pricing announced with our Total Workstation 3 Bundle!

ObiK, what is your favorite orange cab, for the German gain.How about mics.
I'm liking the tiny terror cab,And the PPC 112 pcOB.Ive spent hours, moving mic arround, then going back, re-adjusting tone controls.I'm also interested in the fender champ from the custom shop.

I really like the Tiny Terror cab, but the new Slash Marshall cabs have been getting a lot of use on my guitar tracks lately...

Return to “Effects”