A small "Waveterm" for Terratec Komplexer (and other products)

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This has become and is still becoming far more than just a tool to build wavetables, blacktomcat. It's a fabulous and unique tool for us sound and sample explorers.

Since you seem to like to play with it and develop it even further, has it ever occurred to you to implement resynthesis with variable nr. of partials into it? ;) I don't think there's any need to explain what that is to you. :hihi: That would make it even more flexible sample manipulation tool. Quite a lot more.

I still remember those adds for a "re-synthesiser" from the early 90s/late 80s. That was quite an expensive piece of gear at the time. I can't recall its name right now, but it had the coolest fluorescent amber screen. :)

edit: This is it! :) http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2007/ ... nthesizer/ Isn't it the coolest mofo of a synth along with PPG and Fairlight systems you've ever seen? :)

Some relevant info: http://www.dspdimension.com/technology- ... synthesis/ and http://www.dsprelated.com/showmessage/97768/2.php Just googled "dsp audio resynthesis". Vertigo uses FFT calculations for it as far as I know...

"Vertigo from DiscoDSP does nice resynthesis IMO. http://www.discodsp.com/vertigo/ There are some others, too. "Morphine" from Image-Line, and "Cube" from Virsyn systems. I was considering buying Vertigo at the time... but it didn't seem very flexible as a synth, and I demoed all three but found them rather unexciting as synths, but the resamples sounded really cool! ;) I'd rather just "render" samples, or rather multi-samples for every "C" and "F#" across 5 octaves, and use those samples in a sampler. Does all this makes any sense to you? :)

Cheers!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Hello K-term user.

I would be nice if you could give more feedback to the programmer. What do you like about K-Term? What could we do better. What features would you have in K-Term?
The man spends most of his free time writing to K-term and would be happy about your feedback.

cheers

Piet :)

:love: bump :hihi:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

I'm working on a new update, including some new features:

- new folder structure, which updates itself and puts files into the right folder

- in addition to that a kind of recycle bin for unsupported / damaged files

- new browsers with more detailed information

- single cycle analysis (for all files between 128 and 4096 samples + loop data, as far as it's possible with only 64 sine waves)

- single cycle export

- new export pages for all file types

- some new synthesis functions (formant shift envelope and some other things, but I have to do some research on what makes sense...)

- gui changes

- bug fixes in KTERM and XMRPH section

But there's still much work to do and i can't tell you a release date. Here are some screenshots:

Just :-o! In an absolutely positive sense, of course. :D
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote:Just :-o! In an absolutely positive sense, of course. :D
+1 ... awesome!

Thank you, so much 8)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm still working on v1.50 and there are still some pages to (re)build. Still no release date, but here are some further pics of the latest changes and improvements:

Harmonic Shifter:

Filter Curve + Envelope Editor:

Wave Drawing:

The last picture shows the limitations of a pure sine wave resynthesis: Input and output look very different, because the output misses the DC and the cosine parts. But in most cases the differences in sound are far less than one might assume.

And some good news for Komplexer Users: The WT files now include the (automatic calculated) energy limitation data, so Komplexer now reproduces your wavetables nearly 1:1.

blacktomcat666 wrote:I'm still working on v1.50 and there are still some pages to (re)build. Still no release date, but here are some further pics of the latest changes and improvements:
Looks amazing Mathias 8)

FR: "www" w/donate button. :wink:

Your efforts should net you some return, by those who appreciate it.

Great news, Blacktomcat! :party:

http://home.arcor.de/blacktomcat666/Audio-Term.zip

Not yet on the update channel, because it's a nearly complete rework and testing is not finished. So make a new folder to put the content of the zip file in.

When you think it's working well, you can replace the 'Audio-Term v1.4x.exe' with the new file. Or you wait until testing is finished and get the new version by the update function. The application will build a new data structure and reassign the data into the new folders. This change can't be made undone, so be careful (or make a complete backup of your 'Audio-Term' folder).

Some new Features:

- new file structure:

1. Samples (WAV, 4097 samples/channel - 1 minute, stereo or mono, 16 or 32 bit)
2. Single Cycles (WAV, 32 - 4096 samples/channel, stereo or mono, 16 or 32 bit, loop data with length of file must be present)
3. K-TERM wavetables (WAV)
4. Komplexer WT files (WT)
5. Blofeld Wavetable Creator files (BWC)

- recycle bin for unrecognized file types and error info

- changed GUI

- harmonics in K-TERM now are logarithmic, which results in far better sound quality and interpolation results

- single cycle resynthesis and waveform drawing with resynthesis

- wavetable assembling now possible from single cycles and all sorts of wavetables

- also the formant filter curve can be loaded from all of these files

- much more flexible filter pages

- new formant shifting page

- new interpolation page with 2 algorithms and free anchor settings

- new pages for saving files

- wave energy computing for Terratec Komplexer WT files, so Komplexer now makes a nearly perfect resynthesis

- bug fixes and optimizations

The next step would be a manual and some demo files - just to show that it's more than a toy. :wink:

Good heavens, I need to find some time to test it. ;) I think these new features and updates are incredibly great! :)

Thank you so much for your work, man, and for sharing it with us other resynthesis/wavetable enthusiasts! :D

What a great pice of Software. Thanks a lot for this big Update and your Work. :tu: :clap:

Komplexer and audio-term. This is the wavetable combination ever. What none of the companies has made, has now made ​​a young German programmer. Respect Mathias.

Hi,

nice update - love how much better the wavetables sound now while still retaining that lovely retrovibe. And the wavedrawing is supernice. :) Only little issue for me (possibly intended somehow from your side): I've done some very basic treatment of a wavetable in Wavosaur (filtering and db clipping) and saved that edited version in the "03 KTERM - Wavetables (Audio, WAV)" subfolder of the data folder - where it in IMO belongs. Loop points remained the same, absolutely no change in length of file or anything besides basic filtering and rudimentery distortion + normalization. I got pretty concerned when Vaz Modular couldn't find the file as I later attempted to reopen a patch and some variations on that patch - it turned out Audio-Term for some reason moves the wavetable from "03 KTERM - Wavetables (Audio, WAV)" to "01 Samples (WAV)". Copying it back offcourse didn't work as it was re-moved upon next launch of Audio-Term. Do you have any explanaition for this? Is there anything I can do to ensure the wavetable remains in the intended folder as it's a bit inconvenient to have those files moving around, and if they for some reason have to could there at least be a clear message when this happens?

Could the editing have messed with some kind of included non-audio data in the file or something like that perhaps?

Otherwise it's thumbs up as ususal, I really like this tool! Looking forward to a little more documentation, the morphing and some other functions remain a bit mysterious to me (but I'd really love to dive in there)...

Return to “Soundware”