Phase47 / Presence

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Third (and final) of a series. More long-form focus. Total length 48:42.

http://phase47.bandcamp.com/album/presence

Thanks for listening. Comments encouraged.

Another shifting, evolving soundscape, but with a longer cycle-time between each variation/generation. I found this difficult to listen to with other things going on, so switched of my screen and the lights.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:Another shifting, evolving soundscape, but with a longer cycle-time between each variation/generation. I found this difficult to listen to with other things going on, so switched of my screen and the lights.

Good work :)
Thanks Seismic. This one is definitely different and serves a different kind focus ;)

Just a bump to say that Presence was featured on Synthtopia today for their free music Friday series:

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2012/ ... c-fridays/

If you like pure electronic ambience and haven't heard it yet, give it a download - it's long @ ~ 42 minutes. It's name-your-price including free, so give it a spin.

http://phase47.bandcamp.com/album/presence

I like me some long form ambient , and this is a fine example ...
driving music ...

:tu:

I'm only four minutes in, but I'm LOVING this!
Blue Phase Music

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Made my day. :)

Presence started strong and did not disappoint. Wonderful textures and soundscapes throughout. :)

It kinda reminded me of the music at the beginning of Close Encounters of the Third Kind (the very beginning), and parts of the end of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I may need to pick this one up. :)
Blue Phase Music

4lb Kitty wrote:Presence started strong and did not disappoint. Wonderful textures and soundscapes throughout. :)

It kinda reminded me of the music at the beginning of Close Encounters of the Third Kind (the very beginning), and parts of the end of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I may need to pick this one up. :)

Thanks, Kitty. Needless to say, you're golden. :) And thanks again.

Just wanted to thank all of the KVRians who downloaded this, and offer my heartfelt gratitude for those that purchased - you guys & gals are amazing.

:)
Blue Phase Music

I downloaded all your albums, what I've heard so far is great! Thanks for sharing!

SampleScience wrote:I downloaded all your albums, what I've heard so far is great! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks SampleScience. Those three were conceptual pieces linked in a chain - a trilogy I guess you'd say. I have some stragglers in that same style that didn't fit in ultimately. I may finish them and make them available on Bandcamp if there's enough interest. It's looking likely at this point.

How many listeners would you say you have?

I thought I was one of the only ones actively seeking out and listening to this type of music.

I recently found Meg Bowles and I find I'm really taken with her stuff. :)
Blue Phase Music

4lb Kitty wrote:How many listeners would you say you have?

I thought I was one of the only ones actively seeking out and listening to this type of music.

I recently found Meg Bowles and I find I'm really taken with her stuff. :)

Hard to say re: listeners. I put the first album up on Bandcamp on August 1st and since then I've added the two others and the plays have been way, way above what I ever thought it would be in a little over two months. And while the plays have been great, downloads/purchases are a small percentage of that number - a very small percentage.

Still, for what is basically a word of mouth operation for some very niche ambient/electronic, I'm very pleased with progress so far. I love this kind of very quiet & minimal production, always have, and I'm always pleased when other people do to - because like you said, for a long time, I thought I was one of the only ones! :) It wasn't until I started putting stuff out during the Myspace boon that I found that there actually was an audience for this kind of material.

If you want to hear what Phase47 sounded like half a decade or so ago, there's this old abandoned Myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/phase47

I may yet revisit some of that old material. Who knows. Thanks for listening.

Return to “Music Cafe”