Cableguys Curve 2 - Version 2.1 out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Curve

Our synth Cableguys Curve 2 is out now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkXBBo9u_dU&hd=1

Curve is a software synthesizer with an irresistible waveform editor, huge sound library and slick interface. Ideal for both experimentation and detailed tweaking at an excellent sound quality.

http://www.cableguys.de/curve.html

Last edited by Jakob / Cableguys on Tue May 07, 2013 4:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

That was quite a bit of work last night.. I'll take a short break and then hand-out the free Curve 2 licenses to everyone who purchased Curve 1 or the Cableguys Bundle on or after Dec 12 2011.

Also, Curve 2 licenses/discounts for the preset contest winners will arrive within the next hours.

looks tasty Image
"It dreamed itself along"

Good luck with it Jakob :tu:

i love this: "irresistible waveform editor"! will check it out tonite (am assuming there's a mac version...)... :-)

fisherKing wrote:i love this: "irresistible waveform editor"! will check it out tonite (am assuming there's a mac version...)... :-)
Yes, Mac/PC, AU/VST/RTAS, 32/64bit all available (no AAX yet, though..)

delete
Last edited by dayjob on Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dayjob wrote:i wish you guys would make an installer. dragging and dropping the files is only slightly annoying but i always get soem dumb OSX error and have to work around it.

"The operation can't be completed because some items had to be skipped. For each item, choose File > Get Info, make sure "Locked" is deselected, and then check the Sharing & Permissions section. When you are sure the items are unlocked and not designated as Read Only or No Access, try again."

i don't have this problem when dragging and dropping other components.. just yours for some reason. it's a mystery. :)

edit - nevermind.. i just have to go in and delete the old version of the component before dragging the new one into the components folder.
Glad you got it sorted out..

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
dayjob wrote:i wish you guys would make an installer. dragging and dropping the files is only slightly annoying but i always get soem dumb OSX error and have to work around it.

"The operation can't be completed because some items had to be skipped. For each item, choose File > Get Info, make sure "Locked" is deselected, and then check the Sharing & Permissions section. When you are sure the items are unlocked and not designated as Read Only or No Access, try again."

i don't have this problem when dragging and dropping other components.. just yours for some reason. it's a mystery. :)

edit - nevermind.. i just have to go in and delete the old version of the component before dragging the new one into the components folder.
Glad you got it sorted out..
crashes logic AU eval and then crashed logic. VST is fine in Live though

dayjob wrote:crashes logic AU eval and then crashed logic. VST is fine in Live though
Uh, that should not happen of course. We've tested with Logic, and while Curve 2 is working fine in Logic here, it might fail Logic's AU validation. We are currently looking into this issue.

If AU Validation is failing, there is an easy workaround: Open "Audio Units Manager" in Logic's Preferences. Then select the row saying "Curve 2" and tick the column "Logic". You might need to click the field twice for Logic to accept your changes. But of course it should not crash. If it's crashing for others, let us know!

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
dayjob wrote:crashes logic AU eval and then crashed logic. VST is fine in Live though
Uh, that should not happen of course. We've tested with Logic, and while Curve 2 is working fine in Logic here, it might fail Logic's AU validation. We are currently looking into this issue.

If AU Validation is failing, there is an easy workaround: Open "Audio Units Manager" in Logic's Preferences. Then select the row saying "Curve 2" and tick the column "Logic". You might need to click the field twice for Logic to accept your changes. But of course it should not crash.
i did .. and then it crashed logic..

i'll quote chris randall "f**king logic" ;)

i bet you it'll pass AU eval on my desktop though and it's a mirror system. same OS and software hosts. joys of software development!

So is this an additive? It looks like one

here's the AU eval fail info if it helps. (also, i'd be happy to take this to your support form or PM or email or whatever. feel bad clogging the release thread w/this logic nonsense)

i'm getting the same 'fail' message in logic, but in the AU manager, just validate it a few times, and (here at least), that works. still, do not want to have to do this every time i open logic (which is what happens now).

fisherKing wrote:i'm getting the same 'fail' message in logic, but in the AU manager, just validate it a few times, and (here at least), that works. still, do not want to have to do this every time i open logic (which is what happens now).
Yes, Logic makes it pretty difficult for developers.

But fixing the AU validation is top-prio for us anyway (we had fixed it the way Logic wants to before, and the plugin validated, but this slowed down switching presets in Curve dramatically, sigh).

Return to “Instruments”