OMG the xln audio installer is amazing i wish EVERYTHING would work this way!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Lars, has already been sorted, kinda, by Tore (posted in the forum). I don't have 2 accounts, it was plainly a case of the "tick" not being on Retro when I installed AKFree, so the installer assumed I wanted Retro uninstalled (which I never "chose").
Eternitysound VST Banks

Ok, worked for me last night while running in the background as I used it. It seemed that it would fail when I left it alone. I didn't think the sleep settings would have kicked in, but maybe.

Lars XLN Audio wrote:Thanks for the feedback!

We are currently testing a version that allows you to choose install paths for both AD and AK, as well as moving an existing installation.

- If the OI wants to download/update AD it could be either that some smaller files need updating (should be fairly quick) or possibly a large file if the installed version is from one of the early v1.0 DVDs. If possible let it finish, sorry for the inconvenience there!

- About the Retro being uninstalled: We haven't seen a case where it removes products that you have in your account. I guess it could happen if you for some reason have 2 accounts with us, with Retro in another account than AD..? Please just contact support and we can merge those accounts. In general, the products listed in the Installer should match what you own, so if it doesn't, contact support.

And if you have any other issues, please contact support as well!

Best,
/Lars
what about allowing pause then continuation? i think that's important

?? any updates on that? imagine you download 1GB out of the 1.1 and your connection drops out :-o

!!

yes I love this new installer. I bought an ADpak this past weekend and rather than having to download the pack and install which would have taken a long time I just installed from the Addictive Drums disk I had from when I bought the vst and it just updated and authorized the pack which took 2 minutes rather than 2 hours to download the pack and then authorize. It was a great experience for me. XLN Audio is one of my favorite Pro Audio companies.

the piano is deliciously good. wish in a way i didn't get pianoteq play.

there is an absolutely FLAWLESS dance piano preset there too :) just perfecto.

Addictive Keys is just great in general. I decided I wanted to buy it within 5 minutes of downloading the beta. I don't even use the Grand Piano for me it was all about the Rhodes.

anyone having trouble with their installer......for some reason it goes really slow, then stops, then error mismatch file......what does this mean

For me this new installer was the reason to part with my XLN products. Don't miss them.

I actually liked the installer... not sure if it's still the same with AD2.

I have a question, that hopefully someone can help me with (I really didn't want to create a whole new thread for it, so for hi-jacking it - slightly).

On JRRshop, they sell AD2+Kit, for $79. As an AD1 owner, if I purchase this, would it work the same as an upgrade?

It has its pros and cons.
A bit too particular in some ways.

It wants you to download on the same machine you use it on, and in every case, requires you to have an internet connection on that machine. I know some don't care for that fact. I don't mind having a connection on my studio tower for a simple authorization, but don't care to use it for actual downloads.
I often use another computer for downloads and unpacking. And I do this for the obvious security issues, but also because of ISP imposed bandwidth download limits.
But where XLN loses points with me is they only give you two computers you can use this installer with and they require that if one is used solely for transfers, that it be the same OS; version and bit of the machine you intend to use it on.
So what I have to do, is take my tablet down the hill to download it and take it back up the hill to transfer the program to the one computer it will run on. First of all, they need to increase the computer accounts to three, second, it would be nice if you could download on any windows platform and transfer to authorize on any other windows platform, and setup a way for offline authorization for those that want to keep their studio completely offline.

Since I bought a physical copy of Studio Keys, I had hoped for the disk to contain the program(s). It did not. It only had the installer on the disk. So until I worked out the quirks of how they required me to do it, it took me three months to fit the downloads into my plan limits (which is the highest plan they offer). I really like the products, but its a bit of a PITA considering how picky the installer is.

The biggest problem with their installer is that you can only install all XLN products on max two computers. You can't for example install your AD products on computer A+B, then install your AK products on computers B+C. Problem.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

re_mute wrote:Yeh, awesome - I'm trying to authorize installation on my never-online-music-computer and it's a complete, non-working, pain in the ass, even following the instructions to the letter.
If this is the future of authorizing, it can f**k right off and leave me with the iLok/eLicenser/serial, thanks.
This. I personnaly took the computer to the internet connexion, but that's a huge pita.

Lots of us guys have more than one computer and having more would be nice simply because I feel better knowing I have a back up in case my system goes down so I would encourage them to expand this to at least 4 computers.

Computers are so cheap these days it is easier to go out and buy another than fix one when it malfunctions. I have 2 that sit in a corner I could have repaired and that would make 4 systems I have now what if I want to add a mac at some point in the future?

justification for putting it on 10 systems could be made.

Laptop portable solution
desktop at recording studio
desktop at rehearsal studio
desktop at home
backup for portable solution if playing live everyone needs a second computer to serve as a backup in case the main computer fails.
everything times 2 when you diversify and add mac to the equation

This is why you need more than 2 computers. I am sure for pros it is a major PITA to have limitations as low of only 2 computers on any vst or vsti software.

Return to “Instruments”