Rock- Recording Live with FL Studio - Amplitube 3/Guitar- BFD/Triggers

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

One take jam's with FL Studio
Amplitube 3/Hamer Guitar
BFD/Playstation Triggers

I am very happy with Amplitube 3. You can craft a variety of good sounds without an expensive guitar. You can trigger BFD and play effectively with $25
playstation drum triggers.

Very cheap live recording setup.

http://compusouth.net/music/latefowler.mp3

Impressive sounding guitar and that Toys R Us drum setup works really well :wink: The solo was sounding very good.

How do you record this? Straight into the DAW?

I'm thinking of getting a digital recorder to record some live stuff (drums & guitar), and then add the bass later. I suppose I could record straight into the DAW, but I'd have to relocate lots of studio equipment. Alternatively I could install a DAW on my laptop and connect the recorder to that. Just thinking out loud really.

Good work, Greg :)

seismic1 wrote:Impressive sounding guitar and that Toys R Us drum setup works really well :wink: The solo was sounding very good.

How do you record this? Straight into the DAW?

I'm thinking of getting a digital recorder to record some live stuff (drums & guitar), and then add the bass later. I suppose I could record straight into the DAW, but I'd have to relocate lots of studio equipment. Alternatively I could install a DAW on my laptop and connect the recorder to that. Just thinking out loud really.

Good work, Greg :)
I basically do a guitar jam into FL Studio's Edison live line in recorder, via my sound cards music in 1/8 jack. I usually just jam to a basic beat and note I have playing on my old yamaha psr-85 (not going to computer)

I then export the guitar wav file from Edison into "playlist as audio clip."

Play a drum part to it with the midi drums triggering BFD and align them in the playlist. I usually double the guitar part for the left and right and delay one a hair.

Then just tap out a bass part on my midi keyboard and maybe a keyboard on top

Make sure everything is in sync in the playlist.

I can't really do any track quantinizing because I am not really using FL's time because it started with an imported wav file as the base. I could if I wanted I suppose.

I lot of writing, but you get the simplicity to it I think :)

Thanks for listening.

Sounds good. Great guitar sound. Amazing what you can do with The equipment that's available today. I have actually recorded 4 live tracks onto my iPad with USB sound card and multitrack DAW.
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Allomerus wrote:Sounds good. Great guitar sound. Amazing what you can do with The equipment that's available today. I have actually recorded 4 live tracks onto my iPad with USB sound card and multitrack DAW.
I have never tried anything like that but it sounds interesting. What you can create (live classic instrument) with a computer and VST Host sounds much better than the old days using lower end Fostex for hobby home stuff. I was amazed the day I discovered software synths and Fl Studio back in 2004 or so.

I am putting some really nice Seymour Duncan JB's in my guitar this week. I will be able to get a good sound without as many effects going. Right now I am using the pickups that you find in a lot of good companies mid priced lineup like Jackson, the Duncan Designed HB103's. The new JB's are the ones that folks like Jake E. Lee and Warren Martini use. I am excited about the prospects!

Thanks for the listen.
Greg

Sounds exciting. I have a humbucking pickup in my strat, which I have had for many years, so I get the best of both worlds.
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Allomerus wrote:Sounds exciting. I have a humbucking pickup in my strat, which I have had for many years, so I get the best of both worlds.
That is the perfect combination in my book. You can do just about anything you want with that. That's what I am shooting for, my Hamer is a strat body style. Nothing but for me.

Huge guitar tone - HUGE!

I like your playing a lot too . . .

The drums . . . who'd have guessed?

Nice work!
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

Brother Charles wrote:Huge guitar tone - HUGE!

I like your playing a lot too . . .

The drums . . . who'd have guessed?

Nice work!
I appreciate it. I bought the guitar for $120, it's a Korean Hamer Californian Slammer Series . They thought it was a Slammer by Hamer.

Return to “Music Cafe”