Saturn-XI for Atlantis

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, you have probably seen it in the other thread so i will simply just give you the download link.

EDIT: Now permanently hosted on BedroomProducersBlog as well. Thanks Tom!

Please read the info in Things you should know about.txt

For info on how to operate the UI (and other stuff) see UI-Operation and other stuff.txt

In case you find ANY errors in the skin dont hesitate to let me know.

I hope youll enjoy the UI as much as i enjoyed making it. :phones:

PS: Recommended screen resolution is 1920x1200 / 1920x1080

(Screenshot = Original size.)

Last edited by ENV1 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gorgeous ~ Thank you!!!

8)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Congrats for your official release, man :tu:
I noticed you took our tips very well. Now the Gui can be more readable without too many screws. Nice!

Have a good day :)

Where is the load button????

Ah, found it:)

Thanks for sharing, looks gorgeous :)

Unfortunately the machine under the hood is getting pretty old though...

IrionDaRonin wrote:Congrats for your official release, man :tu:
I noticed you took our tips very well. Now the Gui can be more readable without too many screws.
Nah, youre probably just getting used to them.

I havent changed anything yet, its still the same background that i sent you in the test archive. :)

Numanoid wrote:Thanks for sharing, looks gorgeous :)

Unfortunately the machine under the hood is getting pretty old though...
Yeah, somewhat.

What bothers me the most is that while Atlantis is capable of practically any classic synth sound you could ever want, (after all you can load any waveform into the Oscs), you have to be veeeery careful with the volume level because the engine tends to overdrive/distort WAY faster than more recent softsynths do. This results in comparatively quiet presets, although you can of course louden them up afterwards. At any rate this is definitely the area with the most room for improvement, (and to me it would be the most welcome one for sure), the question is only will Jeremy ever be working on Atlantis again. Right now it doesnt look too good...

thanks. it looks gorgeous.
Vintage Drum Machine Kits for the Roland TR8-S & MC-707 https://rhythmelectronics.bandcamp.com

ENV1 wrote:the question is only will Jeremy ever be working on Atlantis again. Right now it doesnt look too good...
This is what I've asked several times at KVR...because Atlantis is great, but it still has much room for improvement. However, it looks like Jeremy is rather occupied with building hardware stuff than with improving Atlantis...:help:

I think Atlantis excels in trance-like sounds like textures, pads, stabs and some keys. But too often there is some inharmonic distortion introduced that makes the sound hardly usable. This was the reason why I rarely used it.

I also like Atlantis quite a bit but as many people have said it needs to be updated.

Wav import and general bug smashing would make me very happy but unfortunately I don't see it happening anytime soon. Atlantis is very unique synth even among the payware options, but the amount of crashes it has caused on my system make me stay away from using it.

Oh.. I almost forgot: Thank you for this skin Env1, you have a great taste in graphix..

All the best!

Tricky-Loops wrote:This is what I've asked several times at KVR...because Atlantis is great, but it still has much room for improvement. However, it looks like Jeremy is rather occupied with building hardware stuff than with improving Atlantis...:help:
Yeah, thats too bad. Atlantis is based on such a great concept, (not to mention the fact that you see everything, including a visual representation of all modulations, at all times), its a shame that development has been stagnant for so long already. But thats life i guess, sometimes you just have to set priorities and right now Jeremies priorities dont seem to be Atlantis. Tough luck for us, but im sure he has his reasons.

Tricky-Loops wrote:I think Atlantis excels in trance-like sounds like textures, pads, stabs and some keys. But too often there is some inharmonic distortion introduced that makes the sound hardly usable. This was the reason why I rarely used it.
I think one can do practically anything with it, except of course stuff like granular, additive and other more exotic types of noises. But yeah, that distortion at high gain levels is exactly what i was talking about. Only way around it is to go extreeeeemely easy on the gains and louden everything up later.

Thing is i refuse to let it bother me. The synth is just too good for that. In fact in a way i even enjoy Atlantises quirkiness because it gives me an even greater feeling of achievement when i finally get what i want. Its a little like it was in the olden days where we had bad grounding, f**ked up connectors, loose patchcables, etc., only in a different way. But then again, i always liked working like the pioneers. lol

(I remember Wolfgang Flür, very early on, used to play a set of self-made e-drums which pretty much consisted of contact-pads made out of aluminum foil on a piece of wood or cardboard or something and a pair of electricity-conducting stylus-kinda sticks to close the circuits and trigger the Oscs. Now that was the spirit! Rather than moaning about fidelity and the signal to noise ratio and whatnot they made the best of it, and we all know where this ultimately lead. I have always admired that kind of spirit, and thats why i dont feel immediately discouraged if something doesnt work the way i want right away. On the contrary, if anything it gives me an incentive to try even harder. And usually i get there eventually, too.)

filter303 wrote:I also like Atlantis quite a bit but as many people have said it needs to be updated.
No doubt it could do with an overhaul.

Like i said, especially a little more gain without risking distortion wouldnt be unwelcome at all.
filter303 wrote:Wav import
You can already use your own WAVs. Any waveform you want. Even in the LFOs.

Or are you talking about the way they are imported?
filter303 wrote:...the amount of crashes it has caused on my system make me stay away from using it.
Maybe you used an older version?

I use the latest and it never, not even once, crashed on me.

Not even once.
filter303 wrote:Oh.. I almost forgot: Thank you for this skin Env1, you have a great taste in graphix..

All the best!
Youre welcome.

Thank You. :)

I am pretty sure that I used the newest version. I always do. It's almost like obsession for me to keep everything updated. Perhaps I should try it again now that I got a new computer.

When it comes to the wav import I am talking about the way how it's currently done.

Return to “Instruments”