What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Rob Papen announces Punch 1.0.2 !

Official support for: robpapen.com

Moderators: Meffy, Concretefx, Rob Papen

Concretefx
KVRAF

3499 posts since 6 Feb, 2003, from UK

Postby Concretefx; Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:13 am

I'm still researching how to do this, so it works in vst/au/rtas/aax pc & mac, and unfortunately there isn't that much information out there, and we wouldn't want to release something that works in one system and doesn't work in another unless we really had to do something.

cheers

jon
Resonator63
KVRAF

3631 posts since 1 Oct, 2006, from Um! Where is this?

Postby Resonator63; Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:16 am

Ok thanks for the update :)
Igro
KVRAF

3644 posts since 26 Apr, 2007, from Noosphere

Postby Igro; Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:50 am Re: Rob Papen announces Punch 1.0.2 !

I've got a little feature request. Punch has an awesome feature - Choke. I would really like to see this "choking" worked within just a single pad too. Let's say I'm using a kick from just one pad, then I select "choke" and kicks will be playing without overlapping. So when second kick hits, the previous will stop. I can do this now by using two pads with the same kick module, but this would be a waste of one pad. Thank you!

P.S: obviously, there must be a separate button for that.
Concretefx
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:44 pm Re: Rob Papen announces Punch 1.0.2 !

Interesting , I'll have a think about that.

Cheers

Jon
taoyoyo
KVRian

951 posts since 6 Jul, 2005

Postby taoyoyo; Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:27 pm Re:

taoyoyo wrote:
sqigls wrote:Changing patches is causing large CPU spikes in Ableton Live v8.3. In some banks it is actually STOPPING the whole audio stream.

Have to say that the 'changing presets' spikes sqigls mentioned are a real problem here too.

I'm working on my live rig, which basically revolves around two instances of Maschine and using Live almost as a DJ Mixer. The idea is to additionally trigger Punch's Sequencer to add some nice embellishments and add an extra realtime vibe to things (which to me was always one of the most attractive features of Punch)

Everything goes great... until one goes to change patches and a severe glitch in the audio stream occurs... which is no good at all in a continuous live mix.

I don't mind a slight delay in the patch loading (as Jon said earlier in this thread Punch does have to load quite a few samples) but the audio glitch is a problem.

I don't mean to be negative as I love Punch, but I'm hoping there's a solution to the glitching when changing presets issue.

This is with the VST on OSX 10.7.3, Live 8.4b3 (32 and 64bit) with CPU usage at about 15% but the problem also occurs in Studio One and Kore.

Thanks for listening.

Alan

Hi Jon/Rob…

Just wanted to revisit this as we're now up to 1.0.4 and the issue with audio glitching inside a DAW (Live 9.1) with the engine running when changing patches is still present. I'm not sure if this was looked into but it's still a major issue when considering using Punch in a live context.

I had a couple of FR's too… both of which would be really handy for getting more mileage out of Punch (in a live situation):

In the sequencer:

1) Latch mode: would be much better if the 8 individual sequences could be toggled on/off using the midi note, rather than the current 'Latch All On/Off' function.

ie: Groove 1 can be started by pressing C3 once, then stopped by pressing C3 again and so on for the other Grooves and Fills.

2) Extending the sequencer capabilities to 32 steps (2 bars) would be great for allowing more variety. I think this has been requested previously and some sort of 'Sequence A + B tie' solution was mentioned?

I know you guys are up to your neck in Blue 2 right now but would be great if these could be considered and/or looked into.

Cheers,

Alan
Igro
KVRAF

3644 posts since 26 Apr, 2007, from Noosphere

Postby Igro; Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:42 pm Re: Rob Papen announces Punch 1.0.2 !

Does anyone have crackles while adjusting Main volume and dedicated volume at every module/pad? Win7(64), Studio One v2.6 (32bit).
Concretefx
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:51 pm Re: Rob Papen announces Punch 1.0.2 !

Hi there

Ok, we will looking into those issues when we get some time, and also the ideas.

Cheers

jon
taoyoyo
KVRian

951 posts since 6 Jul, 2005

Postby taoyoyo; Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:39 am Re: Rob Papen announces Punch 1.0.2 !

Concretefx wrote:Hi there

Ok, we will looking into those issues when we get some time, and also the ideas.

Cheers

jon

Thanks Jon, really appreciate it :)
Previous

Moderators: Meffy, Concretefx, Rob Papen

Return to Rob Papen