Honey bee had a good day (electronic)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all,

Finished this today. All synth sounds are from a Tiptop Audio Z3000, with help from a Wiard Borg Filter. Effects are Fabfilter Timeless 2 and Valhalla Room. Drums are NI Maschine. I hope you enjoy the listen.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51101674/DeepDs ... oodday.mp3

or soundcloud;

http://soundcloud.com/deepdsines/honey- ... a-good-day

Thanks! :D

I enjoyed this. It had a playful, happy feel and some great sounds. Great percussion too. The delay FX were very nice indeed.

Good work :)

Nice! Catchy and quirky bleeps in a happy little groove stew.

So you've gone modular then?
Image Image

ver' pixar ...

@Seismic: Thanks Tim! Glad you thought it sounded happy. I was aiming for that :) Good to hear that came across well. :)

@Polyslax: Thanks Matthew! After doing a little "research" I decided to get my feet wet with a 3U Euro setup. I have a long term plan to go 9U, but I'll have to do it in stages due to the expense. The system as it stands now is fairly simple, sequencing (for now) from my computer: Pittsburgh Modular [PM] Oscillator, PM LFO2, PM ADSR, PM Mix/attenuator, PM Dual Index, Circuit Abbey ADSRjr & expansion, Tiptop Audio Z3000, Wiard Borg Filter 1, and a Doepfer A-190-3 USB Midi to CV. I have ordered an Elby designs sample and hold/noise source but don't have it yet.

After playing with the moog minitaur for a bit, I realized I really enjoyed turning the knobs (which for some reason, I never did with the Roland Gaia). I've always thought modulars looked interesting and the hands on tactile aspect really appealed to me. I figured I try it out and see if I enjoyed it. So far so good - creating patches with cables, even on a small system like mine is certainly enjoyable. I think it might be addicting though. I keep thinking about how soon I can swing the purchase of the next two stages.... Gah!

Hey, that sounds great Steven - congrats! I expect you'll have a full wall of modular by this time next year. ;)

I assume you're checking out Muff's? Lots of modular info there.
Image Image

polyslax wrote:Hey, that sounds great Steven - congrats! I expect you'll have a full wall of modular by this time next year. ;)

I assume you're checking out Muff's? Lots of modular info there.
Yep, I'm on Muff's. Lots of good modular info there. Between that and combing through and reading all the product descriptions on Analogue Haven and watching videos, I was able to figure most of the basic stuff out.

Steve :-o

LOL . . too kool, man. I like the "accordianish" sound. Is that a "pianica"?
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

a thoroughly enjoyable listen, Steve. i look forward to hearing some more modular explorations :tu:

neil

Hm. I think I remember this not clicking with me the first time, but tonight it really hits the spot. Goes to show something or other, I guess. In any case, just now I quite enjoyed it. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

The intro didn't really grab me, and the sound coming in at 20 seconds or so really got under my skin. After the accordion-like sound at ~50 seconds played for a little bit, I saw I was bouncing around a lot. This has an awesome quirky funk :)

D.H. Miltz wrote:Hm. I think I remember this not clicking with me the first time, but tonight it really hits the spot. Goes to show something or other, I guess. In any case, just now I quite enjoyed it. Thanks.
Yeah I mentioned the intro at first didn't do anything for me...but when I listened to it a second time I liked it a lot more because I knew what was coming. Maybe this is the sort of song that you have to get to know a bit rather than spilling everything the first time through.

padillac wrote: Maybe this is the sort of song that you have to get to know a bit rather than spilling everything the first time through.
They are often the best :)

Return to “Music Cafe”