New sound & new recording method

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The sound is called Solo and is the lead for the tune of the same name. Skipping the boring details, I can now record a live improv, with different voices for left and right hand in a way that wasn't possible for me previously.

I hope you like the result.

http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Solo.ogg
http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Solo.mp3
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

a peaceful mood and beautiful tune. nice backing voices for the lead melody.. sounds good

Luvly lead flute. By all means play more like this, since improvisation is small talk with God Himself :) Cheers Matt
Every time you use autotune, God kills a kitten.
Please, think of the kittens.

Great sounds, folderol. Lovely melodies and chords. I listened to this 3 or four times now. It sounds even better this morning. Was this recorded using Zyn on Linux?

Good work :)

Thank you very much for your comments :hyper:

@Seismic1
Close :) It was actually Yoshimi, the Linux only derivative.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Lovely melody, kind of graceful.

Hypnotic and melodic. I dig it! :tu:

Thanks again.

Not quite ready for page 3 and beyond :P

Beautiful melody as ever :) Nice sounds too :D

Well, I just couldn't leave this alone!

Using the same recording method I've added an intro, and a small insert near the end, with only minimal editing.

Adding a fairly subdued bass line was much more problematic! And although played live against the rest it took a lot of stops, starts and retries.

I think it's an improvement. I hope you agree :)

Oh, er, it's the same links at the top of the page.

I always liked the quiet melodic touch you bring to music, beautiful solo and a comfortable sound. dig it

wow, what a great little improv Folderol! I hope you enjoyed making it as much as I'm enjoying listening to it! lovely

oops! Nearly missed this :o

Thanks a lot. Yes, I really enjoy doing something like this. It's usually only weekends though, as I find my most inspirational time is always the middle of the night. It then doesn't matter if I'm zonked right out of it on a Sunday :D

Return to “Music Cafe”