Halloween goodie - annode - Come Closer

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I assembled an audio story, then created a creeped out music theme at the end.
Lot's of walking and running...but pls be patient, it gets there eventually. :D

annode_Come.Closer
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Was that staged or a real field recording? I think the hubbly bubbly was probably the cause of the original trouble :hihi: Still, the exercise probably did you good. I like the detuned 'Tron organ/string patch. Echoes of TD or maybe even "Watcher Of The Skies". I thought that theme was more apocalyptic than horrific.

I had to listen 3 times :o

Good work :)

The music I liked - a lot, but I nearly gave up before reaching it :shrug:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

seismic1 wrote:Was that staged or a real field recording? I think the hubbly bubbly was probably the cause of the original trouble :hihi: Still, the exercise probably did you good. I like the detuned 'Tron organ/string patch. Echoes of TD or maybe even "Watcher Of The Skies". I thought that theme was more apocalyptic than horrific.

I had to listen 3 times :o

Good work :)
Hey seismic...thanks for stopping by for a listen. :D
Most of what I used was captured mono samples from 'sound effect' sample sites.
You know...the low-fi mono demo streams when shopping for samples. I reprocessed, edited and layered them. Like the walking/running was re-processed into stereo as I tweeked pan and phase. Percussive sounds I made and layered. When he stops running, all the sounds after that were home made. (like the witch flying away was me flapping my trench coat. :lol: ) Layering got me the head hitting the ground, after being sheared off, as well as his body hitting the ground. No big deal, just fun stuff.

Right! Watcher of the Skies...a few chords sound just like it...never realized it. haha
I was going for that old style horror like Phantom of the Opera or a Boris Karloff digging bodies from graves sort of soundtrack. It's not as chezzy as that though...I guess it's more stylized to how I write then of horror. Like you said 'apocalyptic'...that's more my thing. :D

Thanks for sticking it out. :wink:

folderol wrote:The music I liked - a lot, but I nearly gave up before reaching it :shrug:
Hey folderol, thanks for sticking it out to the end music.
He runs for a good long time, that's true. I was trying to give the sense that he had covered a good distance from the witches cabin...but to no avail if your transportation is a broom stick. :lol: Hey, if Monty Python got away with it , why not me? ( IT'S! ) :lol:

Thanks for writing how much you liked the music...much appreciated. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”