ik multimedia support wont help - can you? [RESOLVED]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Almost 3 weeks ago I installed amplitube 3 free and downloaded my licenses in the customer shop for the gear own, which includes the Hendrix collection, but when I go through the presets I'm getting an error stating that Fuzz Age 2 is missing. I checked my custom shop and indeed its shown as gear I do not own!! How can this be, I purchased the Hendrix collection years ago and everything use to work fine in Amplitube 2! Why does this pedal now not load in Amplitube 3?

I immediately submitted a support ticket, to which they state they will reply with 24 hours excluding weekends and holidays. ITs now going on 3 WEEKS, and I have heard NOTHING!! So maybe this forum can help. Any idea whats going on and how to fix it?

p.s. this isn't the first time I've had problems completely IGNORED by ik customer service. I will for sure be rethinking purchasing products from this company in the future if this is how they choose to do business!
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

Have you tried launching the 'custom shop' and clicking on the account menu and then 'restore my gear' ?

it doesn't work Sagan, precise same problem i had with fuzz age 2.

All the other restores worked, it's just that one module.

I assume it's a system wide issue

WOW! So evidently its been like this for YEARS and IK's solution is to simply ignore it?
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

Where is ObiK? :(

Hmm, I'd better check this when I get home. The one glitch I have noticed is this:

I pretty much had all of the models before upgrading to v3. After the upgrade, I noticed that a slew of presets I wrote generate a message saying that a mic is missing when I try and load them. The thing is I have them all, so I should not get that message. My assumption is that it has to do with the change to v3. I did get a response from customer support, but their question was to ask what mic(s) they were using. Of course, I don't remember. We're talking a few dozen presets that do this, all written some time ago. :roll:
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Hi, I saw the thread and walked over to support (I'm actually in the US office this week). Apparently something happened to your ticket and I (and support) apologize and they should be getting back to you shortly if they haven't already. Sorry to see that your ticket fell through the cracks.

Mudcat007 wrote:Where is ObiK? :(
Indeed. Had it looked like a sales lead he'd have swooped in long ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Making a ham sandwich.
Unfortunately he's out of ham. Luckily he has plenty of the substitute left.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

LGK let us know if it gets fixed and how..

actually i don't own hendrix anymore LOL so i guess it doesn't matter, but i do still own metal and svx as they were non transferrable at the time.

kind of glad i still have them!

I've been around, just left this one to Peter since he got to the thread before I did. I just double checked with Support and this issue has been resolved.

All users can now get the Fuzz Age 2 pedal just by using the "restore my gear" function in the Custom Shop.
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

ttoz wrote:LGK let us know if it gets fixed and how..

actually i don't own hendrix anymore LOL so i guess it doesn't matter, but i do still own metal and svx as they were non transferrable at the time.

kind of glad i still have them!
Sorry for the delay in getting back here. After Peter's post I did receive a reply to my support request, and they apologized for the delay and offered a 20 credit voucher to purchase Fuzz Age 2 from the store while they worked on a permeant solution. But after reading this thread first, I was able to restore Fuzz Age 2 just fine, so they must have fixed it today? In either case, I didn't end up using the 20 credit offered as the gear restore today worked and I don't want to take advantage of the situation.

I also want to take this opportunity to publicly thank Peter from IK. Obviously it was your help that got this situation finally resolved. You are doing a great job helping the public image of IK multimedia, and I hope they realize how much of an asset to the company you really are! I've read enough stuff on these boards to know you are a guy who gets things done, listens to customers, and opens honest dialog between us and IK, and I for one really appreciate it!

Do you by chance attend NAMM? If so I'd love to thank you in person.

Peter is a really great guy yes, very very helpful. And Obik too of course. I have said it before and i totally give IK too much shit myself, so i am guilty, but the guys that run the forum PR are amazing and i think we sometimes forget they are only a small part of IK and we should cut them some slack sometimes :)

LGK_Dude wrote: Sorry for the delay in getting back here. After Peter's post I did receive a reply to my support request, and they apologized for the delay and offered a 20 credit voucher to purchase Fuzz Age 2 from the store while they worked on a permeant solution. But after reading this thread first, I was able to restore Fuzz Age 2 just fine, so they must have fixed it today? In either case, I didn't end up using the 20 credit offered as the gear restore today worked and I don't want to take advantage of the situation.

I also want to take this opportunity to publicly thank Peter from IK. Obviously it was your help that got this situation finally resolved. You are doing a great job helping the public image of IK multimedia, and I hope they realize how much of an asset to the company you really are! I've read enough stuff on these boards to know you are a guy who gets things done, listens to customers, and opens honest dialog between us and IK, and I for one really appreciate it!

Do you by chance attend NAMM? If so I'd love to thank you in person.
I don't know what to say, that's far too kind of you. I'm glad it was all taken care of - honestly it was our Tech Support team that was mostly responsible for this. I talked to them all directly and we worked it out collectively, so it was a collective effort. I'm probably more responsible for pushing the "give some credits" because I didn't think the permanent solution would come so fast so I'm trigger happy Santa :) Tech Support really made the case to get the permanent fix and we've been working on communication improvement internally to help make things like this happen more quickly and effectively. I'm glad it is showing, we'll use this as an example of how to work through something like this in the future.

Come to think of it, I may not look so good in the situation because I think I missed this KVR thread when I think back. I believe a keen support rep actually pointed out the thread to me. My first post may have been inaccurate... That's preposterous!! Probably get myself fired admitting to that.... j/k of course... I hope... :)

The short reply is: You're welcome. Your kind words are appreciated.

Oh and I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to be booked to go to NAMM but I may submit this thread as part of my argument for sending me. Much obliged for your help there, especially if successful. If I'm going, I'd be happy to chat there face to face. I'm hoping by that time we will have implemented some more things that I feel will enrich our user experience with our products and service. Yes, I'll still take an opportunity to tease when I can get one. That may never change. ;)
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”