What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Audio Input?

Official support for: humanoidsounds.co.uk

Moderator: John [Humanoid Sound Sys]

jc_vt
KVRist

321 posts since 27 May, 2012, from Vermont, USA

Postby jc_vt; Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:08 pm Audio Input?

I'm pretty new to ScannedSynth, and have enjoyed exploring it. The last page of the manual mentions audio input as a source of hammer and mass, but gives little info on achieving this. I've routed an audio file in Live to ScannedSynth, but there doesn't appear to be any place in the interface to activate the external audio. I would have expected it as an option in hammer or mass, but doesn't not appear. Am I missing something? How do you activate this feature?

Thanks,

JC
John [Humanoid Sound Sys]
KVRist

429 posts since 13 Mar, 2006, from Queensland, Australia

Postby John [Humanoid Sound Sys]; Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:52 am

Hi JC,

There is a control called "Input Mix" on the "Master" page of the synth which controls how much of the hammer shape comes from the input audio and how much from the selected hammer shape waveform (a higher value takes more of the input signal). To be totally honest, I don't think many people use this feature and even I don't think it's really very useful. I don't know what I was thinking :)

Enzyme will feature actual sample import which will be a much nicer way of getting audio into the synth.

Cheers,

John.
jc_vt
KVRist

321 posts since 27 May, 2012, from Vermont, USA

Postby jc_vt; Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:32 am

John:

Thanks for the quick reply. I look forward to learning more about Enzyme. When do you expect to release it?

I may be crazy, but I was running SSPro in the "classic" skin and the control you mention is nowhere to be found. When I switched back to the "default" skin it was clearly there.....

Jon

John [Humanoid Sound Sys] wrote:Hi JC,

There is a control called "Input Mix" on the "Master" page of the synth which controls how much of the hammer shape comes from the input audio and how much from the selected hammer shape waveform (a higher value takes more of the input signal). To be totally honest, I don't think many people use this feature and even I don't think it's really very useful. I don't know what I was thinking :)

Enzyme will feature actual sample import which will be a much nicer way of getting audio into the synth.

Cheers,

John.
John [Humanoid Sound Sys]
KVRist

429 posts since 13 Mar, 2006, from Queensland, Australia

Postby John [Humanoid Sound Sys]; Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:59 am

jc_vt wrote:John:

Thanks for the quick reply. I look forward to learning more about Enzyme. When do you expect to release it?

I may be crazy, but I was running SSPro in the "classic" skin and the control you mention is nowhere to be found. When I switched back to the "default" skin it was clearly there.....

Jon

John [Humanoid Sound Sys] wrote:Hi JC,

Cheers,

John.

Ah yes. The classic skin is the one from Scanned Synth Pro version 1.0 which didn't have the audio input feature.

I expect to release Enzyme within the next few months. It's hard to say more exactly than that really. I'm making good progress at the moment which is exciting, but it's always hard to tell how long the later phases of testing, fixing and polishing will take.

Moderator: John [Humanoid Sound Sys]

Return to Humanoid Sound Systems