new Granite version available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Granite users, just saw the mail notification in my inbox. Nice to see that Granite is still updated! Always liked that little granular thing.

From New Sonic Arts:

Granite 1.3 is now available, featuring a new integrated file browser and other enhancements.
* Integrated file browser
* "Save with Samples" option to create monolithic patches

http://www.newsonicarts.com/index.php
Last edited by Neon Breath on Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never heard about Granite before, might pick it up once I got some cash saved.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

I LOVE Granite! The new file browser is exactly what this amazing synth needed. For ambient/drone/general all around creepiness, this is the best little swiss army knife of a plugin I've got.

Things can get out of hand pretty quick in Granite... :-o now all it needs is a panic button!!! :hihi:

Yes, very cool and surprising little granular beast. The sample browser is a nice addition indeed.

I still miss having a true stereo sample playing, it's still mono and it's quite a flaw for this type on granular synth I think. Would love to have a random cycle (lfo) added too to the bunch.

hooked my QuNeo to control this yesterday and hit one little wall; anyone know if there's a way to get the start/end loop position under MIDI (CC or otherwise) control?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:hooked my QuNeo to control this yesterday and hit one little wall; anyone know if there's a way to get the start/end loop position under MIDI (CC or otherwise) control?
That's the most important missing feature: you can't automate those damn things.
let's hope it will come, some day!

I suggest you getting directly in touch with James and ask him, I helped him few times with some testing when I had trouble with dual motinor setup, nice & easy going guy: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/profile.p ... e&u=234608

or simply from the website: http://www.newsonicarts.com/index.php?page=info

Totolitoto wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:hooked my QuNeo to control this yesterday and hit one little wall; anyone know if there's a way to get the start/end loop position under MIDI (CC or otherwise) control?
That's the most important missing feature: you can't automate those damn things.
dang. i hope it does. the multi-touch Long Slider on the QuNeo would work well for setting both, as it can send a CC based on a 'single-touch' location, or different one based on a 'two-touch' width.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
Totolitoto wrote:
dang. i hope it does. the multi-touch Long Slider on the QuNeo would work well for setting both, as it can send a CC based on a 'single-touch' location, or different one based on a 'two-touch' width.

it's been a bit since i played around w/ this ...
i loaded up the new version ...

as you've noted , the loop points don't seem to be reporting
their parameters to the host ...

Glad to see people even talking about Granite.
It is one of the most simple yet versatile things I have discovered lately.
It is firmly #1 on my shopping list right now.

I am actually equally excited about where it may end up with updates. It is an incredible system of workflow theyve got there that could be expanded to make more complex operations very very easy. The GUI even has room...

I have some collab tracks going now with like eight instances in them. :hihi:
Its good for everything. Its hard to make it sound bad ffs.

(And of course, drag/drop from FLs sample browser right into Granite...:love:)
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:The GUI even has room...
Yes there is! :D ...And seeing it's stil updated, I can see a bright future for this little gem.

I think this is the same question asked above but is there no way of connecting Granite up to an external controller without using Ableton? It isn't registering any parameters in Max and Audiomulch.

secretkillerofnames wrote:I think this is the same question asked above but is there no way of connecting Granite up to an external controller without using Ableton? It isn't registering any parameters in Max and Audiomulch.
I just checked in Audiomulch and the parameters are showing up under the "Parameter Control" context menu entry in Audiomulch. So it seems to be working ok...?

Regarding the requests to assign MIDI CC and automation to loop position, can't promise anything at this stage, but I must admit its a really popular request by now and it will be looked into for the next update (along with general improvements to the assignment workflow)
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

secretkillerofnames wrote:I think this is the same question asked above but is there no way of connecting Granite up to an external controller without using Ableton? It isn't registering any parameters in Max and Audiomulch.
Works fine in Kore 2 - I made a template for controlling it some time ago - the latest version is for the Mac AU:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5646041/Kore%2 ... mplate.ksd

but the Windows version should still work too (although I have not used it recently):

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5646041/Kore%2 ... mplate.ksd

newsonicarts wrote:
I just checked in Audiomulch and the parameters are showing up under the "Parameter Control" context menu entry in Audiomulch. So it seems to be working ok...?
On Mac the AU is not showing any params in Mulch.
Last edited by aMUSEd on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”